ADVERTISEMENT

Temple's head coach says he hopes Paterno is proud.

[QUOTE="marshall23, post:

Thanks for your response Marshall. I was always a big NFL fan with the NY Giants and then the NY Titans and believed College Ball was the minor league. I used to watch PSU just to hear Joe talk and how direct he talked. I moved to Dallas and initially was amazed with the love for Tom Landry. As I matured God, family, team made sense and how this meshed with Joe. Joe was the greatest for the student athlete in my lifetime. Watch the movie, Knute Rockne, and Pat O'Brien's speech could have been Joe's. For the past 12 years I have been a huge Joe Pa supporter to the extent that under my old handle many posters called me Sue.

Maybe you are right about other school's blogs, but Joe brought more than wins and it is a shame the average PSU student or alumnus did not process this. It is also a shame that there are only a handful of alumni who are courageous and are fighting for a new trial for Sandusky. In 40 years, one of the "victims" may confess the truth on his deathbed and I will bet these cowards if living will chirp that they always knew it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT