ADVERTISEMENT

This is among the reasons why my love for all things PSU is waning

Aside from that other drivel I wrote a few minutes ago, in this specific face mask regard, MMII is as wrong as can be, as we all know. :rolleyes:

Wait'll he gets a load of the chrome face masks that surely are a-comin'. :eek:

With names on the chrome face masks. :eek:

Reactions: Bob78
I am definitely faster. As a pitt fan, 48-14 hurts. So I will say in return that.... we had a slightly better basketball team than PSU for a couple years recently. Hail to Pitt!

Just jingle your keychain at us. ( :eek: ) Go ahead. You know you want to.

It is Monday, August 21, still no FB tickets. Called ticket office was told the printing/mailing contractor is controlling the printing mailing schedule! Excuse my French but WTF. Over 400 athletic department employees and Bud Meredith and staff did the tickets by hand.

My wife, my kids, my friends' wives/kids .... there's a nice bathroom in my narrow hallway with no line/no waiting, and no feces smeared all over - at least most of the time ;)... thus they need not stand in line with you in a field just for the priviledge to pee in a filthy plastic hut on a football Saturday

I can put everyone in my motorhome and all 18 of us come into the tailgate area in one vehicle... that's part of the fun... more fun that trying to get four cars close-together with a EZUp...

My motorhome is not unlike like a boat (except it doesn't roll down my driveway in into the woods)... sometimes we wonder why we bought it - it takes up three car-spots in my driveway seven months a year and requires maint/upkeep$, but sweet-redemption comes during tailgate time!
There are chiselers everywhere, all the time. It used to be that the shell game at the carnival, and the stuff sold at the beach or in a fb stadium, was the place where you saw the leering face of greed, and we were taught to stay away from the shell game guy and the 3 card Monte guy and eat a hearty lunch before the game. But now it's everywhere.

A friend takes a prescription drug you've seen advertised, called Humira. He can't avoid taking it. The retail cost is 4783.00 per month. He does not have to pay that, but that is the.price.

Everything is a shuck. People buy up drug manufacturers or become CEO, then jack up the prices.

Now part of this is old man grousing. I'll own it. But with many folks there seems to be no limit. I've bought tickets from scalpers for years, not so I can pay more but so I can pay LESS.

I'm guessing Mr.$3k has a firm buyer at 500, and is just trying to milk it. I guess I'm not surprised, since I came to PSU from the country, and the place always seemed like boardwalk prices. Cannot describe my happiness when I found the army navy store downtown.

Tough darts. Owning an RV is deciding to place yourself in shortage markets, just like buying a boat. That makes bargains hard to find. But if it's any consolation, it's not just PSU or just colleges. It's everywhere.

Reactions: massimoManca II
It is Monday, August 21, still no FB tickets. Called ticket office was told the printing/mailing contractor is controlling the printing mailing schedule! Excuse my French but WTF. Over 400 athletic department employees and Bud Meredith and staff did the tickets by hand.

Just an epic cluster by the athletic dept. The poor people on the phones (making $9 an hour, or work study pay) are taking the brunt of the anger, while the idiots who caused the problem (making a tidy salary) are just waiting for it to pass.

I'm guessing Mr.$3k has a firm buyer at 500, and is just trying to milk it.

Sometimes people just hope that someone with more money than brains will just blindly pull the trigger on their tickets or parking pass, even though they really want to use their ticket or parking pass. So they set the price so high that if it actually sells, they don't mind missing out on using it. (Plus they could probably buy another pass or ticket for the game and still make a huge profit.)

Just an epic cluster by the athletic dept. The poor people on the phones (making $9 an hour, or work study pay) are taking the brunt of the anger, while the idiots who caused the problem (making a tidy salary) are just waiting for it to pass.

hey, this consumer-be-damned model works real nice for the cable/satellite TV and airline industries... at least for the short-term...

hey, this consumer-be-damned model works real nice for the cable/satellite TV and airline industries... at least for the short-term...
Its not like if they do it badly, you'll switch to WVU, which sent it's tickets out~10 days ago. They got a monopoly. They can treat you any way they like.

I couldn't agree more with your sentiments. PSU is a wonderful school, State College is a wonderful town and we have wonderful fans but so are many other schools, towns and fans. PSU's self identified "uniqueness"/ self righteousness just rubs people the wrong way and contributed to the media obsession. We're not bad people, we just need to recognize that we are not so unique. Humility never hurts.
Well said Ned.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
I understand the concept of demand v. supply, but I really hope this entrepeneur - who has stones to list his Overnight RV passes for $3k each - finds himself with with an acute urinary tract infection...

https://pennstate.craigslist.org/tix/d/overnight-rv-for-pitt-and-mich/6268872818.html

Thankfully with my kids' HS football schedules neither of those contests were options for me... though with patience and persistence, I was able to find a Blue (preferred) RV parking for Rutgers for $150... but there are more than a couple Nittwits listing theirs for $4/$500 ...

Makes me not regret (so much) my son's recent decision to stiff-arm the prospect/reality of out-of-state PSU tuition and attend college elsewhere...

Can't deny the odor of "country club" at PSU was always there... but, to me, the stench is turning me off to what should otherwise be a great way to spend a fall afternoon with family and friends... this is the "culture problem" that has been turning me, an alumnus, off to things Penn State...
ZZzzzzzzzzzz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT