ADVERTISEMENT

Tickets for Detroit.

I was able to get 2 tickets through another school, but it’s looking more and more likely I won’t be able to make the trip. I don’t officially have them in my account yet, but will likely be posting them here to sell

Reactions: hlstone
I'm not a fan that they moved the goal posts to NLC points. I know it funds all programs but it leaves some true fans in the dust.

I do recognize that some NLC members and wrestling fans are shut out of Rec Hall as they didn't buy Wrestling season tickets in Cael's first two years.

But, as a small donor to the NLC (Lamb) and the team through the NLC to the Wrestling team, there is no way I could get tickets and sit with the PSU crowd based on my points.

And yes I have calculated how much money I would need to donate to the NLC to qualify for National Tickets. There are just not enough banks in my area to rob to hit that number.

Plus my local county jail doesn't get ESPN to watch the finals.

I'm not a fan that they moved the goal posts to NLC points. I know it funds all programs but it leaves some true fans in the dust.

I do recognize that some NLC members and wrestling fans are shut out of Rec Hall as they didn't buy Wrestling season tickets in Cael's first two years.

But, as a small donor to the NLC (Lamb) and the team through the NLC to the Wrestling team, there is no way I could get tickets and sit with the PSU crowd based on my points.

And yes I have calculated how much money I would need to donate to the NLC to qualify for National Tickets. There are just not enough banks in my area to rob to hit that number.

So how do you know that your local county jail doesn't get ESPN? Asking for a friend. :cool:

FYI, I don't think they changed anything in the way they allocate NCAA tickets. They have always gone to season ticket holders first, but in NLC points order. It just didn't matter until Cleveland, because the demand wasn't high enough. Plus the NCAA cut back on the number of tickets allocated to PSU drastically.

I know 550 has made the cut

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Yo I might actually be looking for Friday night/Saturday tix.

I should’ve planned this earlier.

I should have my 2 all session tickets this week, according to the email I just received from the school. Just looking to get my money back on them, which is $300 each. Not sure of exact location. If interested, shoot me an email at derfmanrensew@gmail.com.

UPDATE: These are sold

Last edited:
Sorry if this was asked in another thread, but does anyone know what section(s) PSU got in Detroit? TIA

I should have my 2 all session tickets this week, according to the email I just received from the school. Just looking to get my money back on them, which is $300 each. Not sure of exact location. If interested, shoot me an email at

Last edited:
There must be some reason we are always in a corner. Lol. Although the 2 uppers are mid arena. :-/
The 200-level seating is the best Penn State has had since the NCAA move the Championships away from college campuses -- at least from the viewing direction. My experience with lower bowl is that most of the center seating are for host city, NCAA administrators, maybe even the NWCA :(

Reactions: hlstone
Does anyone have guesses for about what time the early sessions end each day? Obviously some flex but what is a reasonable best guess?

Does anyone have guesses for about what time the early sessions end each day? Obviously some flex but what is a reasonable best guess?
Session 1 on Thursday am = 10 Pigtails + 160 Prelims total
Assuming 8 mats (21 bouts/mat), that is approximately the length of 2 dual meets.
Start time 12 noon; end time ~3 pm

Session 3 on Friday am
= 160 bouts total, between quarterfinals and WB rounds 2 and 3
Assuming 8 mats (20 bouts/mat), that is approx. the length of 2 dual meets.
Start time 11 am; end time ~2 pm

Session 5 on Saturday am
= 50 bouts total, between WB semifinals and 3rd/5th/7th place bouts
Assuming 4 mats (12 bouts/mat), that is approx. 1 dual meet.
Start time 11 am; end time ~12:30 pm

Session 1 on Thursday am = 10 Pigtails + 160 Prelims total
Assuming 8 mats (21 bouts/mat), that is approximately the length of 2 dual meets.
Start time 12 noon; end time ~3 pm

Session 3 on Friday am
= 160 bouts total, between quarterfinals and WB rounds 2 and 3
Assuming 8 mats (20 bouts/mat), that is approx. the length of 2 dual meets.
Start time 11 am; end time ~2 pm

Session 5 on Saturday am
= 50 bouts total, between WB semifinals and 3rd/5th/7th place bouts
Assuming 4 mats (12 bouts/mat), that is approx. 1 dual meet.
Start time 11 am; end time ~12:30 pm

Because of TV timeouts the Friday and Saturday sessions will be longer, maybe Thursday too.

Wow, I have 2500 NLC points and I received my NCAA tickets today, sec 227, row 11. Literally one row from the top of the arena. Does this seem appropriate based on what some of you were assigned?

Wow, I have 2500 NLC points and I received my NCAA tickets today, sec 227, row 11. Literally one row from the top of the arena. Does this seem appropriate based on what some of you were assigned?
FYI ... LCA 200 level sections are very steep

I have similar NLC points and also got section 227 (3 seats in one row and 1 seat in another row). Section 227 is in the middle and will provide a good view of all mats and above average views of the semi’s and final. As you probably know, each University gets limited allocations 200-400). Depending on the host city location, the University has to balance out ticket requests from NLC members with special requests from administrators, faculty, and various state & local officials. We should probably be very grateful to get tickets at all. Also, it good to remember that you paid about 30% of what the tickets are worth on the open market.

Reactions: Doak
I have similar NLC points and also got section 227 (3 seats in one row and 1 seat in another row). Section 227 is in the middle and will provide a good view of all mats and above average views of the semi’s and final. As you probably know, each University gets limited allocations 200-400). Depending on the host city location, the University has to balance out ticket requests from NLC members with special requests from administrators, faculty, and various state & local officials. We should probably be very grateful to get tickets at all. Also, it good to remember that you paid about 30% of what the tickets are worth on the open market.
Has anyone heard anything about covid protocols. Masking etc.

Spoke with the NLC office this morning. Her explanation to me was simply that we did not get as many tickets as past years and it took almost 5,000 points to score lower level seats!! Most of the lower level seats went to the athletes, team administrators and their families (as they probably should). Added just fyi

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT