ADVERTISEMENT

Time to play Allar here on out

Clifford didn't elude them either last week. Mobility only helps if you use it. These arguments for Clifford over Allar are simply exhausting. Good lord I honestly can't understand these loyalists. Most fan bases want to win while half of ours just wants what is Best for the seniors lol.
That must be it. Its crazy. The seniors on here are happy bc they already saw 2 National Championships. Never seen such a fanbase happy to go to a crap bowl game.

Clifford didn't elude them either last week. Mobility only helps if you use it. These arguments for Clifford over Allar are simply exhausting. Good lord I honestly can't understand these loyalists. Most fan bases want to win while half of ours just wants what is Best for the seniors lol.
You're misdiagnosing the root cause.

Half the fanbase will do anything to defend CJF.

And so if CJF starts to play Allar, you'll see the same people praising Clifford then say, "Well, it's obviously time to make the move. Blah, blah, blah"

Clifford had the best two runs of the game for Penn State. He connected on one beautiful bomb and should have connected on another nice 4th and six out that hit the well covered receiver in his hands.

I can understand wanting Allar to start, but Clifford was Penn State's offensive MVP last week. Not Allar.

You're misdiagnosing the root cause.

Half the fanbase will do anything to defend CJF.

And so if CJF starts to play Allar, you'll see the same people praising Clifford then say, "Well, it's obviously time to make the move. Blah, blah, blah"
Yep exactly. Hilarious that they trust JF with starting QB decisions. And when he starts Roberson they say CV wasnt available lolol.

Yep exactly. Hilarious that they trust JF with starting QB decisions. And when he starts Roberson they say CV wasnt available lolol.

You don't think CV was in the doghouse for this?

Truth be told, Roberson having the day he had vs Iowa probably accelerated CV getting in the good graces.

And have you listened to Yurcich? He's all in on SC. He's said as much this week. You can be pissed and disagree, but let's ignore the QB coach?

While I believe he eventually will be, performance is far more important than the number of stars beside your name. Remember Anthony 5* Morelli and Christian 5* Hackenberg? Would you start either one of those over Trace 3* McSorly?
In an offense where the QB is expected to operate a real passing game, absolutely. That isn't even a question. People always fail to admit that Hack was the best pro-style QB in America at the end of his true freshmen year when he mastered a legit pro-style offense. That never happened before, and it hasn't happened since. While Morelli wasn't great, he was a lot better than people think he was. Context matters. Look at Trace without Godwin, Barkley, Gesicki and Hamilton. He was a very average run first dual threat.

Clifford had the best two runs of the game for Penn State. He connected on one beautiful bomb and should have connected on another nice 4th and six out that hit the well covered receiver in his hands.

I can understand wanting Allar to start, but Clifford was Penn State's offensive MVP last week. Not Allar.
Worry about Ohio St. You ain't beating them in Columbus.

Worry about Ohio St. You ain't beating them in Columbus.

Worry about the Gophers.

NextWearyIndochinahogdeer-max-1mb.gif

Most fans realize that the best QB isn’t always the backup, then there are those who always want the backup. You seem to be in the second camp. What happens if Allar plays poorly, will you be screaming for CV?

Most fans realize that the best QB isn’t always the backup, then there are those who always want the backup. You seem to be in the second camp. What happens if Allar plays poorly, will you be screaming for CV?
Nope. I'm ride or die with Allar on prep for next year. This team is going nowhere.

Nope. I'm ride or die with Allar on prep for next year. This team is going nowhere.
So I guess you’re in the boat that the Giants should trade Barkley right now because they’re going nowhere….I mean they lost a game, so might as well pack it in and call it a season.

So I guess you’re in the boat that the Giants should trade Barkley right now because they’re going nowhere….I mean they lost a game, so might as well pack it in and call it a season.
Barkley does not equate to Cliff. Try again.

But calling a season over when you’re 5-1 does.
There's a huge difference between a loss in college football and the NFL as you know
Sadly, some team in FBS are eliminated from the playoff before they even have a loss
You can go 8-8-1 in the NFL and make the playoff
It goes to the ridiculous nature of college football and just how many inferior opponents most teams play.
We have to win out and have some luck to make the playoff.

I'm accepting formal apologies from people who insulted me for saying Clifford should start over Allar tonight.

Sean threw for 300 yards and 4 TD in a dominating win over a strong league opponent.

Sean is the guy. Allar will be the guy next year.

even 6-0 should be unacceptable. your expectations are too low

with all the money franklin is making we should be at least 8 and -2
My bad. I always underestimate how bad (assumed) college graduates are at math.

College of Liberal Arts needs to require more STEM classes.

Or this board needs to install prerequisites for people to post 'hot takes'.

I'm accepting formal apologies from people who insulted me for saying Clifford should start over Allar tonight.

Sean threw for 300 yards and 4 TD in a dominating win over a strong league opponent.

Sean is the guy. Allar will be the guy next year.
I guess it's the Sean Clifford show. Didn't see that performance coming but I hope he can repeat it. Time to shock the world vs the Buckeyes. We need Chop back.

My bad. I always underestimate how bad (assumed) college graduates are at math.

College of Liberal Arts needs to require more STEM classes.

Or this board needs to install prerequisites for people to post 'hot takes'.
Absolutely. Earlier this week I had a supposed PhD try to convince me that the 29th position on a list was "Top 20". Then call me a "Dick" because I dared to point out the facts.

If you don't think 5-1 is an acceptable result at this point in the year, you are a moron.
Where did I say it wasn't acceptable? It wasn't the goal. The goal is to win every game. We've played one good team this year (potentially elite) and were embarrassed. We have redemption next week against Ohio State. A repeat of Michigan isn't acceptable. If we go 10-2 this year it's a solid, expected year. Anything less is unacceptable. Anything more shows we're moving in the right direction. 10-2 is just "okay" especially with the best win being Purdue or Minnesota.

If you don't think 5-1 is an acceptable result at this point in the year, you are a moron.

Calling this troll douche a moron is an insult to morons across the globe. His latest is that all teams in the b1g are garbage except for scUM and duhO$U..... this from the loudmouth a-hole troll who told us a few weeks ago that ASWP was a good team and could win the b1g West LMAO [insert eyeroll].

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Calling this troll douche a moron is an insult to morons across the globe. His latest is that all teams in the b1g are garbage except for scUM and duhO$U..... this from the loudmouth a-hole troll who told us a few weeks ago that ASWP was a good team and could win the b1g West LMAO [insert eyeroll].
Pitt could still win the Big Ten West this year--that's how bad it is.
And Pitt could have won last year--please deal with reality for the week that you're here before you hide next week

Where did I say it wasn't acceptable? It wasn't the goal. The goal is to win every game. We've played one good team this year (potentially elite) and were embarrassed. We have redemption next week against Ohio State. A repeat of Michigan isn't acceptable. If we go 10-2 this year it's a solid, expected year. Anything less is unacceptable. Anything more shows we're moving in the right direction. 10-2 is just "okay" especially with the best win being Purdue or Minnesota.
Ready to admit you massively over reacted to last Saturday yet? I'll wait....

Ready to admit you massively over reacted to last Saturday yet? I'll wait....
What reaction did I have last Saturday?
I said we got embarrassed which we did, I said Clifford should start which he did, I said we'd beat Minnesota easily which we did....are you confusing me and someone else. I literally didn't react at all to the loss. I knew it was coming. It just was worse than anyone could have reasonably expected. Now we have Ohio State and need to play better than we did against Michigan. I'm sorry I don't get excited over beating bad to mediocre teams like you do.
Tell me what you think I said was an overreaction and if I did say it and it was I'd happily own it.

Reactions: crm114psu
What reaction did I have last Saturday?
I said we got embarrassed which we did, I said Clifford should start which he did, I said we'd beat Minnesota easily which we did....are you confusing me and someone else. I literally didn't react at all to the loss. I knew it was coming. It just was worse than anyone could have reasonably expected. Now we have Ohio State and need to play better than we did against Michigan. I'm sorry I don't get excited over beating bad to mediocre teams like you do.
Tell me what you think I said was an overreaction and if I did say it and it was I'd happily own it.
Wasn't directly specifically at you -- just at the negativity in general.

You replied directly to him, don't try to say it wasn't specifically at him. Once again, you were wrong.
You are ridiculous dude. I responded to the thread. I did not feel like scrolling all the way up to the top of the page to do a "general reply" instead of replying to a specific post.

Your obsession with proving that I'm wrong is becoming unhealthy. I suggest you get a hobby. I hear pickleball is big among armchair QBs like yourself. LOL.

Wasn't directly specifically at you -- just at the negativity in general.
You replied to me and I legitimately said nothing negative about the game last week regarding any impact moving forward. If it wasn't directed at me that's fine. We agree I have nothing to "admit" since I didn't overreact, correct?

Reactions: crm114psu
Absolutely. Earlier this week I had a supposed PhD try to convince me that the 29th position on a list was "Top 20". Then call me a "Dick" because I dared to point out the facts.
LOL @ "supposed PhD". Let's not go down that futile path again, you Whack a Nole wanna be.

This is what is so sad about your quest to prove me wrong -- you nit pick tiny details (he is top 20th percentile, as I explained) to show that I am wrong, but either data point supports my overall thesis (Franklin is a good coach)

So 20 vs 29 (if you insist on using the raw data) doesn't change that conclusion: Franklin is a good coach and there is no quantitative data to show otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT