ADVERTISEMENT

TAMU

Somebody refresh my memory. Didn’t Texas A&M bring in the highest ranked recruiting class of all time just two short years ago?
Ever been in a field full of pumpkins 🎃? They all look good, but some just aren’t tasty when you make a pie. Jumbo could pick em, after that he really didn’t know what to do with them.

Reactions: dswartz
They’re getting waxed by Oklahoma State. They’ve 20 some players not playing due to entering the portal. I wonder how of that class are in the portal two years later

Bowl games are terrible with transfers and opt outs. The A&M interim coach will be in Syracuse tomorrow coaching another school. Elko has a mess in College Station while Jimbo is on some Caribbean island partying with Eddie O…. CFB is phucked up and hard to follow. U r nuts if you give to a collective.

I believe he made the catch against Nebraska in 82.
I can’t believe you guys don’t remember him. His last second TD catch against Nebraska was a pivotal moment in PSU football. Oh yeah, his nickname was “stone hands.”

Reactions: GSPMax
I can’t believe you guys don’t remember him. His last second TD catch against Nebraska was a pivotal moment in PSU football. Oh yeah, his nickname was “stone hands.”
If you're talking about the out of bounds catch, that was a guy named Mike McClosky from Erie.

Somebody refresh my memory. Didn’t Texas A&M bring in the highest ranked recruiting class of all time just two short years ago?
I am reminded by the line "live by the sword, die by the sword." I am under the impression that TAMU kind of "bought" their players. They weren't there for the glory of "agriculture and mining" but because they were sold that it was a better path to short/long term revenue than TX, OK, or tOSU. After a bad year, they are tapping out. They are more "mercenary" in their mindset.

while this is certainly a play for PSU, I don't think it is as much. I get the feeling CJF leverages superstars like Parsons and Barkley but also talks about the virtues of PSU student/athlete experience. I get the feeling the kids are a little more patient to let their opportunity play out. All just a guess and in general, of course.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
If you're talking about the out of bounds catch, that was a guy named Mike McClosky from Erie.
McCloskey made the key 1st down catch right before Bowman’s catch. I am drawing a blank on the name of the Erie TE we had, but McCloskey was Philly.

I am reminded by the line "live by the sword, die by the sword." I am under the impression that TAMU kind of "bought" their players. They weren't there for the glory of "agriculture and mining" but because they were sold that it was a better path to short/long term revenue than TX, OK, or tOSU. After a bad year, they are tapping out. They are more "mercenary" in their mindset.

while this is certainly a play for PSU, I don't think it is as much. I get the feeling CJF leverages superstars like Parsons and Barkley but also talks about the virtues of PSU student/athlete experience. I get the feeling the kids are a little more patient to let their opportunity play out. All just a guess and in general, of course.
For the moment, CJF seems to be holding his own by maintaining relationships with the kids and their families. That is his strong suit but it must be exhausting.

Reactions: Obliviax
Here are the two plays in question, which happen to be the last two offensive plays of the game. I was there and it was quite a game.

Reactions: NedFromYork
For the moment, CJF seems to be holding his own by maintaining relationships with the kids and their families. That is his strong suit but it must be exhausting.
It seems like the hc job is as much relationship-building as x’s and o’s. It must be grueling to do that 24/7 365.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Bowl games are terrible with transfers and opt outs. The A&M interim coach will be in Syracuse tomorrow coaching another school. Elko has a mess in College Station while Jimbo is on some Caribbean island partying with Eddie O…. CFB is phucked up and hard to follow. U r nuts if you give to a collective.
I believe Elko will get things straightened out fairly quickly at A&M, and then become a contender in the SEC and nationally within a few years.

Elko was the defensive coordinator there as recently as 2021 before taking the Duke job, where he did a great job in a short time. News accounts say that Elko was greeted very enthusiastically by many of the A&M players who knew him previously. I suspect Elko may be saying good riddance to some who hit the portal.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT