ADVERTISEMENT

tO$U getting slimmer.....

Well they are the front runners for next season.....

#thingsdreamedaboutinaruba

Reactions: jtothemfp
Can't say I'm surprised, he wants to be a starter and him being back at 125 was already doubtful before anything about NaTo back to 125 was said, on top of the fact Pletcher will be at 133 for the future

Reactions: Hotshoe
Ryan is going all-in just like 2 years ago when he pulled Snyder and MyMar's shirt. There's going to be a lot kids wrestling the scales all year, that doesn't always make for a fun room.

Reactions: diggerpup
Ryan is going all-in just like 2 years ago when he pulled Snyder and MyMar's shirt. There's going to be a lot kids wrestling the scales all year, that doesn't always make for a fun room.
When MyMar won, there were some post hoc rationalizations which argued that Ryan's plan worked, but his plan clearly was to win Nationals that year and it failed because of something most objective observers caught onto very quickly - Hunter Stieber had no working elbows.

We'll see how it goes with NATO but he is already on record saying that being at 125 two years ago made him dislike the sport and took all the joy out of it.

Even with a strong NATO at 125 they aren't beating a healthy Penn State lineup. We'll see separation on that long Friday of Nationals when weight cutting really hits hard.

NT did well wrestling at 125.6 at the US Open. I guess we'll see if he can handle the cut over a 15 week season.
I will take Nick all day...He is just as strong at Nato...Better match up than Nico if you watch the styles....

NT did well wrestling at 125.6 at the US Open. I guess we'll see if he can handle the cut over a 15 week season.

He did do well, and looked good doing it, but Its not the same as Div 1 grind of Nov to March.

I can't see NaTo making 125 from November until mid-March, without taking a hit on stamina or recovery or nagging injury.

It's just tough to picture.

Maybe Ryan will play his reindeer games with duals and only wrestle NaTo half the time, like he does with BoJo - try to keep them fresh and peaking in March.

#dualsmatter

Reactions: jtothemfp
Assume tOSU expected lineup in 41 thru 65 weight classes would be:
41 Hayes
49 M Jordan
57 Ryan
65 Campbell

Reactions: eet5017
I can't see NaTo making 125 from November until mid-March, without taking a hit on stamina or recovery or nagging injury.

Maybe Ryan will play his reindeer games with duals and only wrestle NaTo half the time, like he does with BoJo - try to keep them fresh and peaking in March.

#dualsmatter

+2 (spyker Jr agrees too)

#dualsmatter
I agree with that--in Tom Ryan's world wrestling duals is optional so maybe it's not really a question of making 125 from November until mid-March but rather just getting to 125 on a few key dates. On paper right now and barring injuries, NaTo going 125 is the only way Ryan can chase Penn State in March and so that's what he'll probably do.

157 will probably be like Iowa in 2011 at 133 with no clear front runner at the moment
I thought I read somewhere that Campbell is going down to 157.
Also, do we know for sure that Pletcher can get back down to 133? He didn't look like a small 141, although his build makes it a little tough to evaluate. I'm impressed by how some of the tOSU guys can go up a weight and look just as big at their new weight (NaTo and BoJo).

With Clark, Montoya, and Richards graduating, and Na To moving down, there's 4 AA spots up for grabs.

Too bad Cortez is moving to 41.

#dualsmatter
If the goal is to peak for a runner-up finish to a Penn Stater the BoJo plan should work just fine for Nato.

No matter what, if good health prevails Nato is not beating Nick.

NATO, during his 2nd year at 125, showed signs of gas tank issues, when he was pushed hard for 7 minutes. I would think that will only get worse, during this up and coming season.

Also, do we know for sure that Pletcher can get back down to 133? He didn't look like a small 141, although his build makes it a little tough to evaluate. I'm impressed by how some of the tOSU guys can go up a weight and look just as big at their new weight (NaTo and BoJo).

If Campbell goes 57, does Ryan possibly move up?

Everything I've heard and seen suggests Campbells a 165, he wrestled 174 his first year at Pitt and Pletchers uncle visited our board a few times and pretty much said Luke is a 133

Reactions: lionlover
We want you to be Ohio State's version of Spyker - the man "in the room" with the latest scoop.

Use of strategic all caps, while not de rigeur, would be appreciated
Haha I don't know if I could ever that over the top. Is his info actually credible btw?

Haha I don't know if I could ever that over the top. Is his info actually credible btw?
Best I can tell you is, all joking aside...be true to yourself...brings you out better in the end. I could answer the credible question, but it wouldn't change a thing.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
We want you to be Ohio State's version of Spyker - the man "in the room" with the latest scoop.

Use of strategic all caps, while not de rigeur, would be appreciated

We will all wet our pants laughing if you tell Bo Jordan to dump his wife for being a distraction.

The best plans of mice and men often go awry.

If everything goes perfectly for Ryan, OSU will make it close, but at what cost? One injury for them and they have no chance.

With Clark, Montoya, and Richards graduating, and Na To moving down, there's 4 AA spots up for grabs.

Too bad Cortez is moving to 41.
If we got Cory Keener last week he will feel in great at 133...He is very tough !!!! Hoping RBY skips his Sr. year and comes to PSU this summer with Joe Lee too....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT