ADVERTISEMENT

Stop feeding the frustratedTrolls on HR

I considered going over to offer bman an update on the temperature in Rec Hall on Sunday, since it was pretty warm, and he seems to be keeping track of that kind of thing, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Do you suppose he keeps a chart?

Reactions: PSUbluTX
I considered going over to offer bman an update on the temperature in Rec Hall on Sunday, since it was pretty warm, and he seems to be keeping track of that kind of thing, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Do you suppose he keeps a chart?
Pa, not much different saying something snide over here than there. They monitor of course.
You guys don't condone some of us trolling there, fine, but don't consider trolling them here not trolling.

The sport is generating a lot of passion among several schools now when it was stagnant during the Dan years at Iowa as they consistently won it all. That makes for a stagnant fandom when there is no opportunity to win, it seems.

Then Dan retired, Cael came along and took an opportunity to coach in a traditionally hotbed of high school talent and he began to build, very quickly, a dynasty, sort of like Iowa have for what seemed forever. Cael hit the perfect storm as talent followed him and his talent. Now OSU is also building a great team to challenge PSU and Iowa. That was unheard of 20 years ago. Now two very large public universities have rejoined the wrestling elite and the conference has undoubtedly become the giant of college wrestling. All wrestling points to the Big 10 Conference for excellence. The best wrestle the best here no matter your school it is where you come to wrestle the best and become the best.

So any hard feelings at Iowa really should be turned into a surprising win (compliment to your program) for college wrestling which was slowly dying and now has returned to not only conference popularity but national popularity. It takes some competition to do this and a constantly dominant program with no serious, continuing challengers is not healthy for the sport. The sport is not healthy and if PSU continues to hold the top position as Iowa did it will go back to being a less popular sport needing real challengers who win the NCAA's occasionally as well as the Big 10 conf. Having dominance is not healthy for the sport even though I'm a life long Nittany Lion I understand we can't stay on top like Iowa did and have a healthy sport. But we sure can try!

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
The sport is generating a lot of passion among several schools now when it was stagnant during the Dan years at Iowa as they consistently won it all. That makes for a stagnant fandom when there is no opportunity to win, it seems.

Then Dan retired, Cael came along and took an opportunity to coach in a traditionally hotbed of high school talent and he began to build, very quickly, a dynasty, sort of like Iowa have for what seemed forever. Cael hit the perfect storm as talent followed him and his talent. Now OSU is also building a great team to challenge PSU and Iowa. That was unheard of 20 years ago. Now two very large public universities have rejoined the wrestling elite and the conference has undoubtedly become the giant of college wrestling. All wrestling points to the Big 10 Conference for excellence. The best wrestle the best here no matter your school it is where you come to wrestle the best and become the best.

So any hard feelings at Iowa really should be turned into a surprising win (compliment to your program) for college wrestling which was slowly dying and now has returned to not only conference popularity but national popularity. It takes some competition to do this and a constantly dominant program with no serious, continuing challengers is not healthy for the sport. The sport is not healthy and if PSU continues to hold the top position as Iowa did it will go back to being a less popular sport needing real challengers who win the NCAA's occasionally as well as the Big 10 conf. Having dominance is not healthy for the sport even though I'm a life long Nittany Lion I understand we can't stay on top like Iowa did and have a healthy sport. But we sure can try!

Exciting wrestling is great. Who of us missed a Tyson fight. Need more TV coverage to really grow the sport as long as it isn't PPV in any way.

To be fair, all of wrestling went slow for about 15 years until Cael showed up in Happy Valley. Yes...I know there were exceptions, but by an large, wrestling was reduced to using the circle as a means of defense and risk reduction, riding, and zero action on the feet. Referees simply would not enforce stalling rules that were in place and the sport stagnated. Cael coaches his style and pushes the wrestler to take chances and score score score. Combine that with the new boundary stalling rules (where even inconsistent calling has a positive effect) and the sport is moving again. So it wasn’t just Brands falling into slow-dom, it was Lehigh, Cornell, Minnesota, name the team. Today it’s much more exciting....it’s just that TNT haven’t moved with it. They are outstanding coaches. I remain confused only by the apparent lack of interest to have wrestler s push the pace. I would not want to see them gone, tho.

With Lee, Kemerer, Warner & Cassioppi.........times they are a changin'

I don't think many boards would tolerate a troll like 'Vodka' as long as we've tolerated him here.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
I was certain I had read somewhere you had to have 8. My mistake.
True, there was the woe is me crowd that was on here last year. Missed your sarcasm.

If you look at the talent Penn State, Ohio State and Oklahoma State is bringing in, 8 scorers might become a reality. It used to be, score 100 points, you almost always won the team title, not the case anymore.

Pa, not much different saying something snide over here than there. They monitor of course.
You guys don't condone some of us trolling there, fine, but don't consider trolling them here not trolling.
So, you're saying I should give a Rec Hall weather report over there?

Reactions: purescurve
You can win with 6 really big scorers which PSU demonstrated last year. Although not easy.
Those 6 scorers of which 5 were champs is a rarity. Also the bonus points were more than the equivalent of another champion. Typically you need 7-8 scorers. The reason being is because someone else will have 6-7 scorers.

Frustration all over twitter too. Invariably an anti-Cael or PSU tweet (such as a snarky question for the FRL boys) comes from an Iowa address or an account holder who is clearly a Hawkeye fan. Even the Denver Broncos long snapper from Iowa rents space to Cael in his head.

Reactions: nitlion6
"Oh Vodka"? "You won't see him no more."

Per Vodka on HR, he has been banned, is that what you are inferring? Here is what he said.

I'd call you out for being a moron directly on BWI, but your mod banned me for calling one of your posters an idiot for saying that in a few years Lee will only be winning matches by a few points after enduring years of coaching by the Brands. (Hilarious that the mod banned me for that, yet the countless other BWI posters who slung insults and profanities at me were unmodded).

Has he been banned?

Penn State had eight scoring wrestlers last year.
Well aware, they got 4.5 at 141 and 4 at 197, 8.5 total which is close to equivalent to a wrestler finishing in 6th without bonus points.

I think most years if you can get big points from 4 to 5 wrestlers and some small points from another 2 to 3 wrestlers, you have an outstanding chance of winning nationals.

Per Vodka on HR, he has been banned, is that what you are inferring? Here is what he said.

I'd call you out for being a moron directly on BWI, but your mod banned me for calling one of your posters an idiot for saying that in a few years Lee will only be winning matches by a few points after enduring years of coaching by the Brands. (Hilarious that the mod banned me for that, yet the countless other BWI posters who slung insults and profanities at me were unmodded).

Has he been banned?

He must have been because his vile commentary would still be spewing forth otherwise.

Has he been banned?
Typical.

If he were banned, he openly justified it by volunteering that he would've repeated the offending behavior. (As if his lack of restraint were in doubt.)

Hilarious that he feels entitled to re-enact the scorched earth policy here. "But but but they get to do it to me in their own house." Waah.

The only downside is his martyrdom in places we don't have to look. Good riddance.

6 years ago I quoted your line, "the times, they are a changing" on a neutral wrestling board (in fun) to a hawkeye fan who was talking up Iowa wrestling. He responded back, "In the words of another famous American. . .'not so fast, my friend.'" We've seen how that has turned out. Your quote brought back a pleasant memory. And--Peter, Paul & Mary would be proud!

Reactions: Sportfan2017
"Oh Vodka"? "You won't see him no more."
Really? Who then will inform us of our realistic chances of finishing third behind the Hawks then the Nuts. You know that 1 in 20,000 realistic possibility.

How will we know how much Spencer gets for doing summer clinics? Oh woo is me.

Do we need to ask for a breathalyzer test from any newly created accounts?
JT promised not to show him that trick. After half a dozen Vodka shots off of Miss Hawkeye Homecoming Queen I am uncertain JT will remember what he promised though.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
My observation, after many years on forums, is that some moderators do pull the (ban) trigger quicker than others, though that's to be expected. Seems to be more of a "body-of-work" thing, and never just one post.

You can't win a title without 8 scoring wrestlers. You need 8. You have 4. You need 4 transfers.

I was referring to boring wrestlers....not how they stack up at NCAA's. The four I mentioned all have high motors and are fun to watch. BTW....there is no 'You have 4" I am a PSU fan...............just commenting on the fact that Iowa has/is getting some really fun guys to watch.

The only downside is his martyrdom in places we don't have to look. Good riddance.
Yeah, in a way he got exactly what he wanted. Now he can whine about the quick triggered mods on BWI. Problem is, some of those guys on HR read this board, and probably know that this was not the result of an isolated incident. I thought that the mods here were quite patient with Sir Smirnoff. But yeah, good riddance.

Typical.

If he were banned, he openly justified it by volunteering that he would've repeated the offending behavior. (As if his lack of restraint were in doubt.)

Hilarious that he feels entitled to re-enact the scorched earth policy here. "But but but they get to do it to me in their own house." Waah.

He just NEVER stopped! He did not know how to let anything go...

thom67 said:
Actuall Joe's stature was removed with a huge protest from PSU fans. After a year or so, because of PSU fans, the stature was put back up!

Actual quote from Ignorant HR poster. Troll or idiot?

thom67 said:
Actuall Joe's stature was removed with a huge protest from PSU fans. After a year or so, because of PSU fans, the stature was put back up!

Actual quote from Ignorant HR poster. Troll or idiot?
I always like to give most a benefit of the doubt and generally dismiss the idea of trolling, leaving only the latter.

I think I will wait and see how things develop before I conclude Hawks studs are a rasslin versus hand fighting for a maulin.

This. Warner is stud, but extremely boring style wise. Wrestles with great position and hand fighting. Top performing but not a lot of fun to watch.

Cassioppi is very offensive against other high school wrestlers- so was Brandon Sorensen. He and Kemdog will only overlap one year.

Cassioppi is a fine recruit, but he really doesn't belong in the same sentence as the other 3. Ironically, most Hawk fans didn't even know who he was until he flipped and then all of a sudden magically upon his verbal was transformed into the equivalent of a top 10 recruit, ready to challenge Steveson. Reality is he may be only the 4th best 285 out of the class.

Reactions: funkisfun12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT