ADVERTISEMENT

The Streak Ends - A fitting Salute

GogglesPaizano

Feb 6, 2018
I feel really good about the streak and the memories I will have forever enjoying those 4+ years.

I think it is only fitting to salute Zain, Jason and Bo who along with an army of other studs built one for the ages. The Streak started with them and fittingly ended without them. It is crazy to think 3 of the best ever, were on the same team for so long, spoiling us with not only the certainty they would win every time out, but with bonus most of the time.

My favorite of course was the Jasonless dual of the century with tOSU, a team that by all measures was also one of the best ever to take the mat ... If it were not for the Lions, who knows what that team could have done over 4 years as well.

From Kuhn's headlock on Nato setting the tone 30 seconds in, to Nick vs McKenna down to the wire, to Bo getting bonus with zero seconds to spare, to Cassar providing a glimpse of what was to come a year later taking down #1, to Nevills with the greatest loss of his career. That dual had everything.

This streak had everything. A huge shout out to Cael and the Lions with a thank you for the gift you gave us for so long. Now on to the next streak.

All: feel free to list some of your favorite moments.

That OSU match and the 1982 Nebraska football game were both at the pinnacle. My toes were on the end zone line behind Bowman for that catch. I wish my seats had been that good for the OSU match! I sat behind a Buckeye all night.

Reactions: Carl Spackler
That OSU match and the 1982 Nebraska football game were both at the pinnacle. My toes were on the end zone line behind Bowman for that catch. I wish my seats had been that good for the OSU match! I sat behind a Buckeye all night.
Agreed. The Nebraska game had a larger burst of emotion but the tension all match long we equal to the in game tension as well.
Two for the ages.

I feel really good about the streak and the memories I will have forever enjoying those 4+ years.

I think it is only fitting to salute Zain, Jason and Bo who along with an army of other studs built one for the ages. The Streak started with them and fittingly ended without them. It is crazy to think 3 of the best ever, were on the same team for so long, spoiling us with not only the certainty they would win every time out, but with bonus most of the time.

My favorite of course was the Jasonless dual of the century with tOSU, a team that by all measures was also one of the best ever to take the mat ... If it were not for the Lions, who knows what that team could have done over 4 years as well.

From Kuhn's headlock on Nato setting the tone 30 seconds in, to Nick vs McKenna down to the wire, to Bo getting bonus with zero seconds to spare, to Cassar providing a glimpse of what was to come a year later taking down #1, to Nevills with the greatest loss of his career. That dual had everything.

This streak had everything. A huge shout out to Cael and the Lions with a thank you for the gift you gave us for so long. Now on to the next streak.

All: feel free to list some of your favorite moments.
That dual will never be beat ever. There were too many things that came together for that w8n to happen. I will never forget that dual as long as I live. Legendary

Presented the Ridge Riley award to Cassar that night (OSU dual) so we (Mrs Hockey and I) were on the floor mat side as it ended. The energy in rec hall was absolutely palpable. That was one of the greatest sporting events I have attended. Nebraska right up there and when Bo took Myles to his back to win the NC that was also something I’ll never forget.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT