ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you for the support

It is we who need to thank you, and the others. For those of us who voted, educating ourselves about the candidates, and issues, and then voting, was a fairly easy task. Those of you who were elected now have to devote your time and effort, in the face of considerable opposition, toward making Penn State the best University it can possibly be. Your task is daunting. If there is anything we can do to help, just ask.

A huge thank you to everyone who supported me and the rest of the PSAAforall slate. Now comes the part! Fight On!

I want to echo what fairgambit posted.

That said, I want to throw in a twist. IMHO, Toni deserves special recognition. Last year was the 1st year that many of us on this board took any notice of the Alumni Council elections. Deb Beidel and Toni were the 2 candidates that posted on this board, and detailed the many issues that were being faced on Alumni Council. Unfortunately, Deb was the only one of the aforementioned that was elected last year. Deb has done a great job of updating us over the past year, and for that she deserves a lot of credit for fighting a rather lonely battle. Toni took the remarkable step (to me) of running a 2nd time, and going a step further by being a member of the PSAAforALL slate. I'm so happy that she was elected this year, and have no doubt that she'll be a great help to Deb. My only request to you is that you continue to visit this board, and post about issues that alums should be aware of, as well as things that we can do to assist you.

[
I want to echo what fairgambit posted.

That said, I want to throw in twist. IMHO, Toni deserves special recognition. Last year was the 1st year that many of us on this board took any notice of the Alumni Council elections. Deb Beidel and Toni were the 2 candidates that posted on this board, and detailed the many issues that were being faced on Alumni Council. Unfortunately, Deb was the only one of the aforementioned that was elected last year. Deb has done a great job of updating us over the past year, and for that she deserves a lot credit of fighting a rather lonely battle. Toni took the remarkable step (to me) of running a 2nd time, and going a step further by being a member of the PSAAforALL slate. I'm so happy that she was elected this year, and have no doubt that she'll be a great help to Deb. My only request to you is that you continue to visit this board, and post about issues that alums should be aware of, as well as things that we can do to assist you.

Thank you so much, Tom. As I posted in another thread, I received almost 900 more votes this time around. I didn't campaign differently this year, therefore full credit goes to the PSAAforall team and to you for beating the drum here and getting out the vote. This board is an important resource and a way to keep up to speed on the attitudes and issues of concern to alums. I plan to lurk regularly and post often!

Reactions: fairgambit
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT