ADVERTISEMENT

Things will not change until Clifford

He has his issues..
But I think fans are unloading on him and the lawnboyz when the biggest issue for us and them all is the OL...The whole damn OL needs to join a boxing club, a karate club, a wrestling team and learn how to use their arms and hands in combat.
Maybe they should recruit a team of sumo wrestlers. Or they should send the current OL to Lorenzo for some instruction with Mr. Sanderson and crew. While they're at it, send those that can't wrap up and tackle there too.

I don't know, J. He still seemed like he was a little banged up and not completely healed. I have no idea how bad or what kind of injury he had. I know a healthy SC is pretty good, though.

Completed nearly 70% of his passes for over 300 yards and 3 TDs, no INTs against MSU...in a blizzard! Yeah, I think there are some other issues to focus on.

I do not drlnk

sad-wallace-wallace.gif

Reactions: cheddarwurst69
Did you watch the games?

Jahan Dotson was our MVP and it wasn't close.
Dotson was the best player on the team but was he the most valuable? Is the MVP the best player on the team or the player you can least afford to lose. I think the team drop off in performance without Clifford is much more than without Dotson. I think that is more of a product of the talent to back up Clifford then backing up Dotson.

Reactions: The Stan
He has his issues..
But I think fans are unloading on him and the lawnboyz when the biggest issue for us and them all is the OL...The whole damn OL needs to join a boxing club, a karate club, a wrestling team and learn how to use their arms and hands in combat.
I would be happy if they would just know their blocking assignments.

Reactions: The Stan
I did, and Sean Clifford is our MVP and it isn’t close.
Agree with this and it's not a slight at Dotson.

The QB is involved in every play on offense and we saw the disasters when Clifford was out. Dotson - while one of the very best in the country - does not have the effect on the PSU offense that the QB has - no WR does.

As for the fans wanting Clifford gone - why? The kid is rock solid and what's really comical are the many people on this site that are - for some reason - thinking that Allar will come in and light it up from the start and make people instantly forget Clifford. Let's just pump the brakes and see how all of this plays out as Allar is still playing against HS competition. As you may have figured out, I'm a big fan of Clifford

Dotson was the best player on the team but was he the most valuable? Is the MVP the best player on the team or the player you can least afford to lose. I think the team drop off in performance without Clifford is much more than without Dotson. I think that is more of a product of the talent to back up Clifford then backing up Dotson.
This 100% - spot on

Reactions: brupsu
My opinion is SC is a good but not great QB. the shoulder really set him back. And with no credible backup (apparently) he played but was very poor. It made him look even worse. He’sa gamer and a good soldier.

i hope he plays another year but don’t think he is ever going to be able to carry the team.

I think Clifford is better as a back-up QB rather than a starter. He makes far too many bad decisions in the system that PSU runs, like those completions for negative yards, taking sacks on critical 3rd down plays, etc. I have said this before....I think he tries too hard to be Trace McSorley.

Clifford improved by leaps and bounds this year until he was hurt. Made better decisions for sure. His accuracy wasn't always on but he kept his eyes downfield looking to throw while scrambling and looked pretty good

that injury did him dirty

Clifford improved by leaps and bounds this year until he was hurt. Made better decisions for sure. His accuracy wasn't always on but he kept his eyes downfield looking to throw while scrambling and looked pretty good

that injury did him dirty
Good but not great QB. Decent accuracy, made some bad decisions, but also able to use his legs as a weapon. If healthy, he’d have been at least 9-3, maybe better.

Also played for three OCs in three years, which isn’t conducive to success. Never bitched or sulked about it and was a gamer.

This 100% - spot on
Kinda. The talent managed to throw 4 TDs against Rutgers who was arguably better than Illinois. While the post’s idea is on point, it was the ability of the HC to get the talent ready to play…with 2 weeks notice. And then didn’t play anyone when the QB obviously couldn’t perform. The talent appears to have been there to avoid at least one if not 2 of the losses.

+1. The OL, RB's and even TE's were just a big disappointment this season.
Preseason, my prediction was 8-4. I thought we'd split Auburn and Wisky. Admittedly at 5-0 and up by two scores at Iowa, I would have wished to renegotiate. However, my prediction was based on the assessment of the roster.
Some positions and individuals out perform and some under perform.....that's football and many things in life.
To some sad sacks on the board......everything is "coaching."
Clifford certainly proved to be better than #88 among D1 QBs!

My opinion is SC is a good but not great QB. the shoulder really set him back. And with no credible backup (apparently) he played but was very poor. It made him look even worse. He’sa gamer and a good soldier.

i hope he plays another year but don’t think he is ever going to be able to carry the team.
If the injury never happened he was good enough to get this team to 10-2 or 11-1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT