ADVERTISEMENT

Talk about an entitled woman......

While Chris Rock did this in the context of a black man encountering the police, it seems these days more people need a refresher .

Hopefully there is enough backlash for a little public apology but I doubt it. At least she is no longer there. Some poor man has to deal with that or had to deal with that lady....may god bless that man.

Last edited:
And how about the spoiled little children -- they needed to tell her what the violation was and to STFU mom. And you're right about the poor man who made the mistake of marrying her but he's probably long gone from her.

And how about the spoiled little children -- they needed to tell her what the violation was and to STFU mom. And you're right about the poor man who made the mistake of marrying her but he's probably long gone from her.
I'm in college and got pulled over by the cops....wahhhh, let's call Mommy. The saddest thing is she didn't tell them they were wrong in any way, but showed them how her position entitled her to somehow insult the cops. Great life lesson there for the "kids". DashCams help out in so many ways for cops....no guns were pulled, but this is the nonsense BS they have to deal with on a daily basis.

my god, these 2 cops have the patience of a Saint. Someone is not used to not getting her little way. Great lesson for the kids too....entitled Mommy will fix it.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/04/watch_video_shows_pa_commissioner_telling_cops_to.html

I mean, if you're going to drop the 'do you know who I am?' bit, at least come with something better than Port Authority Commissioner.

I remember after 9/11 I was on guard duty in Germany and we had to check the ID of every person driving a car onto the base. Some butter bar lieutenant said, 'Don't you know who I am?' and my eyes rolled so hard my head hurt.

tumblr_m1detkcD1W1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

I mean, if you're going to drop the 'do you know who I am?' bit, at least come with something better than Port Authority Commissioner.

I remember after 9/11 I was on guard duty in Germany and we had to check the ID of every person driving a car onto the base. Some butter bar lieutenant said, 'Don't you know who I am?' and my eyes rolled so hard my head hurt.

tumblr_m1detkcD1W1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Not gonna burst your bubble, but being Commissioner of the NY-NJ Port Authority is no small matter. I don't know how good of an administrator she was or wasn't but the NY-NJ Port Authority is a fairly sizable and powerful organization, running three major airports, tunnels and bridges and one of the busiest ports in the US. Being Commissioner is no small matter. It's not like she is president of a school board in some small village in Iowa. However, I would agree that she should not have used her position in this matter.

Reactions: RU31trap and Bob78
I'm in college and got pulled over by the cops....wahhhh, let's call Mommy. The saddest thing is she didn't tell them they were wrong in any way, but showed them how her position entitled her to somehow insult the cops. Great life lesson there for the "kids". DashCams help out in so many ways for cops....no guns were pulled, but this is the nonsense BS they have to deal with on a daily basis.

I don't know if she was the only option to be called, but since the car was going to be impounded, they needed to get a ride from someone. Maybe they thought this Mom would be able to influence the outcome, so they chose her. Don't know. Didn't work out as Mom expected, though, which is good to see.

Polite respect and contrition are always helpful with traffic stops - that's always been my only hope whenever I've been pulled over for speeding! (and sometimes it works!)

No way to know from the video, but the behaviors of the young adults in the car didn't seem to be part of the problem based on what was shown.

Kudos to the police for standing their ground firmly and respectfully. Mom pulling the commish card, the Chief of Police card, the MIT and Yale PhD card.... almost worthy of an SNL skit. I wonder if she will feel any embarrassment from how she mishandled this situation? That old dog (speaking as one myself) needs to learn a new trick or two.

Hopefully there is enough backlash for a little public apology but I doubt it. At least she is no longer there. Some poor man has to deal with that or had to deal with that lady....may god bless that man.

Exactly, women can be horrible to deal with when you’re a cop. Let’s say as an older guy I get the concept that they might light me up.

I don’t get speeding tickets . I’ve been pulled over multiple times and I work my way out of them . ( I’ll add in Pa. out of state has a different dynamic).
They ask for registration, insurance card, and license . My wallet is out and visible. My registration and insurance card are clip to my visor .
All this combined with being nice makes them relax , you appear to be a “ pro “. Someone who gets what they deal with and you’re making their job easier.
Now the politeness starts , if asked why he pulled you over I’ll ask if I was driving to fast ? And I’ll add I wasn’t paying attention, it’s my fault .
They’ll then ask me what’s up or some kind of question like that . I’ll use something in my life like being tired because we’re busy at work, just getting over a cold etc. Nornslly they won’t even give me a warning.
It’s easier to be nice.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Women? People in general do this. You do know men try the "you know who I am" card.

Oh yes they do, however officers that spoke to me seem to have the most issues with ladies of a certain age. Like the one in this video .
The know who I am is a loser from the start . If they don’t know you immediately and act like yes you are that important , you’ll just piss them off .
I’m nice . I make their job easier for them .

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Not gonna burst your bubble, but being Commissioner of the NY-NJ Port Authority is no small matter. I don't know how good of an administrator she was or wasn't but the NY-NJ Port Authority is a fairly sizable and powerful organization, running three major airports, tunnels and bridges and one of the busiest ports in the US. Being Commissioner is no small matter. It's not like she is president of a school board in some small village in Iowa. However, I would agree that she should not have used her position in this matter.

Meh, doesn't move the needle with me - especially if I were law enforcement.

Reactions: cigarowl
I don’t get speeding tickets . I’ve been pulled over multiple times and I work my way out of them . ( I’ll add in Pa. out of state has a different dynamic).
They ask for registration, insurance card, and license . My wallet is out and visible. My registration and insurance card are clip to my visor .
All this combined with being nice makes them relax , you appear to be a “ pro “. Someone who gets what they deal with and you’re making their job easier.
Now the politeness starts , if asked why he pulled you over I’ll ask if I was driving to fast ? And I’ll add I wasn’t paying attention, it’s my fault .
They’ll then ask me what’s up or some kind of question like that . I’ll use something in my life like being tired because we’re busy at work, just getting over a cold etc. Nornslly they won’t even give me a warning.
It’s easier to be nice.

A number of years ago, I went to dinner with a good friend to celebrate her engagement to her boyfriend. We had a great time at Warmdaddy's in Philly - dinner, drinks, etc. I spent about $200 (which was a lot for me). I was big on vodka tonics back then. Anyway, we leave - she is headed to her house in Bucks County, and me to mine in South Jersey. I got clocked doing 80 over the Ben Franklin Bridge (a 40 MPH zone).

Male and female cop pull me over - the female comes up to my window, I hand her my papers and she says "Why are you driving 80 miles an hour over the bridge?". I retort "I just spent $200 on dinner with a woman, and I am going home alone and I am pissed". She looks at me with a quizzical look and the male cop, standing in the background, just starts laughing. She handed me back my papers and said "Sorry to hear, be careful on your way home".

It's also good to have a sense of humor.

Oh yes they do, however officers that spoke to me seem to have the most issues with ladies of a certain age. Like the one in this video .
The know who I am is a loser from the start . If they don’t know you immediately and act like yes you are that important , you’ll just piss them off .
I’m nice . I make their job easier for them .
Like Bob said...nice and honest. I got pulled over in the middle of Bama doing 17mph over the limit....cop said you know why I pulled you over. I said yes sir that is why I stopped before you even got the lights on....you nailed me and I knew it. I came over a hill and saw him and I was the only one on the road. He said thanks for being honest, pulling over, and said...slow down and enjoy the ride. No ticket, nothing more than a 2 minute stop. I did the same thing in the middle of Louisiana after sitting in traffic in an hour on my way to a softball tournament...still got a ticket, but he still made it a quick stop as he knew I was actually running late. Knock on wood that was the last ticket I got (2 decades ago).

A number of years ago, I went to dinner with a good friend to celebrate her engagement to her boyfriend. We had a great time at Warmdaddy's in Philly - dinner, drinks, etc. I spent about $200 (which was a lot for me). I was big on vodka tonics back then. Anyway, we leave - she is headed to her house in Bucks County, and me to mine in South Jersey. I got clocked doing 80 over the Ben Franklin Bridge (a 40 MPH zone).

Male and female cop pull me over - the female comes up to my window, I hand her my papers and she says "Why are you driving 80 miles an hour over the bridge?". I retort "I just spent $200 on dinner with a woman, and I am going home alone and I am pissed". She looks at me with a quizzical look and the male cop, standing in the background, just starts laughing. She handed me back my papers and said "Sorry to hear, be careful on your way home".

That can work. You set the tone immediately by your actions , being prepared, appearing relaxed . In your case you we frustrated and it was good to let them know why.
My wife was let off on a ticket once. Our daughter was being a horrible teenager and she was pulled over for speeding . The cop asked what’s up and boy she told him.
He told our kid to shut her mouth and don’t aggravate mom while driving and told my wife drive safe so they get home okay .

Like Bob said...nice and honest. I got pulled over in the middle of Bama doing 17mph over the limit....cop said you know why I pulled you over. I said yes sir that is why I stopped before you even got the lights on....you nailed me and I knew it. I came over a hill and saw him and I was the only one on the road. He said thanks for being honest, pulling over, and said...slow down and enjoy the ride. No ticket, nothing more than a 2 minute stop. I did the same thing in the middle of Louisiana after sitting in traffic in an hour on my way to a softball tournament...still got a ticket, but he still made it a quick stop as he knew I was actually running late. Knock on wood that was the last ticket I got (2 decades ago).

Out of state can be tricky , Va. staties have a bad rep. No breaks there. Town cops might be easier .

Last time I got a speeding ticket I got pulled over and the cop said, “Do you know why I’ve pulled you over?” I just said, “Honestly, it doesn’t even matter. I’ve never been able to talk my way out of one of these so if you could just write that up quickly I can be on my way.” The guy laughed and obliged.

I tired humor but, it didn't work. Probably about 25 years ago driving to a wedding and I come up over a hill. Cheap radar detector goes off and I hit the breaks. Could see the cop just down the road. He walks up to my car and says where's your radar detector. I showed him and he chuckles and says they don't work with these instant on radar guns. I said; I heard those things give you cancer. Smile went away and he starts writing the ticket. Talked to some people at the wedding and another guy tells me he got pulled over by the same cop. He explained that he was late for his friend's wedding and the cop let him off with a warning. For the look on his face and the few times I told the story was worth the ticket.

Reactions: massimoManca II
I tired humor but, it didn't work. Probably about 25 years ago driving to a wedding and I come up over a hill. Cheap radar detector goes off and I hit the breaks. Could see the cop just down the road. He walks up to my car and says where's your radar detector. I showed him and he chuckles and says they don't work with these instant on radar guns. I said; I heard those things give you cancer. Smile went away and he starts writing the ticket. Talked to some people at the wedding and another guy tells me he got pulled over by the same cop. He explained that he was late for his friend's wedding and the cop let him off with a warning. For the look on his face and the few times I told the story was worth the ticket.

I think the trouble is you’re not funny.

Reactions: nitanee123
You're right about the Virginia State troopers. They deserve that bad rep. On 81 and 77 watch out. Not so much on 95.

Police officers said they’ll often get breaks in cases of speeding but not from them . Seems Pa. and Va. has some bad blood between them.

You joked about cancer . Did his dad die of cancer 6 weeks ago? Some family member currently battling it?
Humor is the last resort and you better be funny and catch the right person . The spent 200$ and didn’t get any is funny.
Cancer isn’t funny.

I never take humor advice from a conservative. All they have is accidental humor and racist/sexist humor.

I laughed and my friend in the car laughed so, that's good enough for me. Also, I gave the officer good advice even if he didn't appreciate it.

Cluster of testicular cancer in police officers exposed to hand-held radar.
Davis RL1, Mostofi FK.
Author information

Abstract
Within a cohort of 340 police officers, six incident cases of testicular cancer occurred between 1979 and 1991 (O/E 6.9; p < 0.001, Poisson distribution). Occupational use of hand-held radar was the only shared risk factor among all six officers, and all routinely held the radar gun directly in close proximity to their testicles. Health effects of occupational radar use have not been widely studied, and further research into a possible association with testicular cancer is warranted.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8213849

I never take humor advice from a conservative. All they have is accidental humor and racist/sexist humor.

I laughed and my friend in the car laughed so, that's good enough for me. Also, I gave the officer good advice even if he didn't appreciate it.

Cluster of testicular cancer in police officers exposed to hand-held radar.
Davis RL1, Mostofi FK.
Author information

Abstract
Within a cohort of 340 police officers, six incident cases of testicular cancer occurred between 1979 and 1991 (O/E 6.9; p < 0.001, Poisson distribution). Occupational use of hand-held radar was the only shared risk factor among all six officers, and all routinely held the radar gun directly in close proximity to their testicles. Health effects of occupational radar use have not been widely studied, and further research into a possible association with testicular cancer is warranted.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8213849

Here’s the thing, you got the ticket. And proceeded to demonstrate why you’re not funny by explaining your dumb joke.
Obviously your approach didn’t work .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT