ADVERTISEMENT

The answer to all of PSUs football problems: Urban Meyer

I have no doubt that the OG BOT would pick Urby, given half a chance. He is just like them.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Are we talking about the Urban Meyer from Ohio State? The Pizza Guy? The one that dry humps Women he's not married to in Columbus??
You are hired to win. I don't give a $hit if the guy has a harem or 7 wives, it's about winning.

It SHOULD be about winning - but almost never is at Dear Ole State. Maybe that’s why we’ve only beaten O$U twice in the last 11 years. PSU operates under the 80s paradigm of college sports - HOW you play the game is far more important than winning the game. Now, if that were explicitly admitted, I’d be ok with it - winning is not as important as an anachronistic perspective of college football. Fine. But we’re constant bombarded with the bilge that PSU is “an elite program” and “unrivaled”, while getting our a$$ kicked on the field. The deliberate cognitive dissonance is infuriating.
A program that has won 4 conference titles in 29 seasons is exactly what it appears to be: mediocre. And the University is paying massive amounts of money for a head coach that exemplifies, rather than overcomes, that state of affairs.

And that is the problem.

It SHOULD be about winning - but almost never is at Dear Ole State. Maybe that’s why we’ve only beaten O$U twice in the last 11 years. PSU operates under the 80s paradigm of college sports - HOW you play the game is far more important than winning the game. Now, if that were explicitly admitted, I’d be ok with it - winning is not as important as an anachronistic perspective of college football. Fine. But we’re constant bombarded with the bilge that PSU is “an elite program” and “unrivaled”, while getting our a$$ kicked on the field. The deliberate cognitive dissonance is infuriating.
A program that has won 4 conference titles in 29 seasons is exactly what it appears to be: mediocre. And the University is paying massive amounts of money for a head coach that exemplifies, rather than overcomes, that state of affairs.

And that is the problem.
So what is the solution to this problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT