ADVERTISEMENT

Swain Was The Bad Guy

I figure Louden missed weight at sectionals a few weeks later or went back up a weight and got destroyed at sectionals from what it did to him to make the weight. Meanwhile, Shute took home another state title and went on to have a great NCAA wrestling career. (Louden got some interest from Oklahoma State, but ultimately never wrestled in college.)

I figure Louden missed weight at sectionals a few weeks later or went back up a weight and got destroyed at sectionals from what it did to him to make the weight. Meanwhile, Shute took home another state title and went on to have a great NCAA wrestling career. (Louden got some interest from Oklahoma State, but ultimately never wrestled in college.)
The irony is hearing Jasper talking about dropping 25 lbs in a month to be at the right weight for the movie.

I recall reading something a while back that Terry Davis, the author of the book Vision Quest, was considering writing a sequel that would be about Louden’s future wrestling career. I don’t know what came of his consideration. Maybe he just couldn’t come up with a good idea for a story line. I’m pretty sure that the original story was influenced by Larry Owings dropping down two or three weights to beat Dan Gable.

The fellow who wrote the screenplay, Darryl Ponicsan grew up in the coal region in a small town called Shenandoah. when I heard that I thought maybe he took inspiration from North Schuylkill high school but later I found out he adapted a book for the movie.

Reactions: hlstone and mcpat
The fellow who wrote the screenplay, Darryl Ponicsan grew up in the coal region in a small town called Shenandoah. when I heard that I thought maybe he took inspiration from North Schuylkill high school but later I found out he adapted a book for the movie.

Shenandoah has a deli that has the best Kielbasa outside of Poland

I still can’t believe Kuch’s dad left his tire business in Spokane in order to manage the Cleveland Indians!
Game Day What GIF by Laff

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
I occasionally go to St. Ann's Byzantine Church for their Slavic food offerings. They get their kielbasa from Schiff's in North Scranton. It was funny when I asked who the vendor was and the guy said "Schiff's in Scranton, probably never heard of it". He was kind of shocked when I said North Main Ave, just down the street from the Microtel.

It's no accident they have two kielbasas shaped like a heart on their web page.

I have relatives from the coal region and at one time Shenandoah and Mahanoy City had 4,5 quality kielbasa places. I think maybe only Kowlenaks and Luckys are left.

Reactions: mcpat
Any idea where his store is? I’m sure my wife would love to have a Jake Ryan original. (Of course, I’ll always refer to it as a Kuch original, just to piss her off!)
All I’ve seen is that it’s near Wilkes Barre

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT