ADVERTISEMENT

The only good news: Dave Jones has retired.

I listened to a couple of his YouTube videos this year and the dude has been checked out a long time. Can’t think of player’s names, gives examples with incorrect facts, can’t remember what years notable plays happened.

I listened to a couple of his YouTube videos this year and the dude has been checked out a long time. Can’t think of player’s names, gives examples with incorrect facts, can’t remember what years notable plays happened.
he basically retired in place a long time ago. for example, for the last 10-15 years when he wrote one of his diatribes about the basketball program i could always predict what it would say before reading it. he basically never moved on from the late 1990s - early 2000s.

Their last video they just rode ole miss jock for 7 straight minutes. Disappointing.

Their last video they just rode ole miss jock for 7 straight minutes. Disappointing.
Were you expecting longer? These guys are total hacks but they know all their negative bullshit draws clicks and shares. Half the people in their coverage area hate Penn State. Crapping all over the program is good for business. Always was, even when you went down to the corner to buy the daily paper. Jones probably had the easiest job in the world. I'm stumped as to why he's retiring.

I don’t get the Jones hate. He’s an old-school journalist, he’s supposed to have critical takes. He’s also the last remaining writer that was there for the Paterno era and is always telling hilarious stories about Joe on his podcast. Far better than anyone else out there covering PSU right now.

I don’t get the Jones hate. He’s an old-school journalist, he’s supposed to have critical takes. He’s also the last remaining writer that was there for the Paterno era and is always telling hilarious stories about Joe on his podcast. Far better than anyone else out there covering PSU right now.

Great first post.

Fa-wart!!!!🦨

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Were you expecting longer? These guys are total hacks but they know all their negative bullshit draws clicks and shares. Half the people in their coverage area hate Penn State. Crapping all over the program is good for business. Always was, even when you went down to the corner to buy the daily paper. Jones probably had the easiest job in the world. I'm stumped as to why he's retiring.
He’ll make more money on social security.

Critical takes are one thing, constant negativity is another. I’ve lived in other states and I have never seen a beat writer that wasn’t positive about the local team, but they also added in some criticisms. It’s not their job to consistently downgrade the local program. People want inside information about the program, not a hater’s opinion. Too many posters on here mistake constant negativity with objectivity.

Jones was good on basketball until he moved to Philly about 10 years ago. Since then he's been reporting from his sofa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT