ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano out

Not on purpose. Don't have it offhand. Think we outbonused them last year by 7. Rosters of both a little different, but we probably net gained some as Cenzo, Hall and NN bonus more than Nico, JC and MM.

Kollin Moore's emergence is very key for them.

The Open Mat says Ok St. All three of them. They have the Cowboys winning rather comfortably.

The injury killed our chances. Bummer.

exhibit "A" why the ignore feature alone doesn't work. A bunch of guys talking to themselves over and over.

Serious question: what are the board rules, and what does it take to get banned around here? We have one guy who appears to be as dumb as a bag of hammers taking over every thread. We have another guy that continuously makes things up and casual readers still read this site and believes what he says.

Can anybody answer this question?

exhibit "A" why the ignore feature alone doesn't work. A bunch of guys talking to themselves over and over.

Serious question: what are the board rules, and what does it take to get banned around here? We have one guy who appears to be as dumb as a bag of hammers taking over every thread. We have another guy that continuously makes things up and casual readers still read this site and believes what he says.

Can anybody answer this question?

I have Spyker on ignore as of a week ago and I've lost ten pounds and my wife came back to me. Also the board is more enjoyable.

I have Spyker on ignore as of a week ago and I've lost ten pounds and my wife came back to me. Also the board is more enjoyable too.
heck, I just took guns off ignore so I could see what everyone was responding. Gonna have some reading to do....

Spyker, you just have to get used to, and enjoy.

How many points do you see each scoring?

Retherford-25
Nolf-25
Joseph and Hall 16 each
Nickal 20
Nevills 12
MCutcheon 4

I come with 118-who beats that and how?
I have Cutch getting 9 or 10 with a rematch with Studebaker for 5th. Outside shot at an M
7 on 7 vs Ohio State....the last time in B1G's in the non 7 on 7's,

Ohio State 15
PSU 3.5

Like I said, 8 scoring wrestlers.
Big Tens is a totally different tournament. Non 7 wrestlers for Ohio State with no bonus is a whopping 3 points and that's if Burcher wins two in Consis and Pletcher goes chalk. If it goes chalk Penn State has a 7.5 lead in placement and advancement.

I have Cutch getting 9 or 10 with a rematch with Studebaker for 5th. Outside shot at an M

Big Tens is a totally different tournament. Non 7 wrestlers for Ohio State with no bones is a whopping 3 points and that's if Burcher wins two in Consis and Pletcher goes chalk. If it goes chalk Penn State has a 7.5 lead in placement and advancement.

Good, solid post. Done with reasoning, and fact, and no attacks. Well done Joseph.

heck, I just took guns off ignore so I could see what everyone was responding. Gonna have some reading to do....

Spyker, you just have to get used to, and enjoy.

i have both spyker and that 21 guy on ignore. even with those precautions taken i feel confident that with their dribble they will ruin my ncaa's experience like 21 ruined bigs for me. it would be different if he could add value or even be somewhat funny but that is not to be. so sad.

Reactions: CowboyUp61
I understand that many of us want PS to win the points championship but who really gives a $hit if they don't. Good God, to read the same posts over and over again is getting painful. PS is without NicK S who would have cruised to the quarters and maybe even the semis. They are without Cortez who certainly would have given them points. Jimmy is absolutely capable of scoring points. Zain and Nolf will most likely be champs. Nikal has a great shot to make the finals. Cenzo and Hall have a good chance to make the semis and possibly even better. Cutch can make the quarters and possibly even the semis. Nevils has a great chance to finish 4th or 5th. On top of that no team scores bonus points the way PS does. The crazy thing is that even with 7/8 wrestlers that they are still capable of winning the Championship. I cannot wait for this tourny to start. Let's all just take a breathe and ENJOY!

I understand that many of us want PS to win the points championship but who really gives a $hit if they don't. Good God, to read the same posts over and over again is getting painful. PS is without NicK S who would have cruised to the quarters and maybe even the semis. They are without Cortez who certainly would have given them points. Jimmy is absolutely capable of scoring points. Zain and Nolf will most likely be champs. Nikal has a great shot to make the finals. Cenzo and Hall have a good chance to make the semis and possibly even better. Cutch can make the quarters and possibly even the semis. Nevils has a great chance to finish 4th or 5th. On top of that no team scores bonus points the way PS does. The crazy thing is that even with 7/8 wrestlers that they are still capable of winning the Championship. I cannot wait for this tourny to start. Let's all just take a breathe and ENJOY!
excellent post.

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
Oh man just read this about Nick and it makes me sick. Kid is a beast and does everything right, and for this to happen just sucks. I am sure our wrestlers are going to wrestle out of their minds to pick up the slack. Get better Champ, you had an amazing year!!!

Reactions: BDB57
Dang, I just had to to see what I was missing. On this one I definitely agree with you. You had 8 scoring wrestlers the last time you won with 8.
Lol...Is their an Okla State board ? I have never in my life went to another board to post something...Lmao

Lol...Is their an Okla State board ? I have never in my life went to another board to post something...Lmao

Nope this is the only board that exists for college wrestling. It's not even worth trying to find another one to post on because there isn't a single one.

It IS a three team race.

Oklahoma State, Ohio State, and Iowa.

Only if this were true...you guys have the most solid 7 out of everybody. All three teams would have to have things go really right for them plus a few of your seven to have crappy tourneys. Iowa has three "Jimmys" which is to say we would need 2/3 to get to Rd of 12 or better plus our guys perform to seed (or better). If Cory Clark was healthy and we had Sam Stoll...than I would agree we could be in the thick of things. But we don't.

Ohhhhh....I get it. 21...are you one of those guys that takes a test, internally knows you nailed it but told everybody you crashed and burned because you didn't want to raise your expectations? Is this some type of head fake on the wrestling Gods?

Just scanned over most of the thread, too much complaining about wrestling national dual championship. Be glad the program is that good. Injuries happen, last year Nevills got hurt at practice.
In the great run PSU has had at Nationals , I wouldn't be surprised if they benefited from an injury on an opposing team. Get 4 finalist, and 2 more guys wrestling for 3rd and let's see what happens. If we get beat, some team wrestled real good.

Big Tens is a totally different tournament. Non 7 wrestlers for Ohio State with no bonus is a whopping 3 points and that's if Burcher wins two in Consis and Pletcher goes chalk. If it goes chalk Penn State has a 7.5 lead in placement and advancement.

Actually, Pletcher is one of the 7. tOSU's non-7 who scored 15 points at Bigs were Ryan, Rodriguez and Burcher.

Ryan didn't qualify and I doubt the other 2 score 3 points between them.

Actually, Pletcher is one of the 7. tOSU's non-7 who scored 15 points at Bigs were Ryan, Rodriguez and Burcher.

Ryan didn't qualify and I doubt the other 2 score 3 points between them.
On the top 7 scoring totem pole v Buckeyes:

1. Nolf - Snyder
2. Zain - NATO
3. Nickal - Bojo
4-6Nevills, Cenzo or Hall - Martin, Moore or Micah
7. Matt - Pletcher

Our 7 can (and will in my opinion) outscore their 7. Only other part of the equation is Rodriguez and Burcher v Jimmy. Don't see either side scoring many there.

My main concern is the other OSU. Need some of their guys getting knocked out relatively early. Get them down to 8 fairly soon and they don't have the firepower

Reactions: purescurve
OSU would have to have a perfect tournament. And they did it two weeks ago. I don't think that they can do it again

Not with 7 scoring wrestlers.

Guns - I disagree. It can be done with 7 (see 2016 and others I'm sure). We may not be the favorites right now, but it's a long 3 days and our team has the firepower to win it all. I fell that it depends on the outcome of multiple matchups across the brackets and undoubtedly a little fortune..... and that is not just a recipe for PSU, that is the recipe for the team that comes out on top this year. Let's hope it's our boys.

I ask one favor. Get your glass half full, lift your chin up, and be greatful that we have such a great group of young men to cheer for this weekend. GO STATE!!

Reactions: 21Guns
I get being concerned about Suriano's injury to our chances winning it all. I don't get claiming the event is hopeless for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT