ADVERTISEMENT

Talking with respected Ohowihate fans today....

No, it’s because you’re negative every week....you think we’re going to get torched all the time and you trash Franklin.
I'm a negative person, comes from growing up the first born son of an overbearing Italian mother. However I don't rip CJF. I love the man I just find many of his in game decisions in critical parts of the game indefensible. You can be highly critical of decisions without disliking the person. I also think his OC is terrible at game planning and at half time adjustments. Would you disagree?

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Actually I haven't had a drink since August 17, 2007. Regardless we are going to get our asses handed to us. This team is really nothing more than a poorly coached team with some speed. Sorry...
Eric, you will be the very first one to be roasted should the upset of the season occur. Will you mind?

Of course not... and you know that. There is a reason why 50% of the betting public thinks giving up nearly 20 points is still a good bet on O$U. Think about that. I was at the Baylor OU game and watched a mountain of breaks go Baylor's way in the first half. Maybe that happens to us. But absent a couple of defensive scores or a blocked FG we are in for a beating. That doesn't make me a bad fan. I'll be yelling and screaming like everyone else for our guys. But O$U just looks like a step above out young team.
I really hope you are wrong, but you have a great point about the point spread. It could be a motivator, but is a sign of how big of an upset this will be if Penn State wins.

I'm keeping my eyes on the weather forecast....bad weather is our best friend in this game.

I'm keeping my eyes on the weather forecast....bad weather is our best friend in this game.
But is it really? If PSU wants to win this game, they are going to need to have their playmakers make plays in space, something that isn't going to happen if it's rainy/windy. I don't think there is any way in hell PSU beats OSU if the game is played in a phonebooth. That just makes it easier for an already elite defense to key in and shut down your teams running game.

People thought the same thing about Wisconsin when that game was a rain fest and it basically gave them no chance at winning the game. And OSU had no trouble moving the ball in that game either. If I'm a PSU fan I'm hoping the game conditions are clear so Clifford can get the ball out to his weapons.

Of course not... and you know that. There is a reason why 50% of the betting public thinks giving up nearly 20 points is still a good bet on O$U. Think about that. I was at the Baylor OU game and watched a mountain of breaks go Baylor's way in the first half. Maybe that happens to us. But absent a couple of defensive scores or a blocked FG we are in for a beating. That doesn't make me a bad fan. I'll be yelling and screaming like everyone else for our guys. But O$U just looks like a step above out young team.

You said we have “bad coaching”. None of that word salad addresses that.

I'm a negative person, comes from growing up the first born son of an overbearing Italian mother. However I don't rip CJF. I love the man I just find many of his in game decisions in critical parts of the game indefensible. You can be highly critical of decisions without disliking the person. I also think his OC is terrible at game planning and at half time adjustments. Would you disagree?
Yes, I absolutely disagree. If someone watches every single play for any team like we do with PSU, they will find all kinds of “mistakes” by any coach or coordinator. Our expectations of our coaches are much higher than when we watch other games and I think our expectations are often unreasonable.

Yes, I absolutely disagree. If someone watches every single play for any team like we do with PSU, they will find all kinds of “mistakes” by any coach or coordinator. Our expectations of our coaches are much higher than when we watch other games and I think our expectations are often unreasonable.

I made the mistake of viewing ignored content and what do my eyes behold but the sites resident CJF fan boy acting like the foolish zealot that he is. Your posts have zero nuance or hint of contemplation. You are so cock sure of yourself in every post it completely discredits you. Your wife must be a saint. Now back to protecting the realm from any negativity toward the coaching staff.

Rahne should never have been given a P5 O coordinator gig with his resume by the way big boy. We're 9-1 largely because we have 50 4 star guys on the roster, not because Vince Lombardi is on the staff. OSU is gonna truck us when we get to the 9 yard line and run dive, qb sneak, back shoulder fade to hamler.

I made the mistake of viewing ignored content and what do my eyes behold but the sites resident CJF fan boy acting like the foolish zealot that he is. Your posts have zero nuance or hint of contemplation. You are so cock sure of yourself in every post it completely discredits you. Your wife must be a saint. Now back to protecting the realm from any negativity toward the coaching staff.

Rahne should never have been given a P5 O coordinator gig with his resume by the way big boy. We're 9-1 largely because we have 50 4 star guys on the roster, not because Vince Lombardi is on the staff. OSU is gonna truck us when we get to the 9 yard line and run dive, qb sneak, back shoulder fade to hamler.
I’m cock sure of myself? Did you read your own post? Who says Rahne should never have been given a P5 job, you? I think I would trust Franklin’s opinion over yours....I know, crazy of me since you’re obviously such a football expert....please put your resume in for the USC job so we can hold on to Franklin.

Reactions: Fac
The two are friends, and of all the suckeyes fans I know, 10 are good people including them.
They’re nervous as a whore in Church.
They said the ohowihate players have not played a full four quarters, and that concerns them. I said, the funny thing is, Penn State starters haven’t played a full four quarters either. :eek:
Here’s hoping it happens Saturday.

OL
I'm curious...how can I achieve "respected fan" status?

May wanna check the records of some other teams with higher or similar blue chip ratios to ours....
Michigan
USC
FSU
Texass
Auburn
All have more losses than us.

I guess Georgia coaching sucks too. Their loss is worse than ours.

May wanna check the records of some other teams with higher or similar blue chip ratios to ours....
Michigan
USC
FSU
Texass
Auburn
All have more losses than us.

I guess Georgia coaching sucks too. Their loss is worse than ours.

Or look at schools with fewer blue chips and similar records? Or similar ratio and better records? Cherry picking your argument

Or look at schools with fewer blue chips and similar records? Or similar ratio and better records? Cherry picking your argument
Wrong. You stated that because of the number of 4 stars we have, anyone could be 9-1. That is obviously not true.
You are now moving the goalpost to "there are teams with lower blue chip ratios that have the same record". That is obviously a true statement, but not your original premise.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Wrong. You stated that because of the number of 4 stars we have, anyone could be 9-1. That is obviously not true.
You are now moving the goalpost to "there are teams with lower blue chip ratios that have the same record". That is obviously a true statement, but not your original premise.
And how many of those teams with lower blue chip ratios win year after year and not one season every now and then?

Reactions: PSU87
I said poorly coached. And I stand by that. Look at tackling, corner coverage, blitz schemes. We are not a well coached team. I stand by that. Our speed makes up the gaps most off the time but not all

Shouldn't they at least know how to tackle coming out of high school? Geez, I knew how to tackle playing tackle football in the park against other neighborhoods? Either you want to tackle or you don't is my opinion.

Shouldn't they at least know how to tackle coming out of high school? Geez, I knew how to tackle playing tackle football in the park against other neighborhoods? Either you want to tackle or you don't is my opinion.
You know, it’s that double secret tackling skill that only certain college coaches know how to teach.

Good effing Lord. So by your logic coaching had zero impact on any fundamentals? Yes, tackling drills at practice impact tackling during the game. So you think everyone just forgot how to tackle or do you think it is more likely caused by lack of proper preparation day on and day out. I just think CJF does not do a good job getting the team toughened up to play with an edge. I really think that comes from practicing soft. My opinion but I have not seen an edge to any defense like we had during JVP days (before he checked out in early 2000s)

isn’t this an oxymoron?

99.9% of the time, yes.
If you are a suckeye fan, you talk CFB in genuine terms and not like 99.9% of the ohowihate fans do - as if their team hung the moon.

I know many many ohowihate suckeye fans rooting for the team in columbASS, but about a dozen are actually good people who are not arrogant asshats.

OL

Ohio State fan here: The vibe I'm getting from my fellow OSU fans (and that I have myself) is that we're waiting for the other shoe to drop. We have had challenging games or unexpected losses pretty much every season going back to .... well forever I think.

On paper this looks like the best Ohio State team in at least my lifetime (I'm 34). Sure I can find individual players on past teams that are better than their positions current placeholder (save for maybe defensive end)... But taken as a whole; this team appears to be without flaw.

But when you haven't been challenged yet in a game you start to wonder; are we really that good or is this just luck... have we ACTUALLY played any teams that are any good? On paper; we're super confident. In reality, we're all a bit nervous that the other shoe will come down at some point... and if it's going to Penn State is probably a team with enough talent to make it happen.

My god, that sounds realistic.

However. I think you’re going to see Clifford on some called runs early on, similar to the 2016 game with McSorely. Not RPO because he won’t have time to make the read, called runs to gain decent yardage before they can react and keep the OSU defense off guard.

And the PSU defense almost completely shuts down the run, forcing Fields to pass and he gets confused by some new coverages. We back off the aggressive blitz packages (which won’t work) and Parsons utilizes his speed, having a big day harassing their QB flushing him out of the pocket. Fields gets some yards with his legs but overall does not play well.

Chisena gets open deep A FEW times and has...one deep catch at a big time. Hamler plays but is not significantly utilized due to coverage. He’s sent more on decoy routes to open things up for Dotson who will have an excellent day, but break zero tackles. Moose has a great game and plays pissed off (F.U. Mackey award people). Journey is mostly bottled up but has a few nice runs, Cain plays and pounds for a few nice gains. Line holds up surprisingly well. Clifford gets nicked up because of all those called runs, Levis comes in on first down and surprises everyone by passing (gasp) complete down the middle to Moose.

PSU up 17-14 in the 4th, OSU takes the lead 21-17, we all poop our pampers. Then PSU takes the game with a late TD. Then scores a few more, PSU wins 45-21.
Biff, you still have that book? ;)

Reactions: CbusLion10
But is it really? If PSU wants to win this game, they are going to need to have their playmakers make plays in space, something that isn't going to happen if it's rainy/windy. I don't think there is any way in hell PSU beats OSU if the game is played in a phonebooth. That just makes it easier for an already elite defense to key in and shut down your teams running game.

People thought the same thing about Wisconsin when that game was a rain fest and it basically gave them no chance at winning the game. And OSU had no trouble moving the ball in that game either. If I'm a PSU fan I'm hoping the game conditions are clear so Clifford can get the ball out to his weapons.
And who ever said O$U fans were pompous a-holes, clearly not the case.

Maybe not.

Maybe you should have a couple of belts.... just to clear up any confusion.

th
Ya... Pretty dumb post

I said poorly coached. And I stand by that. Look at tackling, corner coverage, blitz schemes. We are not a well coached team. I stand by that. Our speed makes up the gaps most off the time but not all

So we have the 4th ranked rush defense (#1 ypc) and you claim we can't tackle. Interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT