ADVERTISEMENT

Suriano out

I am hopeful that Gun's prediction of not a chance to win does as well as his prediction that Franklin stunk as head coach of PSU football and the dark ages were back upon PSU Football.... we saw how well that worked out.

You have both of your stories wrong. I never said that Franklin stunk, first of all, and I never said psu didn't have a chance in this tournament.

I said that unless PSU had 8 scoring wrestlers, it would finish anywhere from 2nd to 4th.

8 scoring wrestlers, or no title, THAT is what I said.

You have both of your stories wrong. I never said that Franklin stunk, first of all, and I never said psu didn't have a chance in this tournament.

I said that unless PSU had 8 scoring wrestlers, it would finish anywhere from 2nd to 4th.

8 scoring wrestlers, or no title, THAT is what I said.

So you never said PSU Football was returning to the dark ages? (do I really need to do a cut and paste and embarrass you here) Let's not even get into your predictions on records. Good to see most here have caught on to your predictions. LOL... Almost time to kick it all off enjoy the tourney folks.

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
So you never said PSU Football was returning to the dark ages? (do I really need to do a cut and paste and embarrass you here) Let's not even get into your predictions on records. Good to see most here have caught on to your predictions. LOL... Almost time to kick it all off enjoy the tourney folks.

Shouldn't have trouble finding it. If he said it once I'm sure he said it 100 times.

I think PSU can win with 7 but I don't want to prove Guns wrong by it happening. I don't want to see 7 scorers for 1 main reason.

I don't care what fans think of Jimmy. Jimmy has killed himself for 5 years, he hasn't met his own expectations. I want Jimmy to have a major hand in Penn State winning the team national title. I want Jimmy to go out on a high note as one of the main reasons the title is going back to University Park. I don't want to think about 7 wrestlers. Let's go Jimmy.

For what it's worth, we ran into Nick's father at Roosters diner in STL this morning. Nick's ankle was broken. They were hoping (Nick's desire) to get him to 75% and compete. Cael and the family spoke the other night that Nick couldn't protect himself and they needed to call it off. His Dad said although Nick is crushed he's been amazed and grateful at the support he's received from the wrestling community.

30 minutes from Nationals and you are hung up on somebody's post history on a message board. NOBODY cares.

I think PSU can win with 7 but I don't want to prove Guns wrong by it happening. I don't want to see 7 scorers for 1 main reason.

I don't care what fans think of Jimmy. Jimmy has killed himself for 5 years, he hasn't met his own expectations. I want Jimmy to have a major hand in Penn State winning the team national title. I want Jimmy to go out on a high note as one of the main reasons the title is going back to University Park. I don't want to think about 7 wrestlers. Let's go Jimmy.

Why the hell do you think I've been posting this over and over again?

Nobody wants Jimmy to win more than me, except Jimmy, I hope.

If this has been discussed tell me to shut the hell up but has anyone ever wrestled with a cast on? Is it permissible?

My thought process is Suriano could still AA with a cast on his leg as long as the pain is gone. I shattered my ankle years ago but a couple weeks later and a cast on walking around I didn't even feel it really.

Reactions: Dogwelder
There is a famous quote... something like "Arguing with a fool proves there are two" or something like that.
Another is "Do not argue with an idiot, they will beat you with there experience every time". Can also substitute "9 year old" for idiot. Not intended for anyone in particular.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
If this has been discussed tell me to shut the hell up but has anyone ever wrestled with a cast on? Is it permissible?

My thought process is Suriano could still AA with a cast on his leg as long as the pain is gone. I shattered my ankle years ago but a couple weeks later and a cast on walking around I didn't even feel it really.

Your name is "Herkuleez" for christ sake, of course you were walking around without pain!

No, a wrestler can't AA with a cast on their leg.

How is this relevant to what I said? Give us the scenario for us ending 4th.

Not even sure what the point is. The bottom line, is we need 8 scoring wrestlers to win this thing. 8 scoring wrestlers means Jimmy. Jimmy, took convincing...

(apologies to scriptwriter of "The Usual Suspects", lmao.)

Not even sure what the point is. The bottom line, is we need 8 scoring wrestlers to win this thing. 8 scoring wrestlers means Jimmy. Jimmy, took convincing...

(apologies to scriptwriter of "The Usual Suspects", lmao.)

You said we could end 2nd-4th if we don't have 8 scoring wrestlers. I'm asking for the scenario of us ending 4th and you aren't giving one. The only reason it's relevant is because you are the one who brought it up.

For what it's worth, we ran into Nick's father at Roosters diner in STL this morning. Nick's ankle was broken. They were hoping (Nick's desire) to get him to 75% and compete. Cael and the family spoke the other night that Nick couldn't protect himself and they needed to call it off. His Dad said although Nick is crushed he's been amazed and grateful at the support he's received from the wrestling community.
If that is the case I think Cael just lost a lot of credibility with the wrestling community in general.

You said we could end 2nd-4th if we don't have 8 scoring wrestlers. I'm asking for the scenario of us ending 4th and you aren't giving one. The only reason it's relevant is because you are the one who brought it up.
Iowa wrestles out of their minds, and Hall, MM, NN don't

Why would that be?
"For what it's worth, we ran into Nick's father at Roosters diner in STL this morning. Nick's ankle was broken. They were hoping (Nick's desire) to get him to 75% and compete. Cael and the family spoke the other night that Nick couldn't protect himself and they needed to call it off"

That sounds slightly different than what Cael was saying all along. (definitely different than how it was discussed on here by more than a few, who apparently knew less than I did). If it was a broken ankle, or arch, or whatever, it ain't healing in 4 weeks without a miracle. Different circumstance with a sprain entirely.

A lot of wrestling is based on trust between the coaches-may not like each other, and fight like hell for their kids, but have to have that trust (seeding, scheduling, etc all require it)

JMO

Just curious for those of you attending the show. Did anyone see Nick walking around the areana or interacting with team.? I was wondering if he had a noticeable limp.? After hearing a couple of comments it sounded like Nick wanted to go but Cael had final say on the decision.

I also heard from a very reliable source that Nick's ankle was broken. I heard it the Monday following the OSU match but was told to keep it quiet.

I also heard from a very reliable source that Nick's ankle was broken. I heard it the Monday following the OSU match but was told to keep it quiet.
In the intro to the wrestling coverage last night, ESPN showed the injury occurring, from the angle shown, broken ankle is the logical conclusion.

I don't fault PSU for trying to get him good enough to wrestle, I think they were hoping maybe he could get through day 1 and get a couple of points.

"For what it's worth, we ran into Nick's father at Roosters diner in STL this morning. Nick's ankle was broken. They were hoping (Nick's desire) to get him to 75% and compete. Cael and the family spoke the other night that Nick couldn't protect himself and they needed to call it off"

That sounds slightly different than what Cael was saying all along. (definitely different than how it was discussed on here by more than a few, who apparently knew less than I did). If it was a broken ankle, or arch, or whatever, it ain't healing in 4 weeks without a miracle. Different circumstance with a sprain entirely.

A lot of wrestling is based on trust between the coaches-may not like each other, and fight like hell for their kids, but have to have that trust (seeding, scheduling, etc all require it)

JMO
I didn't see the above post. No sense of my above thread , sorry.

I posted the night of the OSU dial that their treatment of it post-match was more consistent with a break than a sprain. I figured all the posturing was hoping for a miraculous recovery to something where (6 weeks) or longer is the norm.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Coaches will take a negative situation and use it as a positive to rally a cause of a team.I am certain Gulibon was reminded how important a couple of points can have a bearing on a tournament when you have a short roster.
Most intruiging on how the Suriano injury played out, was Cael making the decision to not wrestle him risking more injury. Cael will be able to use this as proof to families that he will make proper decisions for their child that put the" person" ahead of the "athlete".

JMO
Just as there are different degrees of sprain, there are different types of breaks. And, it is often said that a break can be better than a sprain. I think they were giving Nick every last opportunity to wrestle for Nick, as much as for the team, even to the point of him wrestling (or trying) in the room on Monday. What I heard Monday night (from a guy that has a ton of the right contacts) was Nick had good mobility forward and back, but side to side was bad.

So, do you often take the word of random internet strangers as gospel?

What I heard Monday night (from a guy that has a ton of the right contacts) was Nick had good mobility forward and back, but side to side was bad.

So, do you often take the word of random internet strangers as gospel?
Are you saying that people like Lionfan83 (who heard it from Nick's dad directly), davidtaylorgangordie,(who heard it from a very reliable source), and Spyker (whom Cael emailed and texted to disseminate false info) are not reliable posters of gospel? How do I know your guy has the right contacts?

Man, am I disappointed....;)

But I do see boroscott's point.

Reactions: purescurve
Spyker is mentally ill. You shouldn't take anything he says seriously. He's never been in the wrestling room at PSU.
Lol..I would be more then happy and take you in. Been in numerous times....It's all good bro. Send me a message and we can hook up....

Are you saying that people like Lionfan83 (who heard it from Nick's dad directly), davidtaylorgangordie,(who heard it from a very reliable source), and Spyker (whom Cael emailed and texted to disseminate false info) are not reliable posters of gospel? How do I know your guy has the right contacts?

Man, am I disappointed....;)

But I do see boroscott's point.
I'm still having a hard time differentiating between what Cael was saying versus what Nick's Dad said, and what "the other night at dinner" means. Message was posted yesterday at 11:30 AM. So, what did Cael say on Monday that conflicts with what Nick's Dad said on Thursday?

Just because someone has preconceived notions about whether you can wrestle on a break or not, doesn't mean they are right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT