ADVERTISEMENT

Amusing Wrestle-Off Result From Columbus

I’ve been away a while, so help me out — why is the result funny? Has Kharchla become a dick or something in the offseason?

Only because yet another Ohio State guy can't get off bottom.

Death and taxes ...
If Kharchla goes 174 next year when Smith graduates, as rumored, he’s effectively giving Carter two free points.

Losing a point from not escaping and giving Carter a riding time point. People like to call Carter “Stallracci” because he doesn’t turn a lot of people on top, but the rules don’t require that you do that. And Carter has learned Casey’s ankle ride better than most. Carter puts a ride on just about anyone, when he goes for it, and a tOSU guy who sucks on bottom is ripe for the picking.

Last edited:
Only because yet another Ohio State guy can't get off bottom.

Death and taxes ...
Thanks for the help.

***WARNING: Broken Record***
tOSU kind of has a tradition of good wrestlers not being anywhere near top form during Oct-Dec. Not to say they then discover how to get off bottom, but they at least start beating their backups by Jan.

I kind of see this season as an inflection point for Kharchla. Curious to see which way he goes.

Reactions: vhsalum
People like to call Carter “Stallracci” because he doesn’t turn a lot of people on top, but the rules don’t require that you do that. And Carter has learned Casey’s ankle ride better than most. Carter puts a ride on just about anyone, when he goes for it, and a tOSU guy who sucks on bottom is ripe for the picking.
$10 says we are going to see a different Carter this year. I say he will deliver a significant jump in bonus percentage from last year, and will finish at or next to the top in bonus percentage for the team. Just listen to him, he will not be satisfied with just wins, he wants to dominate, and of course, have fun.

I wonder if Ryan has considered that Life Alert is an NIL match made in heaven for the Bucknuts? Could be a big assist in the drive for another recruiting national championship.
LOL Ryan is happy with recruiting tites NCAA he could care less!

Man, people are really upset by what I felt was an extremely harmless little laugh at a rival.
It was definitely harmless, but that doesn’t mean sensitive bucknut fans, won’t be offended. By the way, I’ve noticed the offended party has yet to identify the offending post and they won’t, because that would ultimately lead to more folly trying to justify their original complaint.

$10 says we are going to see a different Carter this year. I say he will deliver a significant jump in bonus percentage from last year, and will finish at or next to the top in bonus percentage for the team. Just listen to him, he will not be satisfied with just wins, he wants to dominate, and of course, have fun.
Totally agree. His wrestling continues to evolve and each year he has less and less competition that he won’t be able to simply dominate.

you guys said this about him last year and have said it about aaron brooks for 2 years. styles are very important for bonus production. starocci and brooks are both positionally sound takedown artists and control riders. it is really really hard to rack up a ton of bonus trading 2 for 1 if you're not catching people in scrambles or turning people on top.

doesn't make them less good or even less dominant. same goes for rby who is more talented than both imo.

Reactions: PSUbluTX
I’m as high on Carter’s abilities as anyone, and maybe I’m just missing something, but I wouldn’t take anything for granted against Lewis this year.
The Lewis match(es) will be the real deal. Carter said the match won't go the distance which I realistically read more as his level of confidence than a prediction of a pin or tech. I think a comfortable 2-3 point cushion decision is likely. Other than that, Carter is going to tear it up this year against all but the top 4. I think his performance at world's is a glimpse into where he is at mentally & physically. 4 techs and one 8 point move from a Gold medal.

you guys said this about him last year and have said it about aaron brooks for 2 years. styles are very important for bonus production. starocci and brooks are both positionally sound takedown artists and control riders. it is really really hard to rack up a ton of bonus trading 2 for 1 if you're not catching people in scrambles or turning people on top.

doesn't make them less good or even less dominant. same goes for rby who is more talented than both imo.
Well Brooks’ bonus rate went up 14 percent last year and Starocci’s jumped 31 percent, so it’s not that far fetched.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT