ADVERTISEMENT

The Masters

Nitt1300

Nov 2, 2008
It's coming up soon- who do you like?

I keep picking Rory, but I think maybe this tournament has gotten too far into his head.

Justin Thomas has been playing well. So has Bryson D (BAD). But I am not sure BAD's game is suited for Augusta. But I also won't underestimate him. Another is Rahm but he hasn't had his A game so far this year but is a great and complete player.

I'll be rooting for Lee Westwood (who has some good mo coming in but may not be able to handle the strain on Sunday) and Tony Finau whom I find to be a delightful and fun guy to watch.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Justin Thomas has been playing well. So has Bryson D (BAD). But I am not sure BAD's game is suited for Augusta. But I also won't underestimate him. Another is Rahm but he hasn't had his A game so far this year but is a great and complete player.

I'll be rooting for Lee Westwood (who has some good mo coming in but may not be able to handle the strain on Sunday) and Tony Finau whom I find to be a delightful and fun guy to watch.

Agreed JT has been playing well lately along with DJ and Bryson can bring any course to its knees... As we all know that its critical to have experience and know how to play your way around Augusta.... 1 other name I will throw out is Jordan Spieth as a dark horse. He has won here, knows this course very well, and his game looks like its finally starting to return to his former glory.

Agreed JT has been playing well lately along with DJ and Bryson can bring any course to its knees... As we all know that its critical to have experience and know how to play your way around Augusta.... 1 other name I will throw out is Jordan Spieth as a dark horse. He has won here, knows this course very well, and his game looks like its finally starting to return to his former glory.
you are right. In fact, I meant to say Jordan and said Justin. Justin, Jordan, Dustin...all sounds the same to me!

• Haha
Reactions: bwifan
Rahm is my pick with Bryson a close second. Berger and Hovland challenging along with Justin Thomas to round out my top 5. D, Reed and Spieth all in the top 10.

Francesco Molinari - Budweiser long shot
Jon Rahm - Makes the podium
Zach Johnson - You never know!

Last edited:
Rahm is my pick with Bryson a close second. Berger and Hovland challenging along with Justin Thomas to round out my top 5. D, Reed and Spieth all in the top 10.

I wouldn't put a dime on Rahm. He already said he's bailing if his wife goes into labor. Maybe Rahmbo should have been more careful with his planning 9 months ago.

the little head always is in charge of the big head

Can you imagine if Rahm has a 2 shot lead heading into Sunday and his wife goes into labor Saturday night? Similar to the Mickelson situation at Pinehurst in '99. Phil was one shot behind after 3 rounds, but never got the call. The golf gods just wanted to see another Mickelson heartbreak at a US Open.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
9 months ago Rahm probably had no idea that they would be playing golf at this time.

The only players who are in top form are Justin Thomas & DeChambeau. Every other top player is off their game. Rory is so fouled up it’s not funny.

So, these two and a couple of the young guys. Victor Hoviland would be an interesting wager.

9 months ago Rahm probably had no idea that they would be playing golf at this time.

The only players who are in top form are Justin Thomas & DeChambeau. Every other top player is off their game. Rory is so fouled up it’s not funny.

So, these two and a couple of the young guys. Victor Hoviland would be an interesting wager.
I think Lee Westwood is a contender, and he's been playing well. In addition, he's got the senior savvy and patience that Augusta demands. He may be too old for the grind and pressure, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him in one of the final pairings on Sunday.

i am a big DJ fan but he has cooled lately. I would love to see Westwood or Finau but my pick right now is Justin Thomas.
After Bryson D at the Open it is hard to say what course works and what ones don't. If he is putting well he could easily win.

Reactions: Obliviax and Nitwit
I think Lee Westwood is a contender, and he's been playing well. In addition, he's got the senior savvy and patience that Augusta demands. He may be too old for the grind and pressure, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him in one of the final pairings on Sunday.
Lee Westwood has 2 big problems to overcome ....

1. It’s a major
2 .he’s Lee Westwood

Reactions: psuro

Westwood is in great form right now. I could get behind a Westy run.....

I wouldn't put a dime on Rahm. He already said he's bailing if his wife goes into labor. Maybe Rahmbo should have been more careful with his planning 9 months ago.

Had he social distanced back then like we all were supposed to, it would not be a potential issue now.

Sergio is bearing Westwood today in the match play tournament and Westwood didn’t make the cut last week. His streak may be over but Sergio could win it again. He’s sneaky good and playing well right now. Also a long shot would be Im. He’s been pretty consistent this year and we don’t know much about him due to his Korean background.

Sergio is bearing Westwood today in the match play tournament and Westwood didn’t make the cut last week. His streak may be over but Sergio could win it again. He’s sneaky good and playing well right now. Also a long shot would be Im. He’s been pretty consistent this year and we don’t know much about him due to his Korean background.
he's a weird dude. He won in 2017 but at 41 only has 11 tour victories. (he does play a lot overseas). He always seems to find a way to have that one bad hole or round. But he has been playing well, for the most part, and I wouldn't count him out.

Wouldn't pick Rory. He's really fighting his swing and has enlisted a new teacher to help rebuild it. May have been best to do that in December rather than now.

Can't pick Brooks because he's not going to play. He had surgery for a dislocated kneecap and ligament damage. Be lucky if we see him for any major this year.

Rahm's got the baby thing so maybe the kid comes BEFORE the Masters (as in, next week).

Westwood's been cute and all but it's a major and his putter takes a vacation in those crucial spots.

JT, Spieth, DJ, Bryson, sure. Need someone with a short game and I wouldn't be shocked at all if Reed pulls the same short game antics he did in winning Farmers. Also keep Morikawa in mind because he's a great iron player and Augusta is such a 2nd-shot golf course.

Brooks is toast. He may not play at all but if he does, will not be 100% or have his A game

Wow. I had no idea that Brooks Koepka was dealing with that level of injury. Wishing him all the best.

I know it is highly unlikely, but I would love to see one of the "old farts" contend, a la Jack in 1986. If Lefty is in the field, I will be rooting for him to contend.

Reactions: Obliviax
Wouldn't pick Rory. He's really fighting his swing and has enlisted a new teacher to help rebuild it. May have been best to do that in December rather than now.

Can't pick Brooks because he's not going to play. He had surgery for a dislocated kneecap and ligament damage. Be lucky if we see him for any major this year.

Rahm's got the baby thing so maybe the kid comes BEFORE the Masters (as in, next week).

Westwood's been cute and all but it's a major and his putter takes a vacation in those crucial spots.

JT, Spieth, DJ, Bryson, sure. Need someone with a short game and I wouldn't be shocked at all if Reed pulls the same short game antics he did in winning Farmers. Also keep Morikawa in mind because he's a great iron player and Augusta is such a 2nd-shot golf course.

Pulling for Spieth, but if DJ is on his game, everyone else is playing for second.

My dark horse pick would have to be Cameron Smith.

Rahm's wife had a baby boy, so he should be ready to go. Place your bets!

Let's see if Spieth can win the Valero today. He will be a trendy pick next week.

I guess Koepka will give it a go, that's a brutal walk if coming off knee surgery. Maybe he should spend the week planning for his wedding.

Reactions: Meats Lab
Rahm's wife had a baby boy, so he should be ready to go. Place your bets!

Let's see if Spieth can win the Valero today. He will be a trendy pick next week.

I guess Koepka will give it a go, that's a brutal walk if coming off knee surgery. Maybe he should spend the week planning for his wedding.

I'm sure Koepka's wife-to-be is a very nice person, and she looks really good in certain pictures. But while most crazy women can hide their craziness pretty well in public, she actually looks a bit crazy to me. Not sure she will be the best thing for his golf career.

Jena Sims

I’ll go with Justin Thomas for the win, DeChambeau & Morikawa for place and show. Dark horse is Cantlay (sp?). Cantlay has been really solid the year.

Reactions: GregInPitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT