ADVERTISEMENT

Talking with respected Ohowihate fans today....

OhioLion

Jul 11, 2001
Heart of America, Archbold, OH
The two are friends, and of all the suckeyes fans I know, 10 are good people including them.
They’re nervous as a whore in Church.
They said the ohowihate players have not played a full four quarters, and that concerns them. I said, the funny thing is, Penn State starters haven’t played a full four quarters either. :eek:
Here’s hoping it happens Saturday.

OL

The two are friends, and of all the suckeyes fans I know, 10 are good people including them.
They said the ohowihate players have not played a full four quarters, and that concerns them. I said, the funny thing is, Penn State starters haven’t played a full four quarters either. :eek:

OL

Doubt it. I am sure they will rotate players, especially on the defensive line and at linebacker.

OL
I'm sure Ryan Day and their coaches are nervous as all Hell as well. There's a lot riding on this game, and we've played them close every year.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Yeah. They are nervous until 10 minutes left in the first quarter when they realize they can dominate us without much effort.

Opening kickoff to PSU because of course we won't even have the advantage on the coin toss.

1st down-give to Brown no gain
2nd down-pass to Dotson 4 yards and excellent one one tackle by OSU CB
3rd and 6-forced to Friermuth who is covered like blanket and ball almost picked

Punt 40 yards

OSU scores in 7 plays torching our secondary as Fields can order a pizza and get it delivered before even noticing a pass rush.

The rout is on.

Flush the game away.

I just hope Franklin and coaches don’t panic. Fake punts, gadget plays and unnecessary risks early in the game should not be taken. We need to make it to halftime with the game within reach.

Reactions: johnmpsu
Yeah. They are nervous until 10 minutes left in the first quarter when they realize they can dominate us without much effort.

Opening kickoff to PSU because of course we won't even have the advantage on the coin toss.

3rd and 6-forced to Friermuth who is covered like blanket and ball almost picked

Punt 40 yards

OSU scores in 7 plays torching our secondary as Fields can order a pizza and get it delivered before even noticing a pass rush.

The rout is on.

Flush the game away.

Tell us how you really feel...:eek:

Punt 40 yards

The rout is on.

Flush the game away.

With this attitude why on earth would you waste your time and watch?

OL

Surprising to hear. Most of the OSU fans I've encountered, and all the National pundits, are pretty uniformly confident they are going to win in a blowout.

I am hoping this overconfidence bleeds into the team and they don't take our guys as seriously as they should...

Kind of agree, this should be an easy OSU victory based upon recent PSU play, but....

for some reason with these teams, the better team thru 3 quarters has lost the game in the 4th quarter in each of the last 3 matchups. Play hard the entire game, stay within reach, some magic can happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bertway0

Punt 40 yards

The rout is on.

Flush the game away.
Wow, I guess I won’t bother watching...hopefully, you don’t either.

Reactions: Howie'81 and bigsue

Punt 40 yards

The rout is on.

Flush the game away.
Glad you don't play on my team.

Reactions: Hotshoe

Punt 40 yards

The rout is on.

Flush the game away.
I know that I'm going out on a limb here . . . buuuuuuuuuut . . . Im guessin you're a glass-half- empty kinda guy :rolleyes:

Punt 40 yards

The rout is on.

Flush the game away.

There's one way to find out if a man is honest: ask him. If he says "Yes", you know he is crooked.

Punt 40 yards

The rout is on.

Flush the game away.

My god, that sounds realistic.

However. I think you’re going to see Clifford on some called runs early on, similar to the 2016 game with McSorely. Not RPO because he won’t have time to make the read, called runs to gain decent yardage before they can react and keep the OSU defense off guard.

And the PSU defense almost completely shuts down the run, forcing Fields to pass and he gets confused by some new coverages. We back off the aggressive blitz packages (which won’t work) and Parsons utilizes his speed, having a big day harassing their QB flushing him out of the pocket. Fields gets some yards with his legs but overall does not play well.

Chisena gets open deep A FEW times and has...one deep catch at a big time. Hamler plays but is not significantly utilized due to coverage. He’s sent more on decoy routes to open things up for Dotson who will have an excellent day, but break zero tackles. Moose has a great game and plays pissed off (F.U. Mackey award people). Journey is mostly bottled up but has a few nice runs, Cain plays and pounds for a few nice gains. Line holds up surprisingly well. Clifford gets nicked up because of all those called runs, Levis comes in on first down and surprises everyone by passing (gasp) complete down the middle to Moose.

PSU up 17-14 in the 4th, OSU takes the lead 21-17, we all poop our pampers. Then PSU takes the game with a late TD. Then scores a few more, PSU wins 45-21.

My god, that sounds realistic.

However. I think you’re going to see Clifford on some called runs early on, similar to the 2016 game with McSorely. Not RPO because he won’t have time to make the read, called runs to gain decent yardage before they can react and keep the OSU defense off guard.

And the PSU defense almost completely shuts down the run, forcing Fields to pass and he gets confused by some new coverages. We back off the aggressive blitz packages (which won’t work) and Parsons utilizes his speed, having a big day harassing their QB flushing him out of the pocket. Fields gets some yards with his legs but overall does not play well.

Chisena gets open deep A FEW times and has...one deep catch at a big time. Hamler plays but is not significantly utilized due to coverage. He’s sent more on decoy routes to open things up for Dotson who will have an excellent day, but break zero tackles. Moose has a great game and plays pissed off (F.U. Mackey award people). Journey is mostly bottled up but has a few nice runs, Cain plays and pounds for a few nice gains. Line holds up surprisingly well. Clifford gets nicked up because of all those called runs, Levis comes in on first down and surprises everyone by passing (gasp) complete down the middle to Moose.

PSU up 17-14 in the 4th, OSU takes the lead 21-17, we all poop our pampers. Then PSU takes the game with a late TD. Then scores a few more, PSU wins 45-21.
Good post, you actually had me going there. Then, I woke up.;)

Punt 40 yards

The rout is on.

Flush the game away.
This is the kind of absolute bonehead remark that makes this board insufferable at times. What a dumb thing to say!

Reactions: Fac and Hotshoe

Punt 40 yards

The rout is on.

Flush the game away.
What is this us kemosabe ?

I feel that Ohio State is the more balanced and complete team, and should win by at least two scores, especially with the game in C’bus. However, I’m sure that I probably felt the same way in 2016.

I’m hoping that we keep it close, get a big play or two on special teams and defense, and grind it out with Cain and Brown. It won’t be an easy task either way, but I’ll be watching.

I'm hopeful Cain is back and we have a legit running game with him, Journey and Clifford. They have to gameplan for Hamler and Freiermuth so it should open things up for others. We have enough weapons to stretch the field so I think can have some offensive success. We obviously have to get our playmakers the ball but can't force it. Have to find a way to use their aggressiveness on defense against them. Teams have done that effectively with our defensive line at times. Trace took what they gave him last year.. he ran all over the place. Don't expect Clifford to do so but they will have to respect his running game. Our offensive line has given him a lot of time. I feel like they can hold their own. We've played them with much worse offensive lines with this one and found ways to hang around. Offensively, I think we can hang in there.

Defensively, we had all kinds of worries last year with Haskins coming in and our defense performing poorly. Then they played their best game of the year for the majority of the game and gave us a great chance to win. I like the idea that our two games prior to OSU, we had to play against two really good offenses. Sure, we struggled, but at least we got a chance to see where we might struggle vs OSU and correct them. I really think our tough stretch of games will have us ready for this one, while OSU doesn't have anything to fall back on if they're in a dogfight in the second half and have to show some resiliency. Put the pressure on them.. they're the huge favorite, best team ever, national championship team.. late November pressure has gotten to teams in the past. PSU isn't some untalented overachieving group that got to 9-1 by beating on tomato cans. They've earned their spot. It's just time to bring it all together when it matters the most.

Actually I haven't had a drink since August 17, 2007. Regardless we are going to get our asses handed to us. This team is really nothing more than a poorly coached team with some speed. Sorry...
Maybe you should start again, might make you happier to be around.

I'm hopeful Cain is back and we have a legit running game with him, Journey and Clifford. They have to gameplan for Hamler and Freiermuth so it should open things up for others. We have enough weapons to stretch the field so I think can have some offensive success. We obviously have to get our playmakers the ball but can't force it. Have to find a way to use their aggressiveness on defense against them. Teams have done that effectively with our defensive line at times. Trace took what they gave him last year.. he ran all over the place. Don't expect Clifford to do so but they will have to respect his running game. Our offensive line has given him a lot of time. I feel like they can hold their own. We've played them with much worse offensive lines with this one and found ways to hang around. Offensively, I think we can hang in there.

Defensively, we had all kinds of worries last year with Haskins coming in and our defense performing poorly. Then they played their best game of the year for the majority of the game and gave us a great chance to win. I like the idea that our two games prior to OSU, we had to play against two really good offenses. Sure, we struggled, but at least we got a chance to see where we might struggle vs OSU and correct them. I really think our tough stretch of games will have us ready for this one, while OSU doesn't have anything to fall back on if they're in a dogfight in the second half and have to show some resiliency. Put the pressure on them.. they're the huge favorite, best team ever, national championship team.. late November pressure has gotten to teams in the past. PSU isn't some untalented overachieving group that got to 9-1 by beating on tomato cans. They've earned their spot. It's just time to bring it all together when it matters the most.
One of the very best, most rational posts I've read this week.

OL
The O.S.U. is the best football in College Football. I hope our Lions stay within 24 pts.

How have we managed to go 38-8 over the past couple of years? I assume luck is the major factor.
Of course not... and you know that. There is a reason why 50% of the betting public thinks giving up nearly 20 points is still a good bet on O$U. Think about that. I was at the Baylor OU game and watched a mountain of breaks go Baylor's way in the first half. Maybe that happens to us. But absent a couple of defensive scores or a blocked FG we are in for a beating. That doesn't make me a bad fan. I'll be yelling and screaming like everyone else for our guys. But O$U just looks like a step above out young team.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT