ADVERTISEMENT

Some latest on the latest debacle

NittanyChris obviously doesn’t have enough juice at the Gazette to stop these awful hit pieces from going to print. I for one welcome them. Narduzzi holds up way better in big games than Fraudlin.

NittanyChris obviously doesn’t have enough juice at the Gazette to stop these awful hit pieces from going to print. I for one welcome them. Narduzzi holds up way better in big games than Fraudlin.
Scary thought because Duzzy is a buffoon…but I believe you may be onto something.

Ron Cook... I thought that senile Pennis envy Pitt Shill was retired 20 years ago. He probably pulled out an old anti Paterno article and changed the names to Franklin.
He's a graduate of Northwestern, not Pitt. Also, I'm sure that many Pitt fans think that he is biased against Pitt rather than for Pitt based on what he has written and said on his talk show about that program.

Just because somebody writes something negative doesn't mean that that person either is wrong or biased. Perhaps he is neither.

Also, maybe if PSU under Franklin would stop losing the vast majority of games against ranked teams, often in embarrassing fashion, these sports writers would not have the fodder about which to opine. It's an issue when mediocre programs like Maryland and Indiana are more competitive against Michigan than PSU is, and that is a topic worth discussing.

Last edited:
Lots of truth and facts in this article.
Ya... Just like every fifth year of Joe's entire career the Joe was losing it and falling apart he was too conservative he was to this he was to that he was only playing a senior quarterback blah blah blah blah blah yeah cook Mr Lifetime and Penn State hater and Pitt graduate I'll take him on his honorable word! I guess truth is in the eye of the panther!

Cook has been a (rhymes with class but without the cl) his entire career. His comment that "it makes one of us" when Franklin said he was surprised the team didn't play well against Michigan speaks volume. Criticism of Franklin is fair and I have been critical of his preparation for Michigan, but Cook is doing the same thing he has done forever--kick a dog while it's down.

My goodness people are insular and dumb.
Yes Mike Morris and Ron Cook, without the Jacobs and Clifford big plays it's 41-3.
But while we're removing big plays, as if they don't typically happen in EVERY football game every played, by get this....both teams on the field, we'd have to remove Michigan's big run plays, which get this, removes two touchdowns from Michigan's score.
The logic applied in Cook's column is how people get dumber, by saying one folk deserved the good fortune and the other doesn't because they didn't like the way they looked or what God they worship or what country their great grandfather came from or what line of work their in, or whatever other stupid excuses people use antagonize another's fortunes or ills.
Holy $hit people, use your brains not your biases.

Yes Mike Morris and Ron Cook, without the Jacobs and Clifford big plays it's 41-3.
But while we're removing big plays, as if they don't typically happen in EVERY football game every played, by get this....both teams on the field, we'd have to remove Michigan's big run plays, which get this, removes two touchdowns from Michigan's score.
The logic applied in Cook's column is how people get dumber, by saying one folk deserved the good fortune and the other doesn't because they didn't like the way they looked or what God they worship or what country their great grandfather came from or what line of work their in, or whatever other stupid excuses people use antagonize another's fortunes or ills.

Michigan never punted the entire game. Multiple drives longer than ten plays. Take away their big plays and it is highly likely that they will still score on the drives. PSU? Not so much. Things can be the same but not equal.

LOL @ Narduzzi doing anything better than Franklin.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Michigan never punted the entire game. Multiple drives longer than ten plays. Take away their big plays and it is highly likely that they will still score on the drives. PSU? Not so much. Things can be the same but not equal.
It doesn't matter, they made the play when they needed to make the play. You could say it about most any big play in most any game whether the winner or loser of the game.
If only we would have tackled that guy that one time or that other time. Famous words of a loser.
If only McSorely wouldn't have thrown that pick against USC at the end.
Maybe Michigan would have scored without the big plays or maybe they would have fumbled or threw a pic, who knows. Pure speculation.
Penn State players made some big plays in a losing effort, how is that abnormal?
Big Play 8

Cook gets paid to write stuff like that? That must have taken about 15 minutes - then he probably went golfing. Not exactly insightful - more like a lazy harvest of low hanging fruit. Posters on this board put more effort into their posts.

Reactions: NittanyChris
Yep, The offense ran 7 plays in the first half. 7 plays. I never saw such a thing.

But are we pretending Michigan didn't dominate that entire game and the score, especially at the half, was extremely misleading?
No one, other than those still in hiding, was surprised by the score of the second half

Reactions: Ski
Cook gets paid to write stuff like that? That must have taken about 15 minutes - then he probably went golfing. Not exactly insightful - more like a lazy harvest of low hanging fruit. Posters on this board put more effort into their posts.
All true.

But his data is irrefutably accurate.

But are we pretending Michigan didn't dominate that entire game and the score, especially at the half, was extremely misleading?
No one, other than those still in hiding, was surprised by the score of the second half
None of that matters.....It doesn't matter that the score was misleading, if that's even such a thing. If Michigan is mighty and great how come they were losing to what was basically an inept team that day at some point in the 3rd quarter?

In sports the other teams have players that are the same size and shape of yours and guess what they are trying to prevent you from doing exactly what you want to do. They are going to force you to make mistakes, they are going to do everything possible to keep you from achieving your goal for that play or series or half or game. It's literally how sports works. Curtis Jacobs was one of the best players on the field at any given time, he's going to perform his duties to his highest ability on every play regardless of how the team is performing overall. A lesser player doesn't finish that play the way Jacobs does, because he's a good player who makes plays for his team. Penn State, today, yesterday and tomorrow has good football players, whether their record is 5-6 or 11-1. Penn State was 7-6 last year but lead the Big 10 with 8 NFL draft picks because your individual talent sometimes isn't reflected in your record.

Just because another team is dominating a game it doesn't mean the other teams players aren't gonna make a play as they would in close game or in a game they themselves are dominating. Sean Clifford has gashed many teams with a read option play in his career, why is it any different that he did it last game? Because the other team was winning? To contend that the best players won't make plays simply because they're losing the game handily is just straight foolish.

The whole thought line that other team in any sport shouldn't be able to competently accomplish anything if the other team is better, playing better that game, faster, stronger, more prepared or whatever is an, "I've never played sports, I'm an armchair quarterback take." It wreaks of lack of real sports knowledge. It's not an opinion any athlete who has played a sport at higher level would have. That's why people like Ron Cook hold it, as well as others on this board, because they have no real time athletic experience. Simply put they don't understand competition from the inside.

Last edited:
Reactions: NittanyChris
None of that matters.....It doesn't matter that the score was misleading, if that's even such a thing. If Michigan is mighty and great how come they were losing to what was basically an inept team that day at some point in the 3rd quarter?

In sports the other teams have players that are the same size and shape of yours and guess what they are trying to prevent you from doing exactly what you want to do. They are going to force you to make mistakes, they are going to do everything possible to keep you from achieving your goal for that play or series or half or game. It's literally how sports works. Curtis Jacobs was one of the best players on the field at any given time, he's going to perform his duties to his highest ability on every play regardless of how the team is performing overall. A lesser player doesn't finish that play the way Jacobs does, because he's a good player who makes plays for his team. Penn State, today, yesterday and tomorrow has good football players, whether their record is 5-6 or 11-1. Penn State was 7-6 last year but lead the Big 10 with 8 NFL draft picks because your individual talent sometimes isn't reflected in your record.

Just because another team is dominating a game it doesn't mean the other teams players aren't gonna make a play as they would in close game or in a game they themselves are dominating. Sean Clifford has gashed many teams with a read option play in his career, why is it any different that he did it last game? Because the other team was winning? To contend that the best players won't make plays simply because they're losing the game handily is just straight foolish.

The whole thought line that other team in any sport shouldn't be able to competently accomplish anything if the other team is better, playing better that game, faster, stronger, more prepared or whatever is an, "I've never played sports, I'm an armchair quarterback take." It wreaks of lack of real sports knowledge. It's not an opinion any athlete who has played a sport at higher level would have. That's why people like Ron Cook hold it, as well as others on this board, because they have no real time athletic experience. Simply put they don't understand competition from the inside.
broken_record-wide.jpg

An ass beating is an ass beating. Period.

An ass beating is an ass beating. Period.
Well no $hit.
It still doesn't take away from the fact that its completely normal and regular for the opposing team, no matter how bad they are getting their butt whipped, to make plays. Especially, a team of the talent and quality of Penn State, who believe it or not is one of the top 20 teams in the country. I know that's hard to believe for the doom and gloom crowd but its a simple fact, no matter how one spins it.
Teams like Penn State who have a bunch of soon to be NFL players are going to make plays, yes even in losing efforts. How is this hard to comprehend?

Was the score misleading when PSU led in the 3Q?

Was the score misleading when PSU was driving to tie the game at 24 with 22 minutes left?

There are no style points in CFB. "Looking bad" means nothing. PSU was in the game until the Corum TD run. The defense just ran out of gas after that.

• Haha
Until Franklin figures out how to beat scUM and OHowIHate he will get this deserved criticism.

Yeah, we have good athletes and made some plays like the Pick 6 and the long Clifford run. ScUM made many more hence 41-17.

Was the score misleading when PSU led in the 3Q?

Was the score misleading when PSU was driving to tie the game at 24 with 22 minutes left?

There are no style points in CFB. "Looking bad" means nothing. PSU was in the game until the Corum TD run. The defense just ran out of gas after that.
Yes
Yes
False

Reactions: manilion

All of it matters. Regardless of what the scoreboard said we all knew who was winning that game

He's beat them both.

You think PSU should beat OSU and Michigan every year? LOLOLOLOLOL.
What is his record vs Ohiya? 1 win, that does not cut it. A little better vs scUM but he gets boatraced in AA. Yes I know we won there in 2020 with no fans but overall he loses more to scUM than wins hence the deserved criticism. The 2020 win was against a terrible scUM team.

You must be very unhappy today after yesterday’s dominance. I’m really sad for you.

The timing is hysterical as PSU moves to 6-1 blowing out a team that only came in as a 4.5 point dog (and looks on track to go to a NY6 bowl) in a rebuilding season (PSU came into the season unranked), while ASWP, which came into the season ranked and expected to challenge for the ACC Championship Game, loses to another bad, unranked ACC team that came into the game with 3 losses. At this point, ASWP is 4-3 and will be lucky to finish the season with a .500 record. LMAO!

• Love
I wonder how Narduzzi would hold up if his big games were against OSU and Michigan instead of UNC and Miami.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT