ADVERTISEMENT

Time to play Allar here on out

Please point out where you have admitted you were wrong and did not try to rationalize it into actually being right.
I'm not going back through my 6000+ messages to find the few instances where I admitted I was wrong. It has happened.

I'm not wrong here. I know you hate that, but it is what it is.

I'm not going back through my 6000+ messages to find the few instances where I admitted I was wrong. It has happened.

Most people tend to remember things that rarely occur.

I can remember a couple where you were significantly wrong. You did not admit your error in those instances.

Most people tend to remember things that rarely occur.

I can remember a couple where you were significantly wrong. You did not admit your error in those instances.
Not if they are unimportant. I don't think I've ever been wrong about anything substantive on these boards.

Feel free to link them if you like. If I was actually wrong, I will admit it.

Not if they are unimportant. I don't think I've ever been wrong about anything substantive on these boards.

And therein lies your problem. You don't think you've ever been wrong.

Is this an act or are you actually like this?

You said Allar was sacked multiple times, clearly having no idea that a flag was thrown on one of them and it didn’t actually count. I’m surprised you didn’t see the flag from your seats, Mr. Clifford, as you've repeatedly stated you were at the game like that means something

You said Allar was sacked multiple times, clearly having no idea that a flag was thrown on one of them and it didn’t actually count. I’m surprised you didn’t see the flag from your seats, Mr. Clifford, as you've repeatedly stated you were at the game like that means something

He/she thinks “I’m the smartest person on the board” without knowing the attributes of anyone but him/her self.

You are currently being defensive on two threads -- this one and the one you started about your gameday experience.

Frequent posters recognize those who MUST have the last word.

Reactions: Parkerdam555
And therein lies your problem. You don't think you've ever been wrong.
Incorrect. I've already said I've been wrong (everyone has). The fact that you think I can recall some trivial thing I was wrong about from 15 years ago is whacky.

You are currently being defensive on two threads -- this one and the one you started about your gameday experience.

Frequent posters recognize those who MUST have the last word.
CRM and I have a beef from another thread. So I will never let him have the last word.

Definitely isn't an act.

I saw Allar get sacked twice. He was, in fact, sacked twice. One did not count due to penalty.

I'm not sure why you think it is hard to believe that at the very end of a game, while standing in a sardine box that is Michigan Stadium being wildly hungover that I forgot there was a flag on one of those. When you go to a football game do you chart every play like those nerds who keep score at baseball games? I do not. And as I said, I have not had time to watch the TV broadcast of the game (probably tomorrow while working out).

I just reviewed Cliff's stats and they aren't great. Middle of the pack passer. His split stats are worse, he's barely a 50% passer in the 2nd half of games. I also degrade his stats a little bit because this is his 4th year starting, 4th, he should be extra efficient by now.
The problem with this, and what many on this board don't understand, is that doesn't mean he shouldn't be starting. It doesn't mean he doesn't give the team the best chance to win their next game.
Therein lies the problem for so many.
Cliff Full Split Stats
Wrong. Allar, according to 247, is a 5 star qb, by FAR the top prospect in his class and number 3 overall recruit.

Allar is already a far superior qb to Cliff.

Wrong. Allar, according to 247, is a 5 star qb, by FAR the top prospect in his class and number 3 overall recruit.

Stars are nice, but performance on the field is what matters. Allar is NOT a more accomplished QB than Clifford at this point.

No doubt you were clamoring for Morelli to be the man, and for Bolden over McGloin. And you probably maintain that Hackenberg was great even after having 3 years of evidence to the contrary.

Star rankings mean dick.

Allar is a much better quarterback. Period.
While I believe he eventually will be, performance is far more important than the number of stars beside your name. Remember Anthony 5* Morelli and Christian 5* Hackenberg? Would you start either one of those over Trace 3* McSorly?

Reactions: NoBareFeet
While I believe he eventually will be, performance is far more important than the number of stars beside your name. Remember Anthony 5* Morelli and Christian 5* Hackenberg? Would you start either one of those over Trace 3* McSorly?
Wrong comparison. Neither Hackenberg nor Morelli played top notch competition in passing offenses in high school. Allar did.

No doubt you were clamoring for Morelli to be the man, and for Bolden over McGloin. And you probably maintain that Hackenberg was great even after having 3 years of evidence to the contrary.

Star rankings mean dick.
I'll be saving this Moron quote for next year, clown.

The amount of people on here who still want Clifford at QB is insane. I really don't understand it. They think 6 years in Cliff is going ti be good all of a sudden?
I've watched Clifford and Allar a few times this year and - for now - think Clifford is your only choice against teams with powerful DLs and a strong pass rush. I do think Allar has better QB skills (arm, somewhat accuracy) but he's a total statue back there.

This has really more to do with the weak PSU OL than the QB comparison. PSU's one really bright offensive play was that long run by Clifford. With a good PSU OL, Allar could shine down the road but that's just not the case right now

I've watched Clifford and Allar a few times this year and - for now - think Clifford is your only choice against teams with powerful DLs and a strong pass rush. I do think Allar has better QB skills (arm, somewhat accuracy) but he's a total statue back there.

This has really more to do with the weak PSU OL than the QB comparison. PSU's one really bright offensive play was that long run by Clifford. With a good PSU OL, Allar could shine down the road but that's just not the case right now
He's not a statue. It takes 2 or 3 hits to bring him down.

What you are saying makes sense, but the offense will have to be contoured to fit Allar once he takes over or he's going to meet a similar fate.

Regardless, Allar has shown better throwing mechanics and better vision in limited snaps (think the dropped pass to Singleton; when is the last time you saw Clifford find a guy that open?). Judging him off a defense dropping 7 and rushing 4 in a 24 pt game and pretending that 5/10 is bad stats is goofy.

What you are saying makes sense, but the offense will have to be contoured to fit Allar once he takes over or he's going to meet a similar fate.

Regardless, Allar has shown better throwing mechanics and better vision in limited snaps (think the dropped pass to Singleton; when is the last time you saw Clifford find a guy that open?). Judging him off a defense dropping 7 and rushing 4 in a 24 pt game and pretending that 5/10 is bad stats is goofy.
Good post.

Should have been 6-10 for about double the yards.

One play in particular really frustrated me with Clifford: it’s 3rd and 9 and UM clearly jumps offside. Every QB knows to throw it past the sticks in that situation, maybe even take a shot deep. Our 6th year QB instead throws a 1 yard out. On the proceeding 3rd and 4 he is forced to throw it away. Just a total waste of a free play which cannot happen with a QB this experienced.
That's all you got?

Michigan had zero fear of Clifford throwing the ball. Zero.
I agree with that but it's not because of Clifford. It's because of our WR's and their lack of ability to get separation. That's why UM could man up all day with no fear.

There's literally no way you've ever admitted you're wrong
Even though I agree with you about Clifford (for the most part) you've been wrong countless times and not once have you owned it

Reactions: KCLion
Incorrect. I've already said I've been wrong (everyone has). The fact that you think I can recall some trivial thing I was wrong about from 15 years ago is whacky.
Recall something you've been wrong about this season or in the past week
Literally everyone is wrong all the time--that's life
Why do you have to think back to 15 years ago?

Yeah, it's a fact. And you are obviously already worried about next year when your wolverines have to come back to the Beav.
It's not--I hope for the same thing you hope for
Next week you'll probably say I'm an Ohio State fan
Our of all the teams you could claim I'm a fan of the least logical is Michigan

Agree. QBs need to be mobile, unless you have Tom Brady skills, and Allar is not.

No, I’m comparing him to SC.
Clifford didn't elude them either last week. Mobility only helps if you use it. These arguments for Clifford over Allar are simply exhausting. Good lord I honestly can't understand these loyalists. Most fan bases want to win while half of ours just wants what is Best for the seniors lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT