ADVERTISEMENT

This is for dip$hit - straight off Officiating site

Maybe, but it's funny how all the questionable calls were in favor of one team. But nothing to see here. Move along.
Because people always focus on the calls that went against the team that lost--especially when a team like Michigan wins.

There were obviously calls against both teams that weren't made.

• Haha
Reactions: GSPMax
I don't know, on one of the michigan TDs the tv replay showed Michigan's OT with a handful of the defender's jersey...pulling it away from the runner....the defender who might have been in position to make the tackle....
Right--and I said that was a hold (countless holds in the game on both sides weren't called) but that was in the run game--I don't believe we saw a hold the entire night on an OL on a run play--consistent.

• Haha
No idea what "officiating site" you're using or if it's even related to the play that you're questioning...but the play where Washington used the motion and threw it out in the flat to the receiver that was hit was a legal play. That clearly would have never been called "holding", since there was no holding. The only thing that could possibly be called would be a block below the waist, but since it was a guy lined up in the tackle box and was part of his initial rush, I wouldn't have called anything.

First of all, in my original post to dip$hit, I said the penalty was an Illegal Block (a cut block specifically - a Cut Block is initiating contact with the opponent for the purpose of impeding their progress) - "Cut Blocking" is illegal by any player (Offense or Defense) outside the "Blocking Area" except a RB held into block. Linemen (offensive or defensive) can "Cut Block" inside the "Blocking Area" (often called "the box") which extends 5 yards either side of the ball before snap laterally and 3 yards forward and backward of the LOS (BTW, the rule also states any lineman placing such a block, must be facing the player being blocked in a "forward orientation", which is defined as coming at the person being blocked's "10 O'Clock to 2 O'Clock" orientation [IOW from in front of the person being blocked]. You butchered this rule when you claimed that Jack Ham was incorrect when he said Abdul Carter was illegally blocked in Peach Bowl - block on Carter was clearly an illegal "Cut Block" as contact was initiated at 90 degrees to Carter's front side directly into Carter's right side specifically into his knee - clearly illegal). Now you're spouting complete bullshit that a DL can "Cut Block" with the specific intention of tackling an eligible receiver without the ball outside the "Blocking Area" because he was "originally lined up in The Box" - complete nonsense, what matters is where the block occurred, not where the lineman was originally lined up. Was clearly an Illegal Cut Block outside the blocking area (both laterally and vertically - the scUM DL was a DE bouncing outward and upward from a block being put on him by Washington's RT. And the contact was intentional with the purpose of bringing down an Eligible Receiver, [i.e., tackling] who clearly did not have the ball and was trying to run a lateral flanking pattern. Block was outside Blocking Area both laterally and vertically; and clearly an Illegal Block - your scUM horseshit not withstanding.).

First of all, in my original post to dip$hit, I said the penalty was an Illegal Block (a cut block specifically - a Cut Block is initiating contact with the opponent for the purpose of impeding their progress) - "Cut Blocking" is illegal by any player (Offense or Defense) outside the "Blocking Area" except a RB held into block. Linemen (offensive or defensive) can "Cut Block" inside the "Blocking Area" (often called "the box") which extends 5 yards either side of the ball before snap laterally and 3 yards forward and backward of the LOS (BTW, the rule also states any lineman placing such a block, must be facing the player being blocked in a "forward orientation", which is defined as coming at the person being blocked's "10 O'Clock to 2 O'Clock" orientation [IOW from in front of the person being blocked]. You butchered this rule when you claimed that Jack Ham was incorrect when he said Abdul Carter was illegally blocked in Peach Bowl - block on Carter was clearly an illegal "Cut Block" as contact was initiated at 90 degrees to Carter's front side directly into Carter's right side specifically into his knee - clearly illegal). Now you're spouting complete bullshit that a DL can "Cut Block" with the specific intention of tackling an eligible receiver without the ball outside the "Blocking Area" because he was "originally lined up in The Box" - complete nonsense, what matters is where the block occurred, not where the lineman was originally lined up. Was clearly an Illegal Cut Block outside the blocking area (both laterally and vertically - the scUM DL was a DE bouncing outward and upward from a block being put on him by Washington's RT. And the contact was intentional with the purpose of bringing down an Eligible Receiver, [i.e., tackling] who clearly did not have the ball and was trying to run a lateral flanking pattern. Block was outside Blocking Area both laterally and vertically; and clearly an Illegal Block - your scUM horseshit not withstanding.).
Bushy - let’s start with the Peach Bowl play for now… claiming that it was an illegal cut block shows you have no grasp of the rule…doesn’t matter if it was from the side or the front, 10 to 2, etc. It was an offensive lineman that blocked him. You’re citing rules that would apply to other players, but have no bearing on a block from an olineman within the box on the initial play.

Reactions: LandoComando
Bushy - let’s start with the Peach Bowl play for now… claiming that it was an illegal cut block shows you have no grasp of the rule…doesn’t matter if it was from the side or the front, 10 to 2, etc. It was an offensive lineman that blocked him. You’re citing rules that would apply to other players, but have no bearing on a block from an olineman within the box on the initial play.

Wasn't in "the box"... you keep saying it, but it doesn't make it so. Carter (a LB) was blitzing from left-side of PSU Defense (Right-side of 'Ole Miss line). Rushing toward "mesh-point" of QB in shotgun position and RB. 'Ole Miss OL had turned 180 degrees and took several steps and hit Carter directly on his RH Side at the knee. "Blocking Area" only goes 3 yards back from LOS (5 yards either side of ball pre-snap). Was not a legal hit as OL was not in blocking area.

If refs can't determine the outcome of a game, how do we explain Colorado's 5th down game against Missouri??

Wasn't in "the box"... you keep saying it, but it doesn't make it so. Carter (a LB) was blitzing from left-side of PSU Defense (Right-side of 'Ole Miss line). Rushing toward "mesh-point" of QB in shotgun position and RB. 'Ole Miss OL had turned 180 degrees and took several steps and hit Carter directly on his RH Side at the knee. "Blocking Area" only goes 3 yards back from LOS (5 yards either side of ball pre-snap). Was not a legal hit as OL was not in blocking area.
Explain how it possibly wasn’t “in the box”…Carter was literally right at the point the ball was snapped when he was blocked. He couldn’t have been more in the box. In what way was Carter out of the blocking area?

Explain how it possibly wasn’t “in the box”…Carter was literally right at the point the ball was snapped when he was blocked. He couldn’t have been more in the box. In what way was Carter out of the blocking area?

You're utterly wrong - he was blitzing from far left-side of PSU's formation - was hit at 90 degrees on right side of his body right at the outside of his knee by 'Ole Miss' RT tackle. Go rewatch the video brainiac - he was behind the LOS running directly toward "mesh point" of QB/RB. 'Ole Miss RT turned around 180 degrees and took several steps before hitting Carter at 90 degrees on his Right-Side.

You're utterly wrong - he was blitzing from far left-side of PSU's formation - was hit at 90 degrees on right side of his body right at the outside of his knee by 'Ole Miss' RT tackle. Go rewatch the video brainiac - he was behind the LOS running directly toward "mesh point" of QB/RB. 'Ole Miss RT turned around 180 degrees and took several steps before hitting Carter at 90 degrees on his Right-Side.
Ball was snapped on the right hash…Abdul is right at the hash, and right at the LOS “brainiac” (he blitzed right up the middle, and was blocked by the Left Guard sliding over)…I have watched the video, but tell me again how he was outside the box right here (that’s Carter getting hit right at the 44 yard line, on the right hash)…

Last edited:
If refs can't determine the outcome of a game, how do we explain Colorado's 5th down game against Missouri??
Did you read my post where I said that might be the one exception?
That said--Missouri could have stopped them, right?

Ball was snapped on the right hash…Abdul is right at the hash, and right at the LOS “brainiac” (he blitzed right up the middle, and was blocked by the Left Tackle sliding over)…I have watched the video, but tell me again how he was outside the box right here (that’s Carter getting hit right at the 44 yard line, on the right hash)…

He's just rambling nonsense as always because he's mad Michigan won and I'm right while he's wrong.

• Haha
Ball was snapped on the right hash…Abdul is right at the hash, and right at the LOS “brainiac” (he blitzed right up the middle, and was blocked by the Left Tackle sliding over)…I have watched the video, but tell me again how he was outside the box right here (that’s Carter getting hit right at the 44 yard line, on the right hash)…

Again, full of it.... not play in question (as anyone who saw live replays can attest - Carter was in space when hit on his right side at the knee at a 90 degree angle to the 'Ole Miss OL who took several steps before lunging directly into the right-side of Carter's right knee at a 90 degree angle. Carter was 0not in a scrum in the middle of the line). Just like your nonsense about the rule permitting a Defensive Lineman to throw a clear "Cut Block" outside the "Blocking Area" both vertically & laterally with the clear intention of tackling an eligible receiver without the ball well outside "the box" and running laterally toward wide-open space and the sideline simply because the DL lined up as a DE??? You're full of $hit - it is where the clear "Cut Block" took place, not where the defensive player originally lined up. It was beyond a clear ILLEGAL hit on the Washington eligible receiver and no flag was thrown - your scUM bullshit notwithstanding.

BTW, this is nestly as good as your absurd opinion that Avante's catch in 2005 was a "good catch" under the Rulebook. LMAO

Last edited:
Again, full of it.... not play in question (as anyone who saw live replays can attest - Carter was in space when hit on his right side at the knee at a 90 degree angle to the 'Ole Miss OL who took several steps before lunging directly into the right-side of Carter's right knee at a 90 degree angle. Carter was 0not in a scrum in the middle of the line).
Wait, so you’re claiming that the screen shot I posted wasn’t the play in question? I can tell you with 100% certainty that this was the play that he got hurt on…obviously your memory of it is off. Best to cut your losses at this point Bushy. I don’t make shit up or go off of my memory…I’ve actually posted the screen shot showing the play.

Reactions: Westcoast24
Wait, so you’re claiming that the screen shot I posted wasn’t the play in question? I can tell you with 100% certainty that this was the play that he got hurt on…obviously your memory of it is off. Best to cut your losses at this point Bushy. I don’t make shit up or go off of my memory…I’ve actually posted the screen shot showing the play.

You don't make shit up?? How did you come up with Avante's catch being a completion under the Rulebook back in 2005 then??? LMAO.

You don't make shit up? - how did you come up with the scUM DL tackling a flanking eligible receiver without the ball to prevent him from catching a swing pass where there were zero scUM defenders simply because he originally lined up at DE??? The rule makes no such exceptions and says a Cut Block made where it was made by the scUM Defender is patently ILLEGAL under NCAA Rules.... but you don't make shit up - LMAO.

It's not the play dipshit - anyone who saw the replays can attest. The 'Ole Miss OL did not come across Carter's waist in front of him as pictured here - he dove directly at and drove his shoulder pad into the side of Carter's right knee at a 90 degree angle to Carter.
I’ll make a deal then, before I post more videos and clips…if this wasn’t the play, I’ll make a $2000 donation to Dance Marathon. If it was the play, you’ll make a $20 donation. In the end, Thon wins out (well, at least for $20)…you in?

Reactions: AnotherNovaLion
No you are wrong because Lando says officiating NEVER effects the outcome of a game unless of course when it does - guy is a complete douche.

No you are wrong because Lando says officiating NEVER effects the outcome of a game unless of course when it does - guy is a complete douche.
Did Missouri have a chance to stop them on 5th down?
And I used that as the one example that you can make an argument for--then they made an argument for it thinking...who knows what.

• Haha
Did Missouri have a chance to stop them on 5th down?
And I used that as the one example that you can make an argument for--then they made an argument for it thinking...who knows what.
Some advice - once you are done digging yourself a hole you might want to avoid also throwing dirt on yourself when you are at the bottom of it.

Some advice - once you are done digging yourself a hole you might want to avoid also throwing dirt on yourself when you are at the bottom of it.
Comando Crittendon would be a more appropriate handle.

Substantive engagement with it, for the most part, is futile.

A couple quick points:
— Officiating is part of the game. A human (therefore non-perfect) part of the game. Any coach worth two cents instructs him team to adjust to the way the game is being called.
— It is only a penalty if an official calls it a penalty. No call means it either wasn’t seen or it wasn’t a violation in the opinion of the official working the game. No other view or opinion matters, especially those of the rule book readers with their fat asses on the couch. Just because Bushy thinks the other team holds against Penn State on every play of every games doesn’t make it so. His opinion is irrelevant.
— The game is officiated live. It is fast, it is active, and there can be a lot of activity within seconds by a lot of players in an area being watched by just one official. There are no slow motion or stop action replays. If the official didn’t see it for certain the instant it happened, he can’t take a guess and throw a flag.
— I see words like “cheating” or “corrupt” posted by our rule book experts here all the time. PROVE IT, or shut the hell up. How dare you question the integrity (without proof) of officials who have worked extremely hard to reach the level of major college football.
— If you don’t like what you see, buy a whistle, take the test and show us you can do better. Let me amend that: Take the test first. Many of you wouldn’t pass it and would have wasted your money on a whistle.
I’m so sick of people looking to blame someone else for their troubles. I’m no Michigan fan, but they kicked Washington’s butt Monday night. And the officials didn’t make that happen.

You think there's a hole but there's not. You're wrong here.
Did Missouri have a chance to stop them on 5th down? Yes or no?

• Haha
A couple quick points:
— Officiating is part of the game. A human (therefore non-perfect) part of the game. Any coach worth two cents instructs him team to adjust to the way the game is being called.
— It is only a penalty if an official calls it a penalty. No call means it either wasn’t seen or it wasn’t a violation in the opinion of the official working the game. No other view or opinion matters, especially those of the rule book readers with their fat asses on the couch. Just because Bushy thinks the other team holds against Penn State on every play of every games doesn’t make it so. His opinion is irrelevant.
— The game is officiated live. It is fast, it is active, and there can be a lot of activity within seconds by a lot of players in an area being watched by just one official. There are no slow motion or stop action replays. If the official didn’t see it for certain the instant it happened, he can’t take a guess and throw a flag.
— I see words like “cheating” or “corrupt” posted by our rule book experts here all the time. PROVE IT, or shut the hell up. How dare you question the integrity (without proof) of officials who have worked extremely hard to reach the level of major college football.
— If you don’t like what you see, buy a whistle, take the test and show us you can do better. Let me amend that: Take the test first. Many of you wouldn’t pass it and would have wasted your money on a whistle.
I’m so sick of people looking to blame someone else for their troubles. I’m no Michigan fan, but they kicked Washington’s butt Monday night. And the officials didn’t make that happen.
Finally--someone with common sense.

I’ll make a deal then, before I post more videos and clips…if this wasn’t the play, I’ll make a $2000 donation to Dance Marathon. If it was the play, you’ll make a $20 donation. In the end, Thon wins out (well, at least for $20)…you in?
Guess Bushie wasn't interested in making a donation to Thon...

It is kind of hilarious that he goes on and on about how dirty of a play it was, then when he sees an actual picture of it, he says "The 'Ole Miss OL did not come across Carter's waist in front of him as pictured here - he dove directly at and drove his shoulder pad into the side of Carter's right knee at a 90 degree angle to Carter.".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT