ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Scuffle - Pre-seeds

No McCutheon or Rasheed in the seeds. Not sure if either is going.

No McCutheon or Rasheed in the seeds. Not sure if either is going.

Unless there is a rule about teams having multiple seeds? Nick Lee is unattached, so him and Cortez wouldnt count. I honestly don't know.

Notes:
- 149 is a tough weight. Prince moved up. Great test for Verkleeren
- Cortez/Gfeller is a tough quarter
- 157 is a joke
- Chance is a tough semi draw. Could have been worse, though. Mekhi Lewis could have been the 8-seed. Of course, I expect Cenzo to win
- Hall to embarrass Bernstein again?
- No Preisch

Reactions: diggerpup
What drugs did the seeding committee smoke to put Marsteller at the 4 seed ?

What drugs did the seeding committee smoke to put Marsteller at the 4 seed ?
It's not outrageous at all.

Smith is a returning AA who beat Marsteller last year.

Steiert pinned Daniel Lewis, who's better than anyone Marsteller has faced in college (possibly excepting Smith). Plus he placed 3rd at last year's event, if that counts toward seeding.

Cenzo has a tough day ahead of him, especially returning from inactivity.

Seems too odd that Cutch and Rasheed wouldn't be seeded so I have to guess they're not going. Disappointing.

If Nick Lee's day includes beating Gfeller, Alber, and Cortez (or whoever makes the final from the bottom half), he really puts Cael on the spot.

Lots of pins in store for 149, 157, 174, 184.

There are a ton of Finesilvers for some reason.

If Nick Lee's day includes beating Gfeller, Alber, and Cortez (or whoever makes the final from the bottom half), he really puts Cael on the spot.

Why would this put the head coach "on the spot"? Who is demanding answers/decisions and does Cael have a responsibility to respond?

It's not outrageous at all.

Smith is a returning AA who beat Marsteller last year.

Steiert pinned Daniel Lewis, who's better than anyone Marsteller has faced in college (possibly excepting Smith). Plus he placed 3rd at last year's event, if that counts toward seeding.
my point is that was last year - give credit to those who are wrestling this year over a shirt - especially when the season is a month or two in...

Why would this put the head coach "on the spot"? Who is demanding answers/decisions and does Cael have a responsibility to respond?
Didn't mean it like you've taken it, only that such a scenario would, I think, tend to push Cael toward pulling Lee's shirt. I'm assuming Cael would prefer not to.

Unless there is a rule about teams having multiple seeds? Nick Lee is unattached, so him and Cortez wouldnt count. I honestly don't know.

Notes:
- 149 is a tough weight. Prince moved up. Great test for Verkleeren
- Cortez/Gfeller is a tough quarter
- 157 is a joke
- Chance is a tough semi draw. Could have been worse, though. Mekhi Lewis could have been the 8-seed. Of course, I expect Cenzo to win
- Hall to embarrass Bernstein again?
- No Preisch
CJ has a chance to make a statement
Kutler-Lujan predictions anybody?
Subjeck-Bernstein?
Desanto-Mueller?
Fix-Cruz?
I have Kutler and Subjeck both winning hard battles the other two feel too close to call. I'm feeling Cruz over Fix

Subjeck-Bernstein?
Desanto-Mueller?
Fix-Cruz?
I have Kutler and Subjeck both winning hard battles the other two feel too close to call. I'm feeling Cruz over Fix
P.S. I also feel Hall will get two TDs to Kutler's goose egg in the final. Mark has the wrestling I.Q. To make adjustments in a match and during the course of a season that few can keep up with. Last night Teasdale appeared to lack this key ingredient to a successful transition to D1 NC contention.

Subjeck-Bernstein?
Desanto-Mueller?
Fix-Cruz?
Desanto has wrestled Mueller twice already. It wasn't pretty. 2nd match I think Mueller had Dake-Molinaro like RT. Bad matchup with that bracket.

I've got Fix over Cruz. Seems weird rationale as we have FR vs. SR, but I think Fix has the size and strength that will give Darian trouble.

my point is that was last year - give credit to those who are wrestling this year over a shirt - especially when the season is a month or two in...
Who has Marsteller beaten this year that's good enough to propel him higher -- Van Brill? Walter? Longo? DePrez?

Desanto has wrestled Mueller twice already. It wasn't pretty. 2nd match I think Mueller had Dake-Molinaro like RT. Bad matchup with that bracket.

I've got Fix over Cruz. Seems weird rationale as we have FR vs. SR, but I think Fix has the size and strength that will give Darian trouble.
just dont take down!

Reactions: Deanne
Seeding is what it is...just wrestle the guy in front of you. I see nothing worth complaining about. My thinking...sit back, relax, and enjoy the wrestling.

Scuffle Info:

Last year, the brackets came out at 3:00pm on the 31st of December, or thereabouts. We could see them anytime now.

And the schedule is:
Monday, January 1st
9:00 a.m. Doors Open for Spectators
10:00 a.m. Pigtail Round
10:45 a.m. Championship Round of 32
1:30 p.m.* 1st Round of Consolations
2:15 p.m.* Championship Round of 16
4:00 p.m.* 2nd Round of Consolations
5:45 p.m.* 3rd Round of Consolations
7:30 p.m. Championship Quarterfinals & 4th Round of Consolations
Tuesday, January 2nd
9:00 a.m. Doors Open for Spectators
10:00 a.m. 5th Round of Consolation
12:00 p.m. Championship Semifinals
Consolation Quarterfinals
2:00 p.m.* Consolation Semifinals
7:00 p.m. Championship Finals & Medal Matches

Looks like this is a little weaker also this year.
Man with 7 number one seeds should have 7 champs.
Might set a record of team score and champs.
Fix will beat Cruz if they meet cause I don't
believe Cruz can take him down.

Bummer about N Lee and Cortez being on opposite ends of the bracket. Makes it less likely they meet. Really wanted to see that.

I was checking out the brackets and when I got 184 I thought "who cares" then I thought about 157 and 149. These kids are making their weight classes completely irrelevant. I was going to say roadkill but roadkill has more interest value than who isn't going to win 184-157-and 149.

I like Verkleeren's draw. Tough couple of kids in the early rounds and opportunity to see a 3-seed if he makes it through.

Reactions: nitlion6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT