ADVERTISEMENT

The problem with Yurcich...

Psubiomed

Jul 25, 2021
Instead of basing an offense around what WE are doing, his offense is based on what the DEFENSE is doing.

4 minutes left in the game down 15 and he's running on 1st and 2nd down because of a run look...

Running on first down constantly

Again Allar confused because his coach can't make up his mind what plays to run

4th down and Allar and Cephus totally confused. Time out. Punt

And on and on

Instead of basing an offense around what WE are doing, his offense is based on what the DEFENSE is doing.

4 minutes left in the game down 15 and he's running on 1st and 2nd down because of a run look...

And on and on
Yurcich was a “great pickup” for psu…at the time. He did well at his previous jobs. What happened????

And on and on
It may be Yurcich but except for 2 years of Moorhead, the PSU offense has been weak the 10 years of Franklin--I think Franklin is the problem.

It may be Yurcich but except for 2 years of Moorhead, the PSU offense has been weak the 10 years of Franklin--I think Franklin is the problem.
Probably and on the reverse side is the USC defense with Lincoln Riley. The guy just doesn't have a clue about defense - at Oklahoma or USC - and just seems incapable of putting together a decent defensive staff.

I will give Franklin credit for putting together strong defenses though. Man, put a Lincoln Riley and James Franklin together and you'd have a possible NC team every other year

Reactions: Parkland Fan
Probably and on the reverse side is the USC defense with Lincoln Riley. The guy just doesn't have a clue about defense - at Oklahoma or USC - and just seems incapable of putting together a decent defensive staff.

I will give Franklin credit for putting together strong defenses though. Man, put a Lincoln Riley and James Franklin together and you'd have a possible NC team every other year
Lincoln Riley and Manny Diaz

The guy Yurcich replaced got shut out yesterday, so there's that.

is he F-ing sucks. Too GD cute for his own, and the team's, good. Example above of 1st and goal at the 3, chance to go up 7 zip and he calls for 2 passes. Have seen this too many times to count. Since PSU will never buy out JF he needs to fire MY's a$$.

is he F-ing sucks. Too GD cute for his own, and the team's, good. Example above of 1st and goal at the 3, chance to go up 7 zip and he calls for 2 passes. Have seen this too many times to count. Since PSU will never buy out JF he needs to fire MY's a$$.
And he relies on the fade too often in the endzone. It's a low percentage play. Sure, it has worked, but it more often fails.

In that same series he handed off to 13 to run parallel to the line of scrimmage.

And on and on
Agree. Run Singleton between the LG and LT for 5 yard gain on 1st down. Then run Singleton between the RG and RT on 2nd down for no gain. Now we have 3rd and 5 and no one can can decide what to run.

Man, are they frustrating to watch......

Reactions: aworsnup
I was calling plays before they happened yesterday ..... 1st down , run between the tackles . Second down , same same ........ Kaytron running like a beast ? Wath they are gonna take him out (yep) . Why did they have to get away from Katron?????? Well at least we will have our 2 running backs back next year, unless Katron is lured away by NIL $$$ and the promise to be used correctly .

And on and on
The biggest problem with Yurcich is he coached under James Franklin.

Franklin has had difficulty finding good OCs. Moorhead worked for a little while, but that was about it
Moorehead left to become a head coach. I’d also assume he realized there wasn’t anything JF could teach him about coaching that would make him better.

And he relies on the fade too often in the endzone. It's a low percentage play. Sure, it has worked, but it more often fails.
Yet Franklin never removes the fade despite a history of it failing no matter who was the OC. You need an Allen Robinson.

Hagans has done nothing to help the receivers high point a ball. They don’t block either. And they don’t get separation. So…..

Reactions: aworsnup
Yet Franklin never removes the fade despite a history of it failing no matter who was the OC. You need an Allen Robinson.

Hagans has done nothing to help the receivers high point a ball. They don’t block either. And they don’t get separation. So…..
Hate the fade. No matter what league.

Reactions: 81b&w
I only like it with a very tall wr or te. Otherwise it rarely works.
With smaller receivers, you have to back shoulder or under throw the pass (both QB and WR have to be on the same page) and look for a catch or a PI.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT