ADVERTISEMENT

Spanier Avoids Jailtime?

Someone needs to tell her the cover-up claim was tossed out early in the process. She and Shapiro claiming that's one of the reasons for the appeal is a bit disingenuous.

I just read her quite more closely, she says “@PAAttorneyGen stands up for anyone who covers up abuse.”

I guess she is talking about the second mile? Quite the Freudian slip.

I've said it pretty much since this whole thing started, but watching what the government can and will do to someone they don't like should stop us all in our tracks. I don't care what anyone's thoughts are about Spanier as a person or as the president of PSU. Watching the lengths the Commonwealth will go to just to be able to say "we got a conviction!" should terrify everybody. Because if we give them the power to do it to Spanier just because we happen not to like him or think he should be punished, well, just because someone somewhere HAS to be punished, then we're giving them the power to do the exact same thing to each of us.

Shapiro essentially has unchecked power as the AG. He's a very dangerous man. The fact that he is completely unscrupulous and will do and say anything for media attention makes him all the more dangerous.

I've said it pretty much since this whole thing started, but watching what the government can and will do to someone they don't like should stop us all in our tracks. I don't care what anyone's thoughts are about Spanier as a person or as the president of PSU. Watching the lengths the Commonwealth will go to just to be able to say "we got a conviction!" should terrify everybody. Because if we give them the power to do it to Spanier just because we happen not to like him or think he should be punished, well, just because someone somewhere HAS to be punished, then we're giving them the power to do the exact same thing to each of us.

Shapiro essentially has unchecked power as the AG. He's a very dangerous man. The fact that he is completely unscrupulous and will do and say anything for media attention makes him all the more dangerous.
This. This is absolutely the point.

And in a sane world the media would call him out on your points, but alas, we have learned the world in which we live is far from that. Good post, Madsol.

Yes, and the vast majority us don't have Penn State paying our legal fees, so even if we managed to "win" we'd be financially ruined. I think the magistrate made the right call. I just hope the AG doesn't have a fix in somehow. I put nothing past this guy. He may be a bigger scumbag than Fina.

Yes, and the vast majority us don't have Penn State paying our legal fees, so even if we managed to "win" we'd be financially ruined. I think the magistrate made the right call. I just hope the AG doesn't have a fix in somehow. I put nothing past this guy. He may be a bigger scumbag than Fina.
Guess what happens if he loses his bid to become Governor? He'll be a judge in no time. Fun.

Reactions: step.eng69
As simpleminded as you tend to be, you're not arrogant enough to be CR666. Either that, or you lost your landing rights at Teterboro, tempering your narcicissm.
Does that mean Zipay the Pinhead isn’t having fun yet? Yow!
images_400x400.jpeg

A year or so ago we were in State College and stoped at Champ's. While at the restuarant, l had this terrible idea of having 21Guns paged. Giggling, l mentioned this to Kar and she dominantly informed me it would be terrible for me.
That would have been hilarious to anyone in our McAndrew community that happened to be present. Of course, if Gunsie herself were present, you would have found yourself in a hair pulling contest in the parking lot. BBWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAHAHAHH!

Reactions: 91Joe95
There is a lot of revisionist history or confirmation bias in many folks’ memory of Joe’s record. People forget about the following seasons:
1970 7-3
1975 9-3
1976 7-5
1979 8-4
1983 8-4-1
1984 6-5
1988 5-6
1989 8-3-1
1990 9-3
We had our share of ups and downs under Joe also.

Reactions: BBrown and 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT