ADVERTISEMENT

tO$U getting slimmer.....

So what does the 2018 Buckeye lineup look like ?

125 - NaTo
133 - Pletcher
141 - Ke-Shawn
149 - Micah
157 - who knows ... Ryan ?
165 - Campbell
174 - BoJo
184 - MyMar
197 - Kollin Moore
285 - The Champ

Damn. That's an elite lineup.

And in most seasons, should win the NCAA title.

They'll be 2nd in 2018 though.

Reactions: nitlion6
I can't see any way in the world Campbell gets to 157. NaTo may be able to get to 125 but I doubt he can hold it.

125 - NaTo
133 - Pletcher
141 - Ke-Shawn
149 - Micah
165 - Campbell
174 - BoJo
184 - MyMar
197 - Kollin Moore
285 - The Champ

It really is a great team let's see:
We win
149-184
They win
197-hwt
133-141 your thoughts?

They win 133(Pletcher>Keener)I'd call 141 a Toss with Cortez/Lee vs Hayes

I see Keener's name being used as though he is on the team and has a 6th year to wrestle.

Has any of this been confirmed?

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU

125 - NaTo
133 - Pletcher
141 - Ke-Shawn
149 - Micah
165 - Campbell
174 - BoJo
184 - MyMar
197 - Kollin Moore
285 - The Champ

I think that's the lineup most Buckeye fans want.

157 will most likely be a battle between Ryan, Burcher and Dayton Racer the new transfer.

I think that's the lineup most Buckeye fans want.

157 will most likely be a battle between Ryan, Burcher and Dayton Racer the new transfer.
The Bucks have been the biggest threat to PSU in each of the past two years. Clearly. That will be no different in 2018, when they will be all in before graduating their hammers in NaTo, Snyder, and BJordan. It is a star studded team. Not that they won't be formidable in '19+ with MyMar, Hayes, Fletcher, Martin, etc.,. But the hammers are all seniors.

But let's not dismiss our best options either. We have 5 returning champs, plus real hope at 125 (obviously), 197 (hopefully), and 285 (where some seniors move on). The real mystery is again 133/141. And we have to throw in our 11th guy, Mr Bonus Point. He is real for this team.

I hope the dual in Happy Valley turns out to be a classic.

Reactions: dicemen99
I will contribute a Buckeye/fan, Spyker like addition to this board via a bold prediction. Newly hired coach Anthony Ralph ( who just came to OSU from Notre Dame College) pull the necessary strings needed in making the highly anticipated arrival of Isaiah White come to fruition in time for next season. (A scenario admittably dwindling by the day in happening).

Then with the abundance of depth OSU suddenly has with capable wrestlers in the 157/165 range, Tom Ryan jumbles his lineups all season to not require White to wrestle 157 all season, but to gear him up to qualify and wrestle the Big 10's and nationals at 157 to give OSU its most potent lineup maybe ever.

Between White, Teshan Campbell, Elijah Cleary, Cody Burcher, and Jake Ryan, and possible even Kaleb Romero...OSU can still field a quality lineup at 157 if Ryan decides to alternate both Campbell and White at 165 to begin the year, which avoids making White make the cut to 157 the entire season.

Then come tourney time:

125: Nathan Tomasello R.S SR

133: Luke Pletcher SO

141: KeShawn Hayes RS SO ( could potentially get a 6th yr for missing last)

149: Micah Jordan RS JR

157: Isaiah White SO

165: Te'Shan Campbell JR

174: Bo Jordan RS SR

184: Myles Martin JR

197: Kollin Moore RS SO

HWY: Kyle Snyder SR

Even with this lineup, OSU is still chasing second which is absurd in its reality... Following next season, I foresee a pretty drastic reload year, both rewarding some fringe starters with a year of competing at the highest level, and giving guys like Myles Martin and Luke Pletcher the red shirts they both deserve. To the contrary, a guy like Micah Jordan will not be around to enjoy the reload or any national title run for his senior season.

Continuing with my Spyker like hypothetical of White landing at OSU, both he and Campbell have yet to take red shirts either, so we could see all of Pletcher, Myles, Campbell and a potential White redshirt all at once.

The scenario of Pletcher and Martin red shirting after the Big 3 graduate is very plausible, and for that reason alone I wish Jose Rodriguez would have stuck around as he would have plugged in nicely Pletcher's redshirt season.

When Martin red shirts, Ethan Smith can plug right in and the combination of Burcher, Ryan, Cleary and Romero will plug in nicely from 157-174. Then the following season when all hands are on deck OSU should be able to compete for a title once again ..

The unfortunate thing for tOSU is 141 and 165 are the two toughest weights in the nation next year. Not where you want your fringe AAs.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
BoPo scored more points than the Hodge winner at NCAAs!
But, I guess all of BoPo cannot count as an additional wrestler, because we don't want to bother thinking about other teams' mini-BoPo additional wrestlers. Instead we have to count only that part of BoPo that exceeds another team's mini-BoPo. PSU scored 32.5 bonus points. What was the next highest team's bonus point total? The difference between the two is Bonus Points More For Us (BoPoMoFo), our actual additional wrestler.

Last edited:
But, I guess all of BoPo cannot count as an additional wrestler, because we don't want to bother thinking about other teams' mini-BoPo additional wrestlers. Instead we have to count only that part of BoPo that exceeds another team's mini-BoPo. PSU scored 32.5 bonus points. What was the next highest team's bonus point total? The difference between the two is Bonus Points More For Us (BoPoMoFo), our actual additional wrestler.
I believe;
Ohio State - 22.5
Cornell - 18
Iowa - 17.5

And, at 32.5 Bonus Points, it's like having 2 extra AA's.

I believe;
Ohio State - 22.5
Cornell - 18
Iowa - 17.5

And, at 32.5 Bonus Points, it's like having 2 extra AA's.
Thanks, Roar!

So, against Ohio State this year, it's as if we had an extra Nick Nevills. (Nick placed 5th, with no bonus points, and scored 10 team points.)

Against Iowa this year, it's as if we had an extra Nick Nevills (10 points) and an extra Jimmy Gulibon (4.5 points) plus change (0.5 points).

So in order to chase down the alpha male, O$U goes all in for 2018 while Iowa sits on the sidelines trying to figure it out. Then, in 2019, O$U tries to figure it out while Iowa goes all in. What about OkSU? Just the same old same old from them, I guess, which is qualify everybody and stumble at tourney time. Still they all come up short. Any hope of others entering the fray?

Reactions: Pennstate1985
It's interesting that NATO pushed out one teammate (Nick Roberts) when he broke into the lineup now he's possibly forcing another to transfer.

So in order to chase down the alpha male, O$U goes all in for 2018 while Iowa sits on the sidelines trying to figure it out. Then, in 2019, O$U tries to figure it out while Iowa goes all in. What about OkSU? Just the same old same old from them, I guess, which is qualify everybody and stumble at tourney time. Still they all come up short. Any hope of others entering the fray?
That about sums it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT