ADVERTISEMENT

The college football playoff is a total farce. F'n system encourages teams

Welp, we need to go off on a tear these last 4 games. I think we will and I think Barkley puts up huge #s during this stretch run.

8 teams is coming. When ND gets in and several conf teams get screwed it will happen

Reactions: Eph97
to run up the score with style points. They need to take 10 teams. Give the top two teams bye weeks and play the games at the home stadiums of the higher ranked team.

Don't disagree, but you take 14 teams if top 2 get byes (i.e., 6 winners from 1st round + 2 byes = 8 teams or the "quarterfinalists"). 12 teams with 4 teams getting byes from 1st round might make more sense (i.e., 4 winners from 8 teams playing 1st round games + 4 bye teams = 8 Quarterfinalists).

Never should have allowed ND to participate in the first place. Should have told them playoffs are for conference members, so join one or be left out.

Yes, very, very special. It must be those golden helmets. Did you know that there is a little bit of actual gold in that paint?

Don't disagree, but you take 14 teams if top 2 get byes (i.e., 6 winners from 1st round + 2 byes = 8 teams or the "quarterfinalists"). 12 teams with 4 teams getting byes from 1st round might make more sense (i.e., 4 winners from 8 teams playing 1st round games + 4 bye teams = 8 Quarterfinalists).

I'll disagree.
Too difficult to sell tickets to that many games.
Too difficult for fans to make travel plans and cover the expense of those trips.
You could end up with teams playing in front of Pitt-like crowds. (Well, maybe not that small.)

To me eight games would be fine. Five power five champs and three at large teams. The first round could be at the highest seed stadium. Any more than an eight team playoff begins to take away from the the intrigue of the the entire season as a body of work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT