ADVERTISEMENT

So when at Sheetz, Wawa or Rutters, what's your go to to go?

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
At Sheetz for me, meatball sub with onions, lettuce, tomatoes, parmesean cheese and pepper.

Sometimes a turkey sub with honey mustard dressing, onions, lettuce and tomatoes.

So what's your go to to go?

Wawa: Meatball sandwich with onions. And a milkshake.

The only Sheetz I ever get to is the one at the Mifflintown exit on 322 on the way up to SC.

Wawa: coffee and breakfast sandwiches.
Rutters: boozy slushies
Sheetz: chocolate milk for the kid

It’s been a while since I’ve been to any of them (again, stuck with lousy Cumberland Farms up here in New England), but Wawa used to have a kale & quinoa power salad with champagne vinaigrette that was really quite good. I’d love one of those right now actually.

Oh, and the cream cheese stuffed pretzels!!!

At Sheetz for me, meatball sub with onions, lettuce, tomatoes, parmesean cheese and pepper.

Sometimes a turkey sub with honey mustard dressing, onions, lettuce and tomatoes.

At Wawa, anything in a hoagie roll and coffee depending on time of day.
At Sheetz, I buy a sub and coffee and then put them right in the trash, where they belong, to save another person the unfortunate circumstance o attempting to consume them.
I drive by a Rutter's in Dillsburg, but have been in one.

Sheetz - Nothing because their food is trash now.

WaWa and Rutters - Either meatball or turkey.

i had some type of burrito thing at Sheetz this past weekend and it wasn't bad but generally their sandwiches are not very good. The sheetz after crossing the river in Harrisburg now has coffee machines that grind and brew individual cups and are pretty good. Regular Sheetz coffee is not very good.

Whichever one is easier to get in and out of because people drive like jack wagons in the parking lots of every one. Usually only stop to get gas and take a wiz(don't take one of mine, I only have two left and the weekend is coming up!). Only ever buy packaged stuff(drinks, snacks) in them and never get made to order food. I live in Sheetz country(being invaded by Rutters) but grew up in WaWa country. Can't really tell the difference in coffee and why everyone raves about WaWa coffee. They are pretty much all the same to me, will usually opt for the WaWa if in the Sheetz/Wawa zone in the Hamburg area.

Sheetz - Morning: Schmiscuit scrambled, american, bacon, ham. Rest of day, jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel.

Am not in the same county as the others frequently enough to have a "go to". But usually whatever does not need the fryer (takes too long), and also does not fall apart when eating in the car too too much.

Restroom.

I like Wawa coffee better than any other coffee anywhere, even from home. And I like a decent number of coffees available - e.g. Dunkin' (though their doughnuts are crap imo), McD's (and little else), Panera. Sheetz coffee tastes burnt and too bitter to me, like Starbucks does. I may be using the wrong tongs. :eek:

Wawa milk is also my fave milk, with Wegman's a close 2nd. Both store brand ice creams are decent. Something to be said in favor of a convenience store that offers decent dairy products.

Wawa has some good food, not as much as they used to, imo. Not much I'd go out of my way for. I do like a meatballs and mac'n'cheese when craving a comfort food lunch. Never been a fan of Sheetz food.

I'm not familiar with Rutters' food and coffee.

So glad we are bringing up this ever-important debate again! :D

Sheetz - Chicken sliders with bang bang sauce.
WaWa - Italian sub with spinach, hot peppers, jalapeños and garlic aioli.

Totally agree on Sheetz coffee. When they went away from the creamer cups (3 mint, 3 chocolate no sugar needed xl coffee), it became undrinkable to me. Tastes burnt.

Sheetz--fountain drink

Wawa--cheesesteak, roast beef hoagie, or a buffalo chicken hoagie. Their hurricane ice cream with chocolate chips is great too if it's a Wawa that makes them. A couple half gallons of Wawa lemonade for home.

Reactions: whart
Lots of Sheetz near me near Pittsburgh, and the way down to Pittsburgh from Buffalo. Lots of Wawas near me in Ocean City. I think we have three, plus all the ones in the Philly area.

Sheetz hands down. Usually cleaner, and a MUCH larger variety of food. Most Wawa's don't seem to have hamburgers, and they dumped their salads during Covid. Sometimes in Ocean City, their menus are stripped down to almost nothing. But hey. The Jersey gas is cheaper!!! LOTS cheaper!!!!!:):)

WaWa - coffee or a meatball hoagie, or one of their pre-packed snacks - my personal fave is the cheese, grapes and crostini.
Sheetz - only good for a men's room stop.
Rutters - no idea what that is.
So you sheetz at Sheetz

Wawa - turkey hoagie with provolone, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, oregano, sweet peppers, and light mayo. A diet lemonade and a soft pretzel to save for later.

Reactions: katchthis
Loves, and a roller dog with onions
Roller dogs? I didn't know they were still a thing.

2i569c.jpg

Usually just coffee,drinks or snacks. Used to get MTO sandwlches at Sheetz, which were pretty decent. IMO, Rutters has the nicest restrooms.

Nailed the ice teas and ice cream. Nothing more to see here.

Two different companies. Split off long ago.

As for the dairy, the ice cream is mass merchandising junk. There are better ice teas , then again they sell primarily by the gallon. It tastes like something made by the gallon.

Ha, they have sucked for decades. I am not sure why they even try anymore.
Call me crazy, but I find wawa coffee to be highly overrated.

I had some WaWa holiday coffee last winter. I don’t usually like flavored coffee, but that was quite good.

Wawa- usually ham and swiss hoagie with mayo, spinach, tomatoes, and cucumbers.

I have been really enjoying the stacked Pastrami & Rye but it does not always seem to be on the menu.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT