ADVERTISEMENT

Status of the Following players for Indiana...

21Guns

Dec 10, 2013
Bellefonte
...Because I am fairly certain this staff will keep every one of them off the field vs Army....

Barkley?
Marcus Allen?
Jordan Lucas?
Akeel Lynch?
Andrew Nelson?
Adam Brenneman(until this staff declares him done, it needs answered)?
Chris Godwin?

The one I think we really need vs Army is Godwin, by the way.

Also, somebody needs to be brought up, because we can't run between the tackles with the two currently on the depth chart, who will it be? Is J. Thomas ready yet? If not, that leaves Robinson. Farmer moved to RB?

Well, in answer to your questions about injury status for Indiana:
1. the game is 12 days away, so nobody knows for sure how some of these guys will be by then
2. anybody that does know wouldn't say

...Because I am fairly certain this staff will keep every one of them off the field vs Army....

Barkley?
Marcus Allen?
Jordan Lucas?
Akeel Lynch?
Andrew Nelson?
Chris Godwin?

Also, somebody needs to be brought up, because we can't run between the tackles with the two currently on the depth chart, who will it be? Is J. Thomas ready yet? If not, that leaves Robinson. Farmer moved to RB?

I think someone needs to step back away from the keyboard. Turn off the monitor and computer. and take a break. Then turn off your TV, put down the remote, and go for a long walk. You need to calm down and relax.

Reactions: WDLion and CDLionFL
Noticed Marcus Allen in street clothes on the sideline. His arm was in a sling.

Rip - all NCAA players sign a waiver relative to HIPPA...so information can be released.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/HIPAA Buckley 2015-16.pdf

They are not required

From the document:

I am making this authorization/consent voluntarily
to release my health information otherwise protected by federal regulations under either the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) or the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (the Buckley Amendment). The NCAA and institution are not requiring this authorization/consent to be signed.

Maybe. Maybe not.

From the document:

I am making this authorization/consent voluntarily
to release my health information otherwise protected by federal regulations under either the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) or the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (the Buckley Amendment). The NCAA and institution are not requiring this authorization/consent to be signed.

Not only that, it looks to me like that releases information for research purposes. ..not for consumption by ESPN

I know but it seems that CJF has his own criteria ...call it the CJF HIPPA ... and certainly the waiver has limits.
It is strictly voluntary. Not mandatory. The NCAA is a coercive cartel, but does not have the authority to require anyone to give up HIPPA rights.

It is strictly voluntary. Not mandatory. The NCAA is a coercive cartel, but does not have the authority to require anyone to give up HIPPA rights.
here's another article, the basic question (I believe) , is the training staff of PSU a health care provider? If so, they are bond by Hippa, if not, they are not subject to Hippa (only health care providers are bond by hippa, not coaches so if a coach says 'I saw him sprain his ankle, he has not breached Hippa)

confusing at best.

http://www.rcfp.org/reporters-guide...eep-information-confidential-college-campuses

It's not as if we're the only team with injuries. The gophers and NW both have a number of key players out. Its football.

here's another article, the basic question (I believe) , is the training staff of PSU a health care provider? If so, they are bond by Hippa, if not, they are not subject to Hippa (only health care providers are bond by hippa, not coaches so if a coach says 'I saw him sprain his ankle, he has not breached Hippa)

confusing at best.

http://www.rcfp.org/reporters-guide...eep-information-confidential-college-campuses
Confusing for sure. PSU is extremely conservative these days in the application of the law in general. I wonder what advice Franklin has received?

I like this:

Mark Goodman, executive director of the Student Press Law Center, said the center would advise reporters to always argue that HIPAA does not apply to information about an athlete's injury.

"But in all honesty, we would recognize that interpretation of the law is suspect," he said.

Goodman is not particularly anxious to push the issue in court for fear it might lead to bad precedent -- especially since many reporters "are finding other ways to get the information," Goodman said.

I guess "bad precedent" = less access to information.

Barkley?
Marcus Allen?
Jordan Lucas?
Akeel Lynch?
Andrew Nelson?
Chris Godwin?

Allen,Scott, and Thomas will most likely see time this week. I don't see them burning Robinson's RS for Army. Maybe a longer term question though. Also, don't see Farmer moving to RB.

Who do you expect to answer this. CJF won't say. Maybe the Pope knows.....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT