ADVERTISEMENT

Theo Johnson punishment

What no one has brought up is that the team should and probably did have several meetings with the team to teach them how to deal with these things. Being football players puts a target on their backs wherever beer muscles grow.

They need to learn how deal with, to brush it off and/or walk away, Hell, we all need to learn that lesson.
I had a hilarious run in with some football players as an undergrad at PSU one Friday night (not during the season). Was walking with a buddy to meet up with a friend who lived in Nittany Apartments. 3 obviously linemen were walking the other way. I was a varsity athlete as well but my 6'3" 200 lbs buddy was not. When we get a few yards in front of the linemen, one of them breaks down in a 3 point stance (this guy obviously started drinking early).

My buddy jokingly says you cut left and I'll go right. Well, the lineman tackled my buddy and then just laid on top of him. So I go over and pat the guy on the back and say good tackle, you can get up. So he lunges at my legs. Being a former HS wrestler, I sprawl and cross face him free of my legs and throw a half in and quickly pin the guy. His buddies were laughing hysterically at him getting pinned by some kid who was probably over 100 lbs lighter than him.

- When you are told at the door by a privileged kid wearing $560 sunglasses that you are no longer invited, then you may have issue with it.- And punching someone in the face is not an appropriate response.

-If he and 20 of his buddies with friend muscles try to push you out the door, you may take exception.- And punching someone in the face is still not an appropriate response. If 20 guys are trying to push you out of their house you should probably just leave...
Or punch 20 male twats out. 😂

What I find humorous is the 40-50 year old men children say that 19 year old football players are role models ...
Doctors, lawyers, parents, bankers and politicians not so much. What a crock!

Or punch 20 male twats out. 😂

What I find humorous is the 40-50 year old men children say that 19 year old football players are role models ...
Doctors, lawyers, parents, bankers and politicians not so much. What a crock!
Do me a favor. Go talk to a dozen high school kids. And a dozen junior high school kids.

Ask them to name five doctors . Or five bankers. Or five lawyers. And watch them struggle.

Then ask them to name twenty football players and twenty basketball players and twenty hockey players. Most will do so with ease.

Last edited:
Reactions: blair10 and bdgan
Franklin is a no nonsense coach, and doesnt like bad publicity for his team. If he's consistent, we very likely won't see TJ against WVU. Lesson learned by TJ and move on with life.

It's a minor infraction, and a one game suspension is a minor punishment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT