ADVERTISEMENT

Stout to Pitt?

If you want to wrestle but you see a raptor, a back dr and a beard in your way you head to sPitt.

Wish him the best!

Reactions: garw
197 lber from Mt. Lebanon. RS FR this season. What was his HS resume? Cassar only true 197 lber left on the Current roster.
Undefeated 182 AAA state champ SR year, beat Jakobsen in the final. Runner-up to Zavatsky the year before. IIRC ranked roughly 10th in his weight nationally.

Good wrestler and capable of starting at many schools. Should qualify for nationals, which by itself immediately upgrades the weight for Pitt. Not sure he's quite at the podium yet, but maybe with a break or two.

Dietrich-Stout-Solomon is not a bad back end of the lineup for them.

Reactions: diggerpup
Undefeated 182 AAA state champ SR year, beat Jakobsen in the final. Runner-up to Zavatsky the year before. IIRC ranked roughly 10th in his weight nationally.

Good wrestler and capable of starting at many schools. Should qualify for nationals, which by itself immediately upgrades the weight for Pitt. Not sure he's quite at the podium yet, but maybe with a break or two.

35th overall coming out of High School, 5th highest of the predicted 184 lber's.

Lack of offense in HS was often cited and not sure anything got much different in his two years here. Speaking of lack of offense, I'm wondering how Jakobsen will do at Lehigh. Didn't see much of him in the way of results last year, but was pretty high on him as an athlete. He just never did anything on O in HS but he certainly seemed to have the high end you look for in athlete to blossom at the next level - more so than Stout I thought.

Wrestling at 184 as a true Fr he went 12-3 in open tourneys. As RS Fr, wrestling at 197, he went 6-6.

Rutger's 125 lber - Paetzell - to transfer to Lehigh. He wants to train with Cruz. Seems to be more than that since he was the potential starter at RU.

Wish Stout well.
When he chose PSU over Pitt it shocked the Pitt staff. The kid grew up wrestling around in the Pitt wrestling room.

Rutger's 125 lber - Paetzell - to transfer to Lehigh. He wants to train with Cruz. Seems to be more than that since he was the potential starter at RU.
Probably because the Rutgers Cruiseliner docked at Bucknell and picked up Firestone.

Reactions: Dross67
The Rutgers fan base seems to think a potential recruit named Glory may have played a role in his decision. Don't know anything about the kid. Insiders promise to provide additional clarification. At least Suriano transferring to Rutgers wasn't mentioned and last I heard Nick Nevills is still committed to PSU.

Reactions: PSU James
Was expecting him to perform better than he did this year. Thought he had a pretty good redshirt year. Luckily, it appears that Rasheed is sticking around. I imagine he will challenge Cassar for the 197 spot.

The Rutgers fan base seems to think a potential recruit named Glory may have played a role in his decision. Don't know anything about the kid. Insiders promise to provide additional clarification. At least Suriano transferring to Rutgers wasn't mentioned and last I heard Nick Nevills is still committed to PSU.
Not quite. The Rutgers fan base is spitballing Glory's name because he's from NJ. They have no evidence that he's even considering them at all.

Rutgers fans seem to think that every NJ prospect wants to go there because New Jersey, and forgets that they've missed out on nearly every elite prospect except Ashnault.

Was expecting him to perform better than he did this year. Thought he had a pretty good redshirt year. Luckily, it appears that Rasheed is sticking around. I imagine he will challenge Cassar for the 197 spot.
Why no talk of Cutch? Last I heard he was coming back for his last year of eligibility.

Reactions: psualt
Why no talk of Cutch? Last I heard he was coming back for his last year of eligibility.

There isn't much in terms of actual real results that indicate anyone will unseat Cutch's spot at 97.

There was talk that he was leaving, but that from all public accounts was unsubstantiated.

Not quite. The Rutgers fan base is spitballing Glory's name because he's from NJ. They have no evidence that he's even considering them at all.

Rutgers fans seem to think that every NJ prospect wants to go there because New Jersey, and forgets that they've missed out on nearly every elite prospect except Ashnault.

And Ashnault is starting to look like a bit of a cautionary tale with his results. He's done very well (8,4 and 7), but has not quite met expectations. With his resume coming into college, the top of the podium would have seemed like a reasonable result (his HS career was better than Molinaro's, for example). I think Rutgers had high hopes he would become a national champ and give the program a big boost. I don't know if a recruit would believe he would meet his full potential under the current regime.

Alex Mackall from Walsh Jesuit might be a stumbling block for Paetzell. He's an incoming red-shirt freshman whom the coaching staff seems to really like.

And Ashnault is starting to look like a bit of a cautionary tale with his results. He's done very well (8,4 and 7), but has not quite met expectations. With his resume coming into college, the top of the podium would have seemed like a reasonable result (his HS career was better than Molinaro's, for example). I think Rutgers had high hopes he would become a national champ and give the program a big boost. I don't know if a recruit would believe he would meet his full potential under the current regime.

Alex Mackall from Walsh Jesuit might be a stumbling block for Paetzell. He's an incoming red-shirt freshman whom the coaching staff seems to really like.
agree, not getting higher on the podium has to be tough. otoh, he has a chance to finish as a 4x aa. that's not too shabby.

Cup-half-empty. Ashnault is on the door-step of being a 4-time AA, something less than 1% of all D1 wrestlers attain. Sure, every kid wants to be a National Champ, even once, very few do. I say congrats to the young man for a stellar, albeit not yet done, career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT