ADVERTISEMENT

South Dakota must be faking injuries

They're holding Iowas hurry up offensive juggernaut to 3 pts. I don't know how else they could have done it

Iowa has a total of 59 Offensive Yards through 2 1/2 Quarters against North Dakota State??? And only 18 rushing yards on 18 attempts (1 ypc). And many on here complain about our offense and OL.

Reactions: brupsu
Iowa has a total of 59 Offensive Yards through 2 1/2 Quarters against North Dakota State??? And only 18 rushing yards on 18 attempts (1 ypc). And many on here complain about our offense and OL.
And many sing the praises of Kirk Ferentz being a coaching genius and better than Franklin.

Iowa just got away with another very clear PI. QB scrambling throws it to RB in flat in front of him.... Iowa LB grabs NDSU RB early from behind pulling him backwards toward ground clearly before the ball arrives - no flag.

Iowa records 168 yards of offense on 60 plays and 3 offensive points against FCS SDSU including only 59 rushing yards on 35 carries. Imagine what would happen here if PSU put up numbers like that against duhO$U or scUM - let alone an FCS team while playing @home for Pete's sake! PSU put up 406 yards and 5 TDs against a very good Purdue defense at their place in a Primetime Nationally-telecast "Blackout Game" and you had whiny dipshits on this board endlessly crying about how bad our offense and OL are!

Iowa records 168 yards of offense on 60 plays and 3 offensive points against FCS SDSU including only 59 rushing yards on 35 carries. Imagine what would happen here if PSU put up numbers like that against duhO$U or scUM - let alone an FCS team while playing @home for Pete's sake! PSU put up 406 yards and 5 TDs against a very good Purdue defense at their place in a Primetime Nationally-telecast "Blackout Game" and you had whiny dipshits on this board endlessly crying about how bad our offense and OL are!
Wow. You believe Purdue is good. Based on what. They are a 5 win team at best. Could get lucky and get a Sixth but thay are garbage this year. Not that any of that matters. The issue remains the same as previous years. Bad OL play, no running game, LB make very few plays, and most of all QB play is borderline D1. Oh and one more thing, WR are always covered. This game was won due to more talent not better coaching period and that is the problem. Franklin loses every game to a team with anything close to the talent level of his team. And occasionally to a team with a great talent disparity.

Wow. You believe Purdue is good. Based on what. They are a 5 win team at best. Could get lucky and get a Sixth but thay are garbage this year. Not that any of that matters. The issue remains the same as previous years. Bad OL play, no running game, LB make very few plays, and most of all QB play is borderline D1. Oh and one more thing, WR are always covered. This game was won due to more talent not better coaching period and that is the problem. Franklin loses every game to a team with anything close to the talent level of his team. And occasionally to a team with a great talent disparity.
Oh good lord.

Purdue is a garbage team who will be lucky to win 5 games??? Put the crack-pipe idiot - Purdue won 9 games last year including their bowl game against Tennessee and they returned the vast majority of their 2-deep.

I never thought that 6-4 game could possibly be topped for offensive ineptitude. Amazing how those cowtipping inbred asshats managed outdo themselves.

Outdo themselves? 6-4 was all about PSU being offensively inept. So much so that Iowa knew they could win with 6 points and handing PSU 2 deliberately.

LdN

Outdo themselves? 6-4 was all about PSU being offensively inept. So much so that Iowa knew they could win with 6 points and handing PSU 2 deliberately.

LdN
Yes Outdo themselves. Do you think their game plan was to score 6 points against PSU? I know PSU was horrendous that day on offense but Iowa was just as bad. They had 168 yards of total offense that day against PSU (a power 5 opponent) on the road. Today they had a total of 166 yards of offense against an FCS school at home. That is my definition of “outdoing themselves” when it comes to offensive ineptitude.

I would have to agree with you manlion. Everything you said is true. Truly a carbon copy of last years team except the D was covering up the receivers this year versus playing a soft zone.

Reactions: manilion
has he bitched about Jack rabbit injuries slowing the offense down again?
Funny you ask that but no I don’t think that was brought up. I think KF spent most of his energy fending off Qs on QB play and offense in general. No time to complain about anything else.

Funny you ask that but no I don’t think that was brought up. I think KF spent most of his energy fending off Qs on QB play and offense in general. No time to complain about anything else.
He should be used to fending off those questions…his 1970’s offense hasn’t worked well for years.

Correct, it hasn’t. Nor will it ever from what most people think. It’s certainly not pleasant to watch. If it was effective but just boring fans would accept that.

Correct, it hasn’t. Nor will it ever from what most people think. It’s certainly not pleasant to watch. If it was effective but just boring fans would accept that.

well your fan base isn’t pleasant to be around so maybe you deserve each other.

well your fan base isn’t pleasant to be around so maybe you deserve each other.
Maybe so. I’ve had a nice time whenever I’ve been around PSU fans, even last year in Iowa City. Was in Happy Valley back in the 90s and had a great time. PSU fans were very welcoming. One of the best places I’ve been to.

Reactions: marshall23
Purdue is a garbage team who will be lucky to win 5 games??? Put the crack-pipe idiot - Purdue won 9 games last year including their bowl game against Tennessee and they returned the vast majority of their 2-deep.
I guess we will see at the end of the year. Dont take it personal Franklin Fan Boy.

I guess we will see at the end of the year. Dont take it personal Franklin Fan Boy.

Too funny, and sadly typical, citing facts proving you wrong as usual is "taking it personal" to the loudmouth douche posing faux PSU fan. Trust me, I don't take anything personal that moronic a-hole child-boys say.

Pre-season they were viewed as a potential contender in the league's West division, and I saw nothing that would argue against that. Which may say as much about the West -- take Iowa...please -- as about Purdue, but still.

A good QB can take a team a long way, and they've got that and a decent enough supporting cast. Also, their schedule is far from difficult. At Syracuse could be interesting. Later at Wisconsin. Couple out-of-conference cupcakes. The usual West teams. The remaining two crossovers are Maryland and Indiana. There are more than 5 W's on that list.

But they have to get their heads back in it and not let one tough loss set the tone for future games...as has happened to us on more than one occasion. The bottom line is that we had a very good win on the road to open the season. There's no reason to bad-mouth it.

Reactions: creamery freak
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT