ADVERTISEMENT

Something I'll be looking at on Saturday

bdgan

May 29, 2008
We know that Chop, Isaac, and Sutton are great at rushing the passer. But in this game I expect WVa to focus on running the ball including with their QB Garrett Greene. I hope our DEs stay in their lanes to stop the run instead of overrunning plays in pursuit of TFL.

know that Chop, Isaac, and Sutton are great at rushing the passer. But in this game I expect WVa to focus on running the ball including with their QB Garrett Greene. I hope our DEs stay in their lanes to stop the run instead of overrunning plays in pursuit of TFL.
Yeah, Manny probably hasn’t thought about it. Call him and let him know you’ll be watching it, Saturday. 🙄

We know that Chop, Isaac, and Sutton are great at rushing the passer. But in this game I expect WVa to focus on running the ball including with their QB Garrett Greene. I hope our DEs stay in their lanes to stop the run instead of overrunning plays in pursuit of TFL.
Yes, we struggled whens QBs decided to run last year.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Yes, we struggled whens QBs decided to run last year.
Every team struggles to stop a running QB unless you are using a spy because the QB isn't accounted for. The other thing that could be concerning is tackling. Last year, it was apparent that we weren't going full contact in practice because we tackled very poorly vs. Purdue. That got much better over the next few games.

Yeah, Manny probably hasn’t thought about it. Call him and let him know you’ll be watching it, Saturday. 🙄
You pretending everyone has to be a member of the coaching staff to have a thought is hysterical. There was nothing wrong with the OP. It's a valid concern that I'm sure Manny is also concerned about.

I imagine that this game plan will be pretty basic, so I want to see how each side of the ball does in basic formations. I think it will be predictive of how this season unfolds. I am actually expecting a 28-13 type of win in a game that the coaching staff will use to get Allar comfortable as a starter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT