ADVERTISEMENT

Talk about an entitled woman......

She's obviously repugnant. The "don't you know who I am card" should only be pulled by the President, the Pope, or Elvis. That said, if my kid (18 or not) was getting a car impounded and I had to pick her up, I would certainly ask - "what's the problem, officer." Of course, if they wouldn't tell me, I wouldn't lose my mind.
Right, you wouldn’t lose your mind. When the officer told you to “ask the adult driver”, you would have said “okay, thanks.” And done that.

But not MISS Turner!!! She had to have answers!!! She was completely trying to bait these guys, in fact the one officer even says to her “ma’am, I need you to move back, I have backed up as far as I can go.” They gave her a lot of levity.

Of course the next thing will be when a cop uses “sir” or “ma’am” (the universally accepted titles of respect for a stranger), they will be sued because they are assuming the sexual identity of the person they are arresting/pulling over/etc. that story is not far off (if it hasn’t happened already.). 2018. yay ()

Hopefully the daughter learned that actions have consequences.
With that mother? She was probably told cops are asses and that you don’t have to put up with the laws of commoners. You are the daughter of a commissioner and you go to Yale. Now turn your nose up like a good little girl and post as much as you can about the horrible cops. Ugh.

Reactions: fizzyskittles
So, did she lose her job?

And that's why I couldn't be a cop - zero patience for that kind of behavior. These guys are champs for shutting her down.

No one has touched on this yet but people like this woman look at police as “ the help “, or just another servant.

Very true, however, the difference today is that the parents are not setting a good example for their children. What do you think the daughter took away from this incident? Her mother showed no respect for the officers and even dropped the f--- bomb on them. Teachers can no longer discipline students and face dismissal or legal charges if they try. It's simple, children who are taught to respect authority are in the minority anymore.
Perhaps a bit overstated, but I get your gist. Truth is, there are still a lot (most in my experience) of very respectful young people in our schools. True, there is also an ever-growing sense of entitlement that is permeating with the younger generations as well, but a lot of this comes from parents turned Facebook SJW’s who turn the everyday slights and accolades of youth into MUCH larger events than they actually warrant. That said, while it’s easy to rail against the kids in these stories, I tend to agree with those who lay the bulk of the blame at the older generation which has deemphasized the lessons of personal responsibility and fostered their kids’ inability to adapt.

But not MISS Turner!!! She had to have answers!!! She was completely trying to bait these guys, in fact the one officer even says to her “ma’am, I need you to move back, I have backed up as far as I can go.” They gave her a lot of levity.

Watch it now, it's not Ms Turner, it's COMMISSIONER Turner, as she insisted on being called at one point.

Videos like this prove the old line about "Power corrupts." She is some kind of official, which means she's in charge of running something in a legal manner and yet her first instinct is to play the "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" card, as if the laws don't apply to people in positions of power.

I wish the cop slapped the cuffs on her for obstructing justice.

So you're saying we shouldn't use the "I have X Likes on the McAndrew board" approach? What's this world coming to?

No that and $4.50 gets you a cup of coffee. :)

But being a Nittany Lion can help. I was headed to the gym (DC area), speeding because I was late again to meet my buddy and felt bad. Turned the corner at 55 plus in a 35 and just flat out caught by Maryland’s finest with his speed gun. Officer walks up, asks me if I knew my speed. I said apologetically and in a frustrated tone yes, I was late again to met my gym partner. He looks at me, sees my chipmunk tattoo and Nittany Lion tank and says did you go to Penn State? I say yes sir. He says We Are. I say Penn State in a quiet, sheepish way. He says no ticket today but please slow down and take your time. I say thank you and putter to the gym at 25 mph.

No that and $4.50 gets you a cup of coffee. :)

But being a Nittany Lion can help. I was headed to the gym (DC area), speeding because I was late again to meet my buddy and felt bad. Turned the corner at 55 plus in a 35 and just flat out caught by Maryland’s finest with his speed gun. Officer walks up, asks me if I knew my speed. I said apologetically and in a frustrated tone yes, I was late again to met my gym partner. He looks at me, sees my chipmunk tattoo and Nittany Lion tank and says did you go to Penn State? I say yes sir. He says We Are. I say Penn State in a quiet, sheepish way. He says no ticket today but please slow down and take your time. I say thank you and putter to the gym at 25 mph.

They often are looking to cut a person a break, and your attitude can help that . A retired trooper told me if he could, he’d let people go who told him that truth because most people lied to him.
You say I was speeding , I’m sorry you might get the break( like you did).

Reactions: BBrown
Right, but it seemed like in your response you were trying to point out that younger generations don't respect authority, but the only problem is that the only person in this video who was not respecting authority was the baby boomer.

I understand your point that parents should be setting good examples for their children, but I don't think this is a generational issue. I think it's a human being issue. I think every generation believes there is a problem with younger generations respecting them and authority. Just like every generation thinks their kids have shitty taste in music.
Let me be clear. I really believe, as a society, that respect for authority has eroded, especially respect for law officers. And its not just the younger generation but crosses all generations. My point earllier is that if we are to stem this tide, that we need to start setting a better example for the younger generation.

Out of state can be tricky , Va. staties have a bad rep. No breaks there. Town cops might be easier .

FWIW, Virginia is a bit of a special case. Eighty and over is automatic misdemeanor reckless driving. Considering they have a maximum speed limit of 70 now there's not a lot of play. The cops there feel they're doing you a really big favor by writing you up for 79 (instead of the misdemeanor) and there's big business in representing people to bargain down to "aggravated handicapped parking" violations. They also has a "bad driver surcharge" that states tried (and some kept) that then surcharged you something like $500-$2000 for that ticket afterwards with little to no recourse.

While we might have the finest judicial system money can buy in PA, at least we don't have that kind of nonsense.

With that mother? She was probably told cops are asses and that you don’t have to put up with the laws of commoners. You are the daughter of a commissioner and you go to Yale. Now turn your nose up like a good little girl and post as much as you can about the horrible cops. Ugh.
You're probably right.

She's a Loretta Weinberg appointee in the best traditions of NJ political horse trading. Weinberg, a Democrat, is Majority Leader of the NJ State Senate. As it happens, Turner lives in her district.

Thanks Art; I wasn't sure how to read this paragraph in the article linked by Tom since I don't really know how appointments work in NJ:

While a Democrat who raised money for Hillary Clinton, Turner was appointed to the Port Authority last year by former Gov. Chris Christie, as part of a pair of appointments that included former GOP state Sen. Kevin O'Toole. Turner was the pick of Senate Majority Leader Loretta Weinberg (D-37), who was pushing for more women on the board.

Thanks Art; I wasn't sure how to read this paragraph in the article linked by Tom since I don't really know how appointments work in NJ:

While a Democrat who raised money for Hillary Clinton, Turner was appointed to the Port Authority last year by former Gov. Chris Christie, as part of a pair of appointments that included former GOP state Sen. Kevin O'Toole. Turner was the pick of Senate Majority Leader Loretta Weinberg (D-37), who was pushing for more women on the board.

As it's not uncommon for a majority of one, if not both, part(s) of the legislature to be held by a party different that that of the Governor, this kind of give-and-take isn't unusual in NJ.

She's the "ethics chair" of the commission! Lol! Perfect.
She's a professional who probably deals with, and in an indirect sense oversees, guys like that all the time. She may even have a good rapport with them in most cases. I don't have a problem with her trying to at least get a handle on the situation informally, professional to professional. He could have given her information so she at least could understand and deal with the other parents, etc. He didn't.. Fair play. His choice and she should have backed off at that point. We can guess she was trying to make the situation go away, but we don't know for sure. Cops handled it well. I don't have a problem with what may have been her reasonable intentions from the start, but man did she cross that line quickly.... and just kept digging and digging. Who knows what was going on with her. Maybe what we saw was just her. Or it was a bad day, or who knows etc. etc. But boy did we get personal... going after her home life, identifying her husband... Just saying.

Then there is this judge, who berated an asthmatic woman.....is this entitlement also due to her position as a judge????/

maybe entitlement. Maybe just mean.

Horrible behavior by the judge. Really sad. What an attack on her dignity--and I don't mean the judge's.

She had no right to butt in , she no had authority, and she should have kept her mouth shut and drove the kids home.
Can't disagree with you. I don't mind her asking a few questions. But the police weren't willing to play along.
Either from the get-go or from the point when they weren't willing to play, [insert EXACTLY what you said].

She's a professional who probably deals with, and in an indirect sense oversees, guys like that all the time. She may even have a good rapport with them in most cases. I don't have a problem with her trying to at least get a handle on the situation informally, professional to professional. He could have given her information so she at least could understand and deal with the other parents, etc. He didn't.. Fair play. His choice and she should have backed off at that point. We can guess she was trying to make the situation go away, but we don't know for sure. Cops handled it well. I don't have a problem with what may have been her reasonable intentions from the start, but man did she cross that line quickly.... and just kept digging and digging. Who knows what was going on with her. Maybe what we saw was just her. Or it was a bad day, or who knows etc. etc. But boy did we get personal... going after her home life, identifying her husband... Just saying.

I can see her getting frustrated if the driver was her son. But she had no right to any of the information, in fact there was probably a privacy issue if the cop had given her the information she demanded. Considering her position, she should have understood that.

Can't disagree with you. I don't mind her asking a few questions. But the police weren't willing to play along.
Either from the get-go or from the point when they weren't willing to play, [insert EXACTLY what you said].
To be honest someone in her position should actually know better than anyone else not to interfere. There was no excuse and she now looks like a fool for doing so. If she thought it was a bad stop, she wasn't going to win that case there...it would be in court. Instead she acted like a spoiled entitled brat and taught the younger kids that was how entitled people act....which they do.

Reactions: BBrown
Seems like NJ com likes this store. A little update.

Postscript: Official misconduct charges for Turner?
Turner has been fired from her post as a Port Authority commissioner, but her troubles may not end there.

Mark Zinna, the former Tenafly Borough Council President who served as acting Mayor in 2017 is now calling for official misconduct charges to be brought against Turner.

"It really is official misconduct," said Zinna, in an interview with NJ Advance Media on Tuesday afternoon. "It is the definition of it."

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ss...sioners.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

Reactions: mn78psu83

All she’s doing is complicating things. If she wants to exert a little influence or ask a favor, do it more discretely later.

Not to defend this lady but police are supposed to be public servants. Part of "protect and serve".
They performed their duties just fine. These weren't minors and they were given the tickets and were told what to do. They don't have to take sh!t from entitled people for no reason at all...that isn't part of protecting and serving and they never once got out of line.

^ And it was not her or her daughter's vehicle nor was her daughter driving which in my opinion makes it even more audacious on her part.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Seems like NJ com likes this store. A little update.

Postscript: Official misconduct charges for Turner?
Turner has been fired from her post as a Port Authority commissioner, but her troubles may not end there.

Mark Zinna, the former Tenafly Borough Council President who served as acting Mayor in 2017 is now calling for official misconduct charges to be brought against Turner.

"It really is official misconduct," said Zinna, in an interview with NJ Advance Media on Tuesday afternoon. "It is the definition of it."

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ss...sioners.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured
It's only going to get worse. In all likelihood, this woman will never get hired again and has humiliated herself and her family. It won't be easy to hide from this in a small town like Tenafly,

I'm surprised the cop told her it was her 'approach' that irritated him - he could have said pound sand and that was that. She started out genuine enough, but IMO, getting into a pissing match with cops and food servers is a juice not worth the squeeze. And once she demanded to be called 'Commissioner'.....

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a longer version on youtube. It is about 2x longer. She spoke with the cops out of view of the dashcam but you can hear the conversation. (You may need to fastforward a bit as there appears to have been a loud truck nearby.)

At one point, it sounds like she spit loudly or slammed something. She also tells the cop "I've had the cops in my house...and my second house...and my third house!". He says that he doesn't see how that's relevant.

She also keeps saying that he made 5 people cry (!) and that there is an investment banker in the car who came all the way from London.

He mentioned earlier that there is a problem with registration. She obviously knew that is the issue but she keeps badgering about how he can't put a sentence together.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
To be honest someone in her position should actually know better than anyone else not to interfere. There was no excuse and she now looks like a fool for doing so. If she thought it was a bad stop, she wasn't going to win that case there...it would be in court. Instead she acted like a spoiled entitled brat and taught the younger kids that was how entitled people act....which they do.
+1, except for two points which may or may not matter...

She more than looks like a fool, she was embarrassed and lost a coveted position. Those two may matter less and less over time, but they'll never go away. I'm guessing she also embarrassed her daughter.

Not convinced she taught a lesson to the younger kids in how to act. Certainly she demonstrated the actions and attitudes of the entitled.... but the fallout may have taught an important lesson in Entitled People's Actions Gone-Wrong. Here's hoping they don't repeat her mistake.

Here is a longer version on youtube. It is about 2x longer. She spoke with the cops out of view of the dashcam but you can hear the conversation. (You may need to fastforward a bit as there appears to have been a loud truck nearby.)

At one point, it sounds like she spit loudly or slammed something. She also tells the cop "I've had the cops in my house...and my second house...and my third house!". He says that he doesn't see how that's relevant.

She also keeps saying that he made 5 people cry (!) and that there is an investment banker in the car who came all the way from London.

He mentioned earlier that there is a problem with registration. She obviously knew that is the issue but she keeps badgering about how he can't put a sentence together.

Good news is she no longer has her position and is probably pretty GD ashamed right now....and I hope like hell they do press charges on her.

Reactions: Nitwit97
They performed their duties just fine. These weren't minors and they were given the tickets and were told what to do. They don't have to take sh!t from entitled people for no reason at all...that isn't part of protecting and serving and they never once got out of line.

Wasn't commenting on this specific case. And I agree, police shouldn't have to take shit from entitled citizens just as citizens shouldn't have to take shit from entitled police.

Wasn't commenting on this specific case. And I agree, police shouldn't have to take shit from entitled citizens just as citizens shouldn't have to take shit from entitled police.

We're talking about this case though...you get that? Thank goodness for dash cams as we get to see more and more the entitled cops seem to take a ton of $h!t from time to time. Every profession has bad eggs...this is known.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT