ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Lee's denouement as a collegiate wrestler ends with a pin!

19333lion

Jan 30, 2016
Unfortunately for the one who got away from Cael, it found him on his back and his mom's glasses in pieces. The kid had an amazing career. It' hard to believe that it ended with him looking at the lights. He would have looked great in Blue and White....

There are other "team" sports like wrestling. Track and swimming (minus the relay events), x-country, and gymnastics are some examples. Collective individual's performances earn points for the team. It's a "team" sport, but it isn't.

Having participated in track in HS, I somewhat thought about how my effort would impact the team, but really when the gun went off it was me against the clock. (The clock usually won. lol)

Spencer Lee isn't the first, or last, athlete to know the "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat". Just ask Jim McKay and Vinko Bogataj. As sports fans we've all seen that there are good ways, and then better ways, to deal with each.

Last edited:
There are other "team" sports like wrestling. Track and swimming (minus the relay events), x-country, and gymnastics are some examples. Collective individual's performances earn points for the team. It's a "team" sport, but it isn't.

Having participated in track in HS, I somewhat thought about how my effort would impact the team, but really when the gun went off it was me against the clock. (The clock usually won. lol)

Spencer Lee isn't the first athlete to know the "thrill of victory and the agony of defeat". Just ask Jim McKay and Vinko Bogataj. As sports fans we've all seen that there are good ways, and then better ways, to deal with each.

I threw the javelin. We even had a javelin relay. Fortunately, no one had to catch one!

I was in Des Moines, for the PSU hoops games, at a bar on Friday watching the Lee match. When he was pinned the place went dead silent. People were shocked that he lost. I know I was.

Reactions: hlstone
This was his 6th career loss and 2nd time being pinned. He gave up back points at least 3 times to Ramos this year. Not shocked that he lost with his injuries. Enjoyed the Iowa fans reaction immensely!

Reactions: PSU621 and hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT