ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers going for it this year, sign CB Joe Haden

Haden is a good guy. But his best days are far behind him. He was going to be second string with the Browns starting the season and at $11m, wasn't worth it. Just a case where his contract no longer matched his value. I hope he works out with the Steelers, I am glad for him and them.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Low risk and maybe he has more left in the tank. Given who he is coming from I am guessing he probably does and will find the fountain of youth and really rub it in against the Browns. haha

Like the move.

Low risk and maybe he has more left in the tank. Given who he is coming from I am guessing he probably does and will find the fountain of youth and really rub it in against the Browns. haha

Like the move.

3 years and $27m. Wowza. Wonder how much is guaranteed. Edit; $7m guaranteed this year.

And Cleveland is supposedly paying $4 million of his salary this year.

pretty ballsy move. Their cb's have not been good, even an older, slower Joe Haden better than what they currently have on the roster.
Can the Cleveland Browns do anything right?
They also got rid of 2015 1st round pick Cam Erving.
Was watching NFL network, think since like 2010 they only have 1 1st rd pick on the team.
They are always about the future. They are like 2.5 years away from being about 2.5 years away from being about 2.5 years away from being about 2.5 years away.
Next year they have like 13 draft picks. The only thing I can predict is they will find a way to screw it up. When SB goes pro after this year he should tell the Browns don't draft me.

And Cleveland is supposedly paying $4 million of his salary this year.
I believe that was his guaranteed salary but now that the Steelers are paying him at least that much (more) it comes off the Browns cap. So the Steelers decision to sign him helps the Browns from a cash flow and cap standpoint. If he had sat unsigned then the Browns would have eaten $4 million.

Haden is a good guy. But his best days are far behind him. He was going to be second string with the Browns starting the season and at $11m, wasn't worth it. Just a case where his contract no longer matched his value. I hope he works out with the Steelers, I am glad for him and them.
He's 28 years old and should be in his physical prime. He may have appeared to lose a step, but you can't blame a guy if he doesn't go all out while playing for the Browns. Great move by the Steelers.

Reactions: Obliviax
What's happened lately to that little CB Senquez Colson the Steelers got in the 2nd round in 2015?
Has he ever made it out of the training room?

I do think their 2016 #1 pick Artie Burns is going to be a good CB.

He's 28 years old and should be in his physical prime. He may have appeared to lose a step, but you can't blame a guy if he doesn't go all out while playing for the Browns. Great move by the Steelers.
He's also a great guy and good to have in the locker room.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
What's happened lately to that little CB Senquez Colson the Steelers got in the 2nd round in 2015?

That little guy will be a former Steeler by this weekend......

And so will a couple of other CB's.

They have two 2017 DB's that are pretty athletic and I don't believe they will risk losing them by trying to squeeze them onto the developmental squad...

I wonder if even their incumbent slot CB, Gay, will make the team....

I saw Senquez Golson quite a bit in SEC play and although small, I thought that he would be a very good nickle or dime cb as he was a great ball hawk at Mississippi.......he literally has not made it through a work out in 3 years, with 3 unrelated injuries. Can't see the Steelers keeping him, although he could turn into a player if healthy.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Haden was a top CB a few years ago. However he is a shadow of his former self after a couple of injury riddled years and was consistently getting burned in preseason and in training camp. He probably fits better in the Stoolers scheme where he will play more zone instead of man coverage that the Browns now currently employ.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Haden was a top CB a few years ago. However he is a shadow of his former self after a couple of injury riddled years and was consistently getting burned in preseason and in training camp. He probably fits better in the Steelers scheme where he will play more zone instead of man coverage that the Browns now currently employ.

Respect is earned. Bow down junior.

I fixed it for ya!

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Haden was a top CB a few years ago. However he is a shadow of his former self after a couple of injury riddled years and was consistently getting burned in preseason and in training camp. He probably fits better in the STEELERS scheme where he will play more zone instead of man coverage that the Browns now currently employ.

Respect is earned. Bow down junior.

I fixed it for ya!

Reactions: odshowtime
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT