ADVERTISEMENT

Things will not change until Clifford

If the injury never happened he was good enough to get this team to 10-2 or 11-1.
Possibly. I think 10-2 but because of the D. We wasted one of the best PSU defenses we've had in quite some time in 2021. I say that to say that I believe SC is a B-grade QB. He is not going to be the guy that carries a team.

• Haha
Reactions: cheddarwurst69
Possibly. I think 10-2 but because of the D. We wasted one of the best PSU defenses we've had in quite some time in 2021. I say that to say that I believe SC is a B-grade QB. He is not going to be the guy that carries a team.
He did 11-2 in 2019 with a defense that paled in comparison to 2021. The Defense this season was even better than we give it credit for because they did it without the team having a solid running game on offense chewing up clock.

• Haha
Ha. With Clifford’s news, JB better start drinking, or find a new team. 🤣

I am happy to hear he is coming back.Sean is not the problem it’s our horrible offensive line play and putrid running game. He is better than anything we can get in the transfer portal and has always been a team first player. He will be a big help getting the incoming quarterbacks started

Clifford is as good as just about any QB in the country, put him in their shoes and the team does not suffer. He needs improved OL play, obviously, but the offensive coaching staff has got to get it together, the staff has not come close to meeting expectations, fans or their own, IMHO

Clifford is as good as just about any QB in the country, put him in their shoes and the team does not suffer. He needs improved OL play, obviously, but the offensive coaching staff has got to get it together, the staff has not come close to meeting expectations, fans or their own, IMHO

Clifford is as good as just about any QB in the country, - No way!!

A. 203/332 61.1% 2408 yds 13TD/9int 129 QB Rate​

B. 247/396 62.4% 2912 yds 20TD/6INT 137 QB Rate​

Which one is Clifford/Which is Pickett

Point taken but where was Clifford that night?

Did the Heisman Committee make a huge mistake by NOT inviting him??

Did Clifford maybe throw MORE TD passes than Dan Marino did in his career?

Get back to me and let me know where BOTH are selected in the NFL draft this year and next year!

I bet old Cliff finished 5th in the voting huh? My bad!!

Reactions: tlbakernc
Thank You. I hope these new recruits can beat him out. I don't dislike the young man at all. He really tries, but he can't feel the pressure, he can't see the field. Sean is a student of the game and puts forth great effort buck lacks some natural abilities. You can't learn this,you got it or you don't. Sean will certainly have a decided advantage when it comes to the playbook and it will take sometime for the new guys to catch up. I hope they have this capability.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Point taken but where was Clifford that night?
Clifford's career, year by year has been better than Pickett's, that is Soph-Soph, Jr-Jr, etc, , now Pickett had a monster SR+ year, I really think he has as much if not more talent than Pickett, if given the support Clifford can be better, your man Franklin is not doing the kid any favors, just my opinion. If Clifford were in Pickett's situation he would have very similar results.

Clifford's career, year by year has been better than Pickett's, that is Soph-Soph, Jr-Jr, etc, , now Pickett had a monster SR+ year, I really think he has as much if not more talent than Pickett, if given the support Clifford can be better, your man Franklin is not doing the kid any favors, just my opinion. If Clifford were in Pickett's situation he would have very similar results.

Disagree on that similar situation point sir.

Clifford has cycled through four offensive coordinators during his time at Penn State, as the Nittany Lions went from Joe Moorhead to Ricky Rahne to Kirk Ciarrocca to Mike Yurcich.

I for one am interested how Clifford will do with another year under MY. He improved this year. Some forget that Clifford first year as a starter, the team finished 11-2. I don't think you can rank the record solely by the QB. If Clifford doesn't get hurt this year, I think almost everyone would agree that PSU would have been 9-3 at worst this year.

Reactions: Parkview57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT