ADVERTISEMENT

That was the worst Ohio State team in 10 years and

This is not a physical OSU team. It's talented, but not physical. I can't help but wonder if Clifford hadn't played last week if he would have been healthier. He is just not mobile right now.

But all we keep reading on here was how Day’s teams are more physical than Franklin’s, then when we match them in being physical it’s because OSU is not physical. It’s nice to be able to change things to match your argument.

Whoa, I'm the one who things this PSU team isn't very off from being really good, but they can't run the ball for crap. It is maddening.

It just seems like Charlie Brown and Lucy after awhile though….PSU gets its hopes up, and whoosh, OSU pulls away the ball. And that fat OSU fan with all the beaded necklaces, Big Nut, laughs his ass off enjoying another win

The past three weeks just underline for me the lack of joy in Penn State Football anymore. This staff. The players. The program. They just go through the motions out there. There’s no fire. No progress. Just the same mistakes and predictable results. But it’s pretty clear that Franklin is going nowhere. He and PSU are inextricably linked for now.

This is not a physical OSU team. It's talented, but not physical. I can't help but wonder if Clifford hadn't played last week if he would have been healthier. He is just not mobile right now.
I'm liking your post for the words, not just the redheaded angel.

Couldn't have said it better. Why not give PSU and Franklin credit for playing a heck of a game - especially the defense. You guys always seem to be a headache for OSU - every year and if you don't believe me, just ask Ryan Day.
Sorry....that privilege was lost when you lost to Illinois last week.

Reactions: Texas Lion
Yep. This season is now pointless. We aren't even a top 25 team now, and it's the 2nd year in a row.

I've totally lost interest in PSU sports right now. Basketball is a tiny bit interesting because this is the first real coach they have hired in 25 years, but his first season won't be that good. Tuning out until 2022
oh goody :rolleyes:

But all we keep reading on here was how Day’s teams are more physical than Franklin’s, then when we match them in being physical it’s because OSU is not physical. It’s nice to be able to change things to match your argument.
Hockey…at least Guy had the guts to put 409 on the helmets!

The past three weeks just underline for me the lack of joy in Penn State Football anymore. This staff. The players. The program. They just go through the motions out there. There’s no fire. No progress. Just the same mistakes and predictable results. But it’s pretty clear that Franklin is going nowhere. He and PSU are inextricably linked for now.
The Iowa game kind of derailed our season - we lost our best run stopper - an area where we aren't that deep, and we got our QB injured. As a result, Illinois was able to pound us on the ground and shut down our offense with no running threat from the QB. This team went from being a playoff contender to barely being ranked in two weeks. We could have gone two ways tonight - thrown in the towel or played to win. I thought it was a good effort overall. We gave Ohio State 10 cheap points off turnovers. Otherwise, we played them pretty even.

If Franklin continues to recruit well along with getting some good players out of the portal like he did this year I think we'll have our day against tOSU at some point in the next few years.

Ah, this post just isn't fair. No one could have watched the Iowa and Ohio State games and say this team didn't play with fire. In both games, they just couldn't make the play when they needed to. But the effort was there, for sure. Now Illinois? Who knows what that was?

Franklin still couldn't beat them!

Franklin is 1-7 against OSU! It'd be 0-8 if not for a fluke block FG for a TD!
What was Joe's record against Ohio State? Revisit 16 game our was ahead because of fluke plays..
As Bill Russell said that is why we play the game.
You want to look at 409?
How many are Temple Pitt Maryland. Syracuse.
Franklin came in with a limited team and limited recruiting opportunities. Who was going to sign with us.
Barkley Saunders were recruiting gems.
Is Franklin a perfect coach? NO
But then name me one

Reactions: Mickey Swartz
Maybe so but they are the second best team in the country! PSU is only an OL away from beating them. Margin is 6 pts. Ask Michigan for their record over the same period and margin!

Exactly.

The Illinois debacle was inexcusable at every level, but bashing Franklin for not beating a legit OSU team isn't quite fair.

I have as many wins as the rest of the Big Ten against Ryan Day. 0.

And for those complaining about this team mailing it in or whatnot.......couldn't disagree more. They played an inspired game, and represented themselves well. Had we beaten Iowa or even just Illinois, we're probably walking away from this loss with our heads held high. But a lot of people are allowing the bad taste from those losses to impact the way they're judging the team last night.

Nobody gave us a chance. Even our own sports writers were predicting blowouts. Give this team credit -- they brought it. Critical mistakes, yes. Poor OL play, yes. But the effort and intensity were there.

I guess we'll see where this team stands mentally next week in College Park. Beat Maryland and get Clifford to 100%, and I think we beat Michigan.

I guess on a positive note, a couple more loses and SC and LSU will probably move in another direction..

Gotta love how Bucknut fans think they play crappy against us every year when other than Michigan , they get up for our game more than any other opponent. So they just happen to play like sh!t every year on the weekend they play us….right.
That's BS. If you read their boards, many also give credit to PSU for just getting up for this game every year and just flat out bringing it. PSU is the one B1G team that has made OSU (and their fans) consistently "sweat bullets" for the last few years. Any Buckeye fan that says otherwise just doesn't follow and understand CF

Franklin still couldn't beat them!

Franklin is 1-7 against OSU! It'd be 0-8 if not for a fluke block FG for a TD!

Not sure if it is the worst team in 10 years ... but at the end of the game, Herbie, et al had them in the playoff. Are they one of the four best teams in college football now? The pregame spread was what -28.5? And we could have won that game if not for two huge turnovers and a couple other self inflicted wounds.

Reactions: JimNazium
Not sure if it is the worst team in 10 years ... but at the end of the game, Herbie, et al had them in the playoff. Are they one of the four best teams in college football now? The pregame spread was what -28.5? And we could have won that game if not for two huge turnovers and a couple other self inflicted wounds.
The game closed at -19. That’s a huge number, but nowhere close to 28.5.

so you credit tOSU when they get a scoop and score but not PSU when we catch a break- why don't you go root for the Suckeyes?

Our team shows a lot more character than some of our "fans"

Agree Nitt1300. Maybe the board transition will be a good thing for this fan group. We have too many people on this board that just want to dump on the team and the coaches at any chance they get.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT