ADVERTISEMENT

Some early results, shots @ HR, acronym games, Pile bashing, etc.

One other noteworthy result:

My wife conceded that I was right and she was wrong. 😁
giphy.gif

In another unsurprising result, on FRL today Pyles stated that our lineup is not going to get it done. States that our 125 and 157 are not it, lol. He is such a clown.
Too bad he’s the most credible guy in wrestling media…. :rolleyes:

If only Cael would return his texts and/or say positive things about Flo, we could’ve been a contender.

In another unsurprising result, on FRL today Pyles stated that our lineup is not going to get it done. States that our 125 and 157 are not it, lol. He is such a clown.
as usual pyles says a lot of nothing!!he thinks that will be the starting lineup,what a moron!!

Reactions: horraybeer
Flo figured out years ago that to cater to 80% of their audience they can't sing the praises of PSU (and what Cael, has, is and can do better than anyone else) all day long.

They play down our kids more and program more than any other. Their team of the decade was indeed a fantastic 2018 tOSU squad that was one of the best I had ever seen, but they purposely put us on the other side of the bracket to hypothetically eliminate us vs Iowa.

Heck of we don't lose Berge to injury and if Bartlett had qualified with just a few more matches, we probably win last year

Flo's recent best team of the decade lost in a dual to a Nolfless PSU squad that also won the national championship.

Ben and Piles both have pretty jaded PSU "Goggles" on most of the time. I think some of it is calculated.

Flo figured out years ago that to cater to 80% of their audience they can't sing the praises of PSU (and what Cael, has, is and can do better than anyone else) all day long.

They play down our kids more and program more than any other. Their team of the decade was indeed a fantastic 2018 tOSU squad that was one of the best I had ever seen, but they purposely put us on the other side of the bracket to hypothetically eliminate us vs Iowa.

Heck of we don't lose Berge to injury and if Bartlett had qualified with just a few more matches, we probably win last year

Flo's recent best team of the decade lost in a dual to a Nolfless PSU squad that also won the national championship.

Ben and Piles both have pretty jaded PSU "Goggles" on most of the time. I think some of it is calculated.
lol yea they wouldnt come close to the team that had 5 champs!!

even though I still have a flo account I dont listen to FRL anymore. So can I get context to this statement.....

I mean wrestling media should know our current 125/157 that went this past weekend is not the march "plan". If they were our only options I understand the point. But otherwise this doesnt make any sense for wrestling media to make this statement as some kind of factual opinion.........

Reactions: Fatmarc and danoftw
You had to shake your head and laugh when Askrin said RBy’s ankle trap ride was stalling but he’s ok with throwing a leg in or both and just ride.

Reactions: cheddarwurst
Can’t have it both ways if they allow just riding, which they do for that stupid point. Then doesnt matter how you ride. Personally i think any ride without turning is stalling and after a short time with no turn a stalemate needs called. Even an average fan can tell if top is trying to turn or just riding.

He was clearly talking about the lineup that took the mat last weekend.

Definitely worthy of a Jim Gibbons "no shit" response. But I'd say about 90% of what they talk about on that show is the same.

This.

Pyles said the lineup that took the mat Saturday is not going to get it done in March.

He said PSU needs Hildebrandt or someone else not currently in the roster at 125 and either Joe Lee or Bearclaw at 157.

I would say his view is more or less the board consensus.

• Sad
Reactions: Dogwelder

I wish I could remember the matchups, but the downplaying of our bonus point potential in several cases was hilarious (e.g. Zain only majors Murin, DT only majors the Bull, Q with no bonus).

Murin surviving the 2nd would be a shock. And DT would tool on Marinelli’s unsophisticated approach.

I wish I could remember the matchups, but the downplaying of our bonus point potential in several cases was hilarious (e.g. Zain only majors Murin, DT only majors the Bull, Q with no bonus).

Murin surviving the 2nd would be a shock. And DT would tool on Marinelli’s unsophisticated approach.
Zain pinned Sorensen off a turn but would only major Murin ... lol

Pipe dream: I kinda wish we could get to the point where this board just ignored that podcast entirely. I cracked a joke about credibility, but it's not a joking matter. That company makes editorial decisions based on who is willing to puff them up and who isn't, all the while they alone can elevate the sport. Get real. They reluctantly still get my cash, but they are no longer going to get any benefit of the doubt from me....

And it would require the Bull to stall to preserve the major. Pretty sure he’s not capable of that kind of stalling. Win or lose, that guy plans on winning. One or two aggressive exposures and Marinelli is decked or gone by whistle.

This.

Pyles said the lineup that took the mat Saturday is not going to get it done in March.

He said PSU needs Hildebrandt or someone else not currently in the roster at 125 and either Joe Lee or Bearclaw at 157.

I would say his view is more or less the board consensus.
Agreed. I think there’s a definite anti-PSU bias on that podcast now, but in this instance Pyles is correct. We all know our lineup in November will not be the same as in March. That’s just not how Cael does things. If you can fault Pyles in this instance, it’s for not acknowledging that likelihood.

And it would require the Bull to stall to preserve the major. Pretty sure he’s not capable of that kind of stalling. Win or lose, that guy plans on winning. One or two aggressive exposures and Marinelli is decked or gone by whistle.
Yep. Marinelli suffers from Sammy Brooks-itis.

Reactions: Cowbell Man
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT