ADVERTISEMENT

The bye week must be brutal for the team.

They better be practicing catching the ball, execution with confidence, endurance and run blocking if they intend to kick any ass after the off week.

I am sure Hamler will take care of sustaining the attitude of his teammates.

Last edited:
My bet is they are much more resilient than the fans. Players compete and move on to the next challenge. If they don't......they'll be history. Many of these players can look forward to another year or two of big college games and some are already planning for life in the NFL. Its just those of us who are has beens or never was beens that agonize over a loss.

I’m curious if Pry will have his defense practice against a real screen pass. It doesn’t appear that PSU has such a play in their offensive practice package, hence why the defense looked more lost than usual when an opponent successfully ran same.

OSU game is yesterday’s news.
Just guessing this week’s goals are getting healthy and, perhaps, polishing some fundamentals. Then back to work next week.
Can’t spend time worrying about a game that has already been played.

I’m curious if Pry will have his defense practice against a real screen pass. It doesn’t appear that PSU has such a play in their offensive practice package, hence why the defense looked more lost than usual when an opponent successfully ran same.

I would be more concerned that they ran it against the perfect defense called. If the tendencies are that obvious, that is worse.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I’m sure the team wants to kick ass right now.
I think the BYE is coming at the perfect time, If they are frustrated and pissed off, let's let that simmer over the next two weeks, as they get healthy and prepare for Sparty. Every season there seems to be 1 week where all hell breaks loose.

How about that being week 6.

Texas beats Oklahoma
ND loses at VTech (night)
LSU loses at Florida (night)
Auburn loses at Miss. State (night)

I think the BYE is coming at the perfect time, If they are frustrated and pissed off, let's let that simmer over the next two weeks, as they get healthy and prepare for Sparty. Every season there seems to be 1 week where all hell breaks loose.

How about that being week 6.

Texas beats Oklahoma
ND loses at VTech (night)
LSU loses at Florida (night)
Auburn loses at Miss. State (night)

I can see ALL of these happening. I'd settle for 2 outta 4.

My bet is they are much more resilient than the fans. Players compete and move on to the next challenge. If they don't......they'll be history. Many of these players can look forward to another year or two of big college games and some are already planning for life in the NFL. Its just those of us who are has beens or never was beens that agonize over a loss.

So you don't think players have let down games? How do you explain OSU losing to Iowa last year by 31 points?

I’m sure MSU isn’t going to forfeit, but if Trace and other team leaders use the tOSU loss to motivate them to improve, it could get ugly.

Reactions: bluewhiteApos
Hopefully they are working on open field tackling on defense and screen plays on offense.

I’m sure MSU isn’t going to forfeit, but if Trace and other team leaders use the tOSU loss to motivate them to improve, it could get ugly.

Well, with all due respect to Pitt’s Heisman Trophy candidate, I think MSU has the best QB that PSU is scheduled to play this year.

Hopefully we can play better than we did last year when he and his receivers made it look pretty easy against us.

While our guys might feel down about the final score, the fact is they were kicking one of the best team's in the country's ass for the majority of the game. They should feel pretty good about that and be ready to prove they're one of the best teams in the country the rest of the season. I'm hopeful Franklin said exactly what they needed to hear.

Bye! Bye! Bye!

Reactions: marshall23
So you don't think players have let down games? How do you explain OSU losing to Iowa last year by 31 points?
I think you have a reading comprehension problem. My post had nothing to do with "letdowns." If you think the team is sitting in their rooms crying over the OSU loss you'd be mistaken.

Reactions: m48tank

That’s not how it works. In season the defense doesn’t go against our offense, they face a foreign or scout team offense. The foreign team is manned by guys deep in the depth chart. The foreign teams are run by the GAs. The plays run by the foreign team are from the film study of our opponent. A script of plays is created by Brett that he wants run during each practice segment going against his script of defenses. That allows him to see various looks against his defenses, blitzes, coverages, fronts, etc. all of practice is filmed from two directions and watched by the coaches immediately after practice. Practice is also available to the players via XOS.

Reactions: marshall23
Too late for the team to kick ass. That should have happened last Saturday night. Now they have to pick up the pieces of a ruined season.

Reactions: odshowtime
That’s not how it works. In season the defense doesn’t go against our offense, they face a foreign or scout team offense. The foreign team is manned by guys deep in the depth chart. The foreign teams are run by the GAs. The plays run by the foreign team are from the film study of our opponent. A script of plays is created by Brett that he wants run during each practice segment going against his script of defenses. That allows him to see various looks against his defenses, blitzes, coverages, fronts, etc. all of practice is filmed from two directions and watched by the coaches immediately after practice. Practice is also available to the players via XOS.
Don't try to confuse Putzstoolboy with any facts! He has an agenda, "CJF is bad and will never be better"!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT