ADVERTISEMENT

The answer to all of PSUs football problems: Urban Meyer

Urban can get the Lions back to prominence. He runs a clean program based on class and decorum much like JoePA perfect for PSU.
I think we have a good coach. Lots of things to like about where we're headed despite today.

Urban's command-and-control style didn't work in the NFL and it may not even work in today's college game. The window for getting Urban to PSU passed in November of 2011.

Reactions: blair10
I think we have a good coach. Lots of things to like about where we're headed despite today.

Urban's command-and-control style didn't work in the NFL and it may not even work in today's college game. The window for getting Urban to PSU passed in November of 2011.
You do? What would lead you to believe that?

If he’s willing, we should give it a whirl…good enough for Joe…

Agree 100%. Don't see Urban being as effective in today's CF game like he used to be with the new transfer rules and the Portal. Just a different game today

Agree 100%. Don't see Urban being as effective in today's CF game like he used to be with the new transfer rules and the Portal. Just a different game today
If penn state reallly wants to be a championship program they give a blank check to Meyer.

• Haha
Reactions: PSUfiji

Style may not work in today's college game. Ha, ha.

Franklin could learn from Urbs in that Urbs hates to lose. Franklin seems a little too comfortable with losing.

Urban had a chance to coach here but didn’t have the guts, courage however you care to describe it to deal with the sanctions. You know what him.

Reactions: PSUfiji and gptakba
Style may not work in today's college game. Ha, ha.

Franklin could learn from Urbs in that Urbs hates to lose. Franklin seems a little too comfortable with losing.
Yeah Urbie “deals” with losing by bailing on his team, telling his bosses he wants to see some old friends and then goes to a bar to get a lap dance by some young chick. That’s your idea of taking losses hard and setting an example for the players?

Maryland would be a better fit. He would dominate the recruiting in the DMV and could pull some Florida kids too.

I guess we have a lot of honerable losses to look forward to in the future

Our coach stinks. What team are you watching? 11-11.

Our coach stinks. What team are you watching? 11-11.
I'm thinking of 42-11 from 2016-2019, plus excellent recruiting for 2022 and 2023 so far. Along with what he did at Vanderbilt before, which is unprecedented. Plus some nice additions out of the portal for 2021, showing that he's able to manage in today's environment.

If we go 7-6 or worse next year I'll probably be inclined to agree with your assessment.

Reactions: PSUfiji and psugo
I'm thinking of 42-11 from 2016-2019, plus excellent recruiting for 2022 and 2023 so far. Along with what he did at Vanderbilt before, which is unprecedented. Plus some nice additions out of the portal for 2021, showing that he's able to manage in today's environment.

If we go 7-6 or worse next year I'll probably be inclined to agree with your assessment.
Na. You won't. You'll invent another excuse.

• Haha
Yeah Urbie “deals” with losing by bailing on his team, telling his bosses he wants to see some old friends and then goes to a bar to get a lap dance by some young chick. That’s your idea of taking losses hard and setting an example for the players?
He has run one step ahead of law…but he has won and won big at each college stop.

plus excellent recruiting for 2022 and 2023

It's only taken how many years to get a recruiting class we can call excellent??? Even though I wouldn't necessarily call it excellent, I reserve that for a top 5 class and we will likely finish just inside of the top 10 for a change.

Urban can get the Lions back to prominence. He runs a clean program based on class and decorum much like JoePA perfect for PSU.
Urban has never run a clean prog r am.
He bails before the problems become to big.
Remember the tight end that no body recruited but urban.
Urban then "saved him" and he went off to the pros and then prison for murder.

Are we talking about the Urban Meyer from Ohio State? The Pizza Guy? The one that dry humps Women he's not married to in Columbus??

there is an article in the CLE paper where a kid dropped out of the tOSU program and tweeted that Meyer was the worst and ruined his career. Later, the kid said that Meyer used a photo of Trayvon Martin in a presentation given to player outlining dress codes for players (no hoodies). Meyer initially denied it telling the reporter to talk to the rest of the players. They did, and other players stated that Meyer did use those photographs. Meyer then said he didn't know it was Trayvon Martin. The Meyer legacy continues at tOSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT