ADVERTISEMENT

Teasdale

Not sure if it was already covered in this thread somewhere, but this interview with Cael paints a little more uncertain picture re Teasdale in terms of pulling his shirt this weekend.

"Sanderson downplayed that series of events, citing the experience of Teasdale traveling with the team and that getting acclimated to being back on the team (after withdrawing from school in the fall because of health issues) and being around his teammates was the "main purpose," according to Sanderson.

Teasdale's immediate competitive future remains in limbo. "There are open tournaments pretty much every weekend moving forward. We're going to have dual meets every weekend as we start the Big Ten schedule. So, possibly soon but possibly not at all, so I know that's probably not the answer you want to hear," Sanderson said about the possibility of the true freshman and four-time PIAA champion stepping on the mat."

I will still keep my fingers crossed for Sunday.

Reactions: WeAreWrestling
Not sure if it was already covered in this thread somewhere, but this interview with Cael paints a little more uncertain picture re Teasdale in terms of pulling his shirt this weekend.

"Sanderson downplayed that series of events, citing the experience of Teasdale traveling with the team and that getting acclimated to being back on the team (after withdrawing from school in the fall because of health issues) and being around his teammates was the "main purpose," according to Sanderson.

Teasdale's immediate competitive future remains in limbo. "There are open tournaments pretty much every weekend moving forward. We're going to have dual meets every weekend as we start the Big Ten schedule. So, possibly soon but possibly not at all, so I know that's probably not the answer you want to hear," Sanderson said about the possibility of the true freshman and four-time PIAA champion stepping on the mat."

I will still keep my fingers crossed for Sunday.
"travelling with the team"! That quote is worth noting...for now...

Reactions: diggerpup
"travelling with the team"! That quote is worth noting...for now...
Think he said in his full comments (video here, if you can navigate lionvision) something to the effect of "Redshirts can travel with the team, even weigh in, provided they don't step on the mat." So yes, he's found another double-meaning turn of phrase to Tease us with. I think maybe Cael enjoys media interactions more than he lets on. :p

Think he said in his full comments (video here, if you can navigate lionvision) something to the effect of "Redshirts can travel with the team, even weigh in, provided they don't step on the mat." So yes, he's found another double-meaning turn of phrase to Tease us with. I think maybe Cael enjoys media interactions more than he lets on. :p

Exactly. My wife answers my questions very similar to Cael. Me- "How much did you spend at the store?" wife- "There were several good sales and I needed to get a birthday present for your mom." Me- "Ok" I always fear she will ask me if I have a plan.

Oddly enough I think the tOSU dual will be the driver for both teams, with each unwilling to ceede the 3+ points to the other. tOSU will pull Heinselman's shirt soon and in reply we should do the same. That dual may prove closer than most think.

Given that it seems clear Teske needs another year to grow into 125 and Teas probably won't be down at 125 again next year, there seems very little justification to shirt both this year.

I'm not a rumormonger but if Teas and Teske both shirt this year it might indicate bigger issues are in play. I think it gets pulled in the next three weeks.

Reactions: Ski
I keep hearing of this close dual with tosu but will it really be that close?

157,165,174,197, and 285 are big PSU favorites with bonus in at least three of those matches. 133 is a toss up. 141,149, and 184 are tOSU favorites but bonus in more than one of those matches would surprise me. This leaves 125 where either way the match probably won't be in jeopardy if you are PSU or within reach if you are tOSU. I think Bo will pin Moore! Moore shoots constantly and will take risks moving forward- not smart against old noodle arms.

and when we get to see the double rainbow in March we all go nuts!!!

Bi8O5BcCYAANrBM.jpg:large

Oddly enough I think the tOSU dual will be the driver for both teams, with each unwilling to ceede the 3+ points to the other. tOSU will pull Heinselman's shirt soon and in reply we should do the same. That dual may prove closer than most think.

Given that it seems clear Teske needs another year to grow into 125 and Teas probably won't be down at 125 again next year, there seems very little justification to shirt both this year.

I'm not a rumormonger but if Teas and Teske both shirt this year it might indicate bigger issues are in play. I think it gets pulled in the next three weeks.

Does Cael seem like the type to let 1 dual guide his decision making?

Cael is like our local weather man- "There is a chance of rain, but it could be sunny"

The only thing that I remember from my GenEd Meteorology course at Penn State, there is a difference between 'partially cloudy' and 'partially sunny.' Partially sunny is used during the daytime and partially cloudy is used during the night time, but they both describe the same amount of cloud cover.

Last edited:
The only thing that I remember from my GenEd Meteorology course at Penn State, there is a difference between 'partially cloudy' and 'partially sunny.' Partially cloudy is used during the daytime and partially cloudy is used during the night time, but they both describe the same amount of cloud cover. [huh?]
And if there’s ‘a chance of meatballs’, that means Vincenzo will defeat Marstellar at the Scuffle. ;)

Exactly. My wife answers my questions very similar to Cael. Me- "How much did you spend at the store?" wife- "There were several good sales and I needed to get a birthday present for your mom." Me- "Ok" I always fear she will ask me if I have a plan.
I quit asking questions like how much did you spend a long time ago.
In return over the years she has quit asking how much did that truck cost, or how much did that set of golf clubs cost, or how much is that wrestling or golf trip going to cost.

I quit asking questions like how much did you spend a long time ago.
In return over the years she has quit asking how much did that truck cost, or how much did that set of golf clubs cost, or how much is that wrestling or golf trip going to cost.
A recent conversation at my house.
“How much can a person possibly spend at TJ Maxx?”
“Didn’t you say earlier that ticket prices for nationals are going to be crazy expensive this year?”
“I don’t recall. Goodnight Dear”

Nolf interview. Said his favorite wrestler to go with is Jordan Conaway because of his pace, and Bo because he's a technician and knows the sport.

I didn't know Conaway was still around to be in the room. Happy to hear the light weights have him to roll with.

Anyone know of some other guys that graduated a few years ago still in the area and in the room?

I didn't know Conaway was still around to be in the room. Happy to hear the light weights have him to roll with.

Anyone know of some other guys that graduated a few years ago still in the area and in the room?
I believe Brown is still there with the Army. Pataky and McKnight used to be, but I don't think they're there any more. Megaludis was, but it was now with Pitt's RTC (I think because of proximity to his work).

I believe Brown is still there with the Army. Pataky and McKnight used to be, but I don't think they're there any more. Megaludis was, but it was now with Pitt's RTC (I think because of proximity to his work).
McKnight is still here.

Reactions: tomsc

Pataky is the head coach at PO HS, but I think he still lives in SC so is probably in the room on occasion.

Reactions: tomsc
I'll say no duals for Teasdale this weekend but hopefully an open.

I agee. One of the issues that he is probably dealing with is not having enough matches to be seeded for the postseason.

I'd say the chance he gets 17 matches is out of the question so if the plan is to wrestle him in March he needs 8 matches. Like Cael said, we will know for sure in April.

I'll say no duals for Teasdale this weekend but hopefully an open.

That would be great. Another indicator will be if he enters opens at 133 or 125. The FLO guys said he looked pretty drawn down at the Scuffle. If Cael is serious about him going 125 this year, presumably we'll see it at an open. If they pull the plug on this year there is no reason for him to remain at 125.

If he enters opens at 133 there is still a chance at 125 for duals, but if he enters at 125 that's a sign they are definitely committed to 125 this year.

That would be great. Another indicator will be if he enters opens at 133 or 125. The FLO guys said he looked pretty drawn down at the Scuffle. If Cael is serious about him going 125 this year, presumably we'll see it at an open. If they pull the plug on this year there is no reason for him to remain at 125.

If he enters opens at 133 there is still a chance at 125 for duals, but if he enters at 125 that's a sign they are definitely committed to 125 this year.

Do you think you might see this scenario play out: Gavin Redshirts this year. In 2019-2020, RBY redshirts. Teske at 125, GT at 133?

Reactions: tabenn

Do you think you might see this scenario play out: Gavin Redshirts this year. In 2019-2020, RBY redshirts. Teske at 125, GT at 133?

This had been discussed in earlier threads and the board consensus appeared to be RBY probably does not red shirt in 19-20 because of ASU match in AZ.

I'd say the chance he gets 17 matches is out of the question so if the plan is to wrestle him in March he needs 8 matches. Like Cael said, we will know for sure in April.
He doesn't need 8 matches. If he places within the number of slots allocated to the BIG as auto qualifiers in the BIG tourney, he goes to NCAAs. The 8 match limit is the minimum for how many he would need to potentially earn one of those slots for the conference (I think). I am very sure, though, that there is not a threshold of matches needed to make NCAAs.

No one ever accused Willie of looking “drawn down”.

He doesn't need 8 matches. If he places within the number of slots allocated to the BIG as auto qualifiers in the BIG tourney, he goes to NCAAs. The 8 match limit is the minimum for how many he would need to potentially earn one of those slots for the conference (I think). I am very sure, though, that there is not a threshold of matches needed to make NCAAs.

Wrestler could still be
eligible for an at-large
selection with less than
eight matches as long
as they have two of the
other bronze criteria.
The wrestler however,
will not have a
calculated winning
percentage for at-large
selection criteria.

I don't think he will have the other criteria he needs so i would hope for an at large bid. I'd feel better if he got eight matches in before Big Tens. This could all be a moot point if Cael isn't ready to send him out there this year.

Yup. He can come into the Conference 0-0 and as long as he places high enough (dependent on spots qualified) he is A-OK for a trip.to the Burgh

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT