ADVERTISEMENT

The Duzz strikes gold again

I don't get it at all. There is no reason to take a commit from this player or the guy from New York in the first week of August. If you like him and think he might have potential you take him in February with your last scholly or as a PWO.

They had to have other higher level prospects on their board. They had to.

Which has to mean that their other targets won't even return their phone calls. That is the only possible explanation.

Duzz ain't pulling a fast one on Richt or Fuente or Doeren or Fedora. This is what you do when you believe your competitors are all stupid and you're the greatest scout of all time. He's basically giving the finger to his opponents, telling them, 'I'm so smart I can bring in a bunch of unranked recruits and beat you guys.'

Looks to me like Narduzzi is a lazy, unmotivated recruiter who can't relate with prospects or high school coaches. He has a product to sell - P5 conference, potential of early PT, excellent school in a tremendous city - and nobody is buying.

Oh, there are middle fingers being given. But I think they’re from the highly players towards the Duzz.

I don't get it at all. There is no reason to take a commit from this player or the guy from New York in the first week of August. If you like him and think he might have potential you take him in February with your last scholly or as a PWO.

They had to have other higher level prospects on their board. They had to.

Which has to mean that their other targets won't even return their phone calls. That is the only possible explanation.

Duzz ain't pulling a fast one on Richt or Fuente or Doeren or Fedora. This is what you do when you believe your competitors are all stupid and you're the greatest scout of all time. He's basically giving the finger to his opponents, telling them, 'I'm so smart I can bring in a bunch of unranked recruits and beat you guys.'

Looks to me like Narduzzi is a lazy, unmotivated recruiter who can't relate with prospects or high school coaches. He has a product to sell - P5 conference, potential of early PT, excellent school in a tremendous city - and nobody is buying.

I've "heard" that there is a very poor vibe in that Pitt locker room. The current players are not happy at all with the situation and that info comes across loud and clear to recruits. The good news is that Pitt just signed Duzz to a 7 year extension.

This year's recruiting class for Pitt is going to be historically bad. That is going to create a huge hole in their roster, and with the 25 player limit now it is damned impossible to fix that. You cannot overstate how a class full of 2 and low 3-star recruits will wound the Pitt program for a long time.
Actually, you can work around 1 bad class and this 1 won't make an impact for 3 or 4 years. It is amazing how early Narduzzi is settling for these lower rated guys.

Reactions: nittany dave
He's not enlightened, mauti. He doesn't appreciate all the hours you spend on the lair every day getting practice updates, recruiting news, etc. He doesn't know about all those meanies over on the lair saying mean things. You da man, mauti!

And he certainly doesn’t appreciate the time you spend clicking on pitt threads stalking and obsessing others. I’m sure you realize you have issues by now but have a difficult time battling them

And he certainly doesn’t appreciate the time you spend clicking on pitt threads stalking and obsessing others. I’m sure you realize you have issues by now but have a difficult time battling them

Ya'll spend a lot of time checking in on a supposedly irrelevant little brother school.

Put it this way, if Narduzzi’s defense isn’t good this year, it will never be good.

8/9 returning starters and players with some talent and experience at every position. If the defense doesn’t work this year, count me in the group that says Duzz won’t work here.

Sept 8 should be a good game. Pitt is a big dog, but at home and at night, and typically that’s a good omen for a close game. A lot of pressure is on Pickett to be good, but I’m skeptical if there’s enough around him right now for that to happen. We will see.

Lyke signed Narduzzi to an extension after the Miami game last year. What was she thinking?Duzz is already grown stale at Pitt. He's probably already taken Pitt as high as they'll go, 8 win's. For him to get Pitt back to 8 wins with the classes he assembled to me looks very unlikely.

Put it this way, if Narduzzi’s defense isn’t good this year, it will never be good.

8/9 returning starters and players with some talent and experience at every position. If the defense doesn’t work this year, count me in the group that says Duzz won’t work here.

Sept 8 should be a good game. Pitt is a big dog, but at home and at night, and typically that’s a good omen for a close game. A lot of pressure is on Pickett to be good, but I’m skeptical if there’s enough around him right now for that to happen. We will see.

If they can't protect Kenny Keychain, could get very ugly very quickly. In the spring game, the tackles were turnstiles. Their "big transfer" offensive tackle Stefano Millin didn't even make 3rd team All Mac. Shut down the run, blanket the meh wide receivers, then RUSH.THE.QUARTERBACK.

Ya'll spend a lot of time checking in on a supposedly irrelevant little brother school.

He probably lives close to Pittsburgh and has to deal with Pitt fans. That doesn't change the fact that they are irrelevant and their fans act like a little brother towards PSU. I do not live close to Pitt, and they are irrelevant to everyone I hang out with except when they play PSU.

Reactions: PSUoh90
If they can't protect Kenny Keychain, could get very ugly very quickly. In the spring game, the tackles were turnstiles. Their "big transfer" offensive tackle Stefano Millin didn't even make 3rd team All Mac. Shut down the run, blanket the meh wide receivers, then RUSH.THE.QUARTERBACK.

I’m not sure our line can get much worse than last year. It really is all up to Millin on whether it can be decent.

The guards are at least redshirt seniors so they are physically mature, the center is young but surprisingly solid. And Bookser is a good lineman.

How’s PSU’s D-like look?

I’m not sure our line can get much worse than last year. It really is all up to Millin on whether it can be decent.

The guards are at least redshirt seniors so they are physically mature, the center is young but surprisingly solid. And Bookser is a good lineman.

How’s PSU’s D-like look?

On paper your O line is worse this year. You lost a guy who was drafted in the second round of the NFL draft. You have nobody on that level to replace him.

Our interior D-line is full of young, inexperienced 4-star guys. Your O-line is full of old, inexperienced 2-star guys. It should be an interesting matchup.

This might be the deepest set of defensive ends we've ever had.

Buchholz, Miller, YGM, Simmons, Toney, Joseph.

Reactions: bmw199
Our interior D-line is full of young, inexperienced 4-star guys. Your O-line is full of old, inexperienced 2-star guys. It should be an interesting matchup.

I would say the DT depth has limited experience but the starters Windsor and Givens have played a lot of football due to how much Spencer rotates the DL

DE is loaded and will be a strength and a huge problem for Pitt

The Duzz just landed another hidden gem. He's unrated on both sites but will soon be gifted with the obligatory 2star. Beat out E. Kentucky and Robert Morris in a recruiting triumph. It keeps getting worse.

Seriously, how long until the Pitt fans run him out of town? Even the most delusional Pitt fans are losing their patience.
Pitt is great at developing healthcare professionals.
Pitt has great academic science, and human science programs.
Pitt has great medical research programs.
Pitt Athletics is great for providing an infinite number of out loud belly laughter moments.

Reactions: bison13
Pitt will play very inspired against PSU, no doubt. But I’m not sure why you’re convinced the D will automatically be better (I realize they’re returning most of their starters, but those starters weren’t very good). Their OL will most likely take a step back this year.
Shouldn’t we all expect the Lions to play inspired vs ASWP? The last time the Lions played in Pittsburgh, they gave up 42 points, and lost.

After Kenny Pickett takes them to the next 3 National Championships recruiting will pick up.

There are Pitt fans who literally are asking what he has to do to win the Heisman. There are Pitt fans who truly believe he's a realistic Heisman candidate right now.

SPOILER ALERT: Narduzzi is the most boring, least charismatic coach in CFB. You would fall asleep if you had to listen to him pitch you on playing for Alabama, let alone Pitt. Have you ever heard the man speak? Kids don't want to play for him.

Reactions: ELDADDY
Pitt is great at developing healthcare professionals.
Pitt has great academic science, and human science programs.
Pitt has great medical research programs.
Pitt Athletics is great for providing an infinite number of out loud belly laughter moments.
They do say laughter is the best medicine.

Reactions: nitlion6
This year's recruiting class for Pitt is going to be historically bad. That is going to create a huge hole in their roster, and with the 25 player limit now it is damned impossible to fix that. You cannot overstate how a class full of 2 and low 3-star recruits will wound the Pitt program for a long time.

Don't worry, you can just round up those to 3s and 4s. Last year Pitt signed a rounded up class of all 4-stars.

Yeah, and that "Pitt fan" belongs to this board.

I guess we can just add him to the list of "closet Nitters" from the Lair where anyone who is an idiot or says something negative about Pitt is really just a Nitters in disguise. The list has like 30 people on it.

With the HS season approaching (or starting in some places already) I would tell any OL that thinks they can play D1 football to send Duzz their tape.... You never know.

You don't THINK they can, but we didn't think our line could be so bad for so many years, either.

2 questions for pitt fans thinking it can’t be worse

1. Is Millin an improvement O’neil
2. Are Dintino and Herndon an improvement over Officer and Jones-Smith. If they are, why didn’t they see the field last yr as 4th yr jr’s

Eh, wouldn't sharpie it just yet. That's a heavy monkey on our back.
You can't win without beating UNC. I did not know they had so many guys suspended.

Duzz figures he beats UVA and Duke just by showing up, which is probably true. Any year he beats Va Tech puts Pitt in position for a one-game showdown against Miami.

But for that plan to work, Pitt MUST beat Carolina AND NC State.

Miami is always going to outrecruit the Coastal and now they have a real coach running things instead of his predecessor who was a dope. Pitt recruiting has been more or less even with Va Tech but ahead of the NC schools. But he's fallen off and I gotta think that means trouble ahead.

Yeah. We only played NC State last year because that was our cross-over game. It’s kind of stupid how it’s set up because you have one permanent cross-over game (Syracuse for us) and then you play only one other Atlantic school ever year. We’ve been in the ACC since 2013 and are playing Wake Forest for only the first time this year. That means the next time we’ll play NC State at home will be sometime around 2027.

B1G scheduling is hardly better. The last time PSU played Wiscy during the regular season was 2013. I'm not counting the B1G championship because that's not a scheduled game. We play them at home this year (2018) but don't play them again until 2021 when we travel to Wiscy. That doesn't make any sense to me. From 2013-2021 they will have been scheduled to play twice.

Yeah. We only played NC State last year because that was our cross-over game. It’s kind of stupid how it’s set up because you have one permanent cross-over game (Syracuse for us) and then you play only one other Atlantic school ever year. We’ve been in the ACC since 2013 and are playing Wake Forest for only the first time this year. That means the next time we’ll play NC State at home will be sometime around 2027.
Got it thanks. Just sub in GT for NCST in what I said before - Pitt has had trouble with the Wreck too. I remember one game you just gave it to them with a bunch of TO's.

Narduzzi barks about GT cut blocks, well, that's what triple-option teams do. I understand nobody likes it, but it's not illegal if the guy is not engaged with another offensive player. They are a unique challenge because except for them and Navy nobody else plays it - yet the rest of the division has it figured out pretty well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT