ADVERTISEMENT

So Urbie lied again last night during the press conference

sss

Jun 5, 2001
From ESPN article

"The investigators said they believe that Meyer and his wife, Shelley, communicated in some way about concerns that Courtney Smith, the ex-wife of Zach Smith, raised to Shelley Meyer in text messages in 2015. Urban Meyer told investigators during interviews this month and told reporters Wednesday night that he had no knowledge of those messages."

Not sure if this was an intentional or accidental lie, or maybe due to his memory loss, but his response last night that he was unaware of the texts to his wife is a flat out contradiction to the report released. Is anyone paying attention?

From ESPN article

"The investigators said they believe that Meyer and his wife, Shelley, communicated in some way about concerns that Courtney Smith, the ex-wife of Zach Smith, raised to Shelley Meyer in text messages in 2015. Urban Meyer told investigators during interviews this month and told reporters Wednesday night that he had no knowledge of those messages."

Not sure if this was an intentional or accidental lie, or maybe due to his memory loss, but his response last night that he was unaware of the texts to his wife is a flat out contradiction to the report released. Is anyone paying attention?
Also saw where they found his phone was wiped. How conveeeenient!

Reactions: BBrown
Another beauty. Yet the investigators determined that Urbie was forthcoming in all interviews,

"The independent investigators also wrote that OSU personnel failed to adequately respond to an open-records request from the OSU school newspaper The Lantern, which sought communication between Urban Meyer and Zach Smith in 2015 and 2018. Julie Vannatta, senior associate general counsel at OSU, emailed Gene Smith and senior athletics director Diana Sabau and instructed them to retrieve responsive emails and texts from Urban Meyer's phone.

"Although all of these individuals were aware of the requests -- and indeed both AD Smith and Sabau responded that they had no documents on their end -- no one appears to have actually checked Coach Meyer's phone or even approached him about the requests," the report said.

Reactions: Carl Spackler
wiped? I am not sure. "wiped" implies that everything was deleted. What I've seen is that Meyer changed his preferences to only store texts for a year. This is pretty common, actually. However, if it is true he did this in response to the questions at B1G, it is a clear violation of the law.

You missing all the national writers and television reporters talking about your boy Urban Meyer is a liar?

Who? The Heather Dinich's of the world?
Does anyone actually care that he's a liar? Hell, is anyone surprised that he's a liar?
No one is going to care about this in a few weeks--maybe days. Unlike what happened here...that's just being honest. You really don't agree with that?
When we actually see this have some impact on his recruiting or his job then we can say it matters...I don't see that day actually happening

Reactions: Big 0
I used to work for a guy like Urban. He lies when the truth would have done just fine.

OSU and Urban tried to make this go away at BIG media day, and it blew up on them. They have tried to make it go away again yesterday. From what I have heard so far, Fox Sports won’t let it go. If ESPN can’t ignore it like they tried to do before McMurphy went viral, then this could still get worse for the Bucknuts.

Does anyone actually care that he's a liar? Hell, is anyone surprised that he's a liar?
No one is going to care about this in a few weeks--maybe days. Unlike what happened here...that's just being honest. You really don't agree with that?
When we actually see this have some impact on his recruiting or his job then we can say it matters...I don't see that day actually happening
its not that he's just "a liar". He deleted key evidence after being confronted. Some have said he deleted it AFTER a FOIA request....to me, that is a criminal offense.

I used to work for a guy like Urban. He lies when the truth would have done just fine.

OSU and Urban tried to make this go away at BIG media day, and it blew up on them. They have tried to make it go away again yesterday. From what I have heard so far, Fox Sports won’t let it go. If ESPN can’t ignore it like they tried to do before McMurphy went viral, then this could still get worse for the Bucknuts.
totally agree. to me, the correct narrative should have been:

• Lots of accusation by Smith and his ex-wife
  • I am not qualified to make those calls
  • I reported it as I should have to the NCAA and Title IX
  • The police were involved and gave guidance
  • I made the choice to retain him, which may have been wrong, but I was trying to take care of a friend's kid, a friend and a good coach. I am willing to take the consequences of that decision.

Mandel has written some good stuff...

its not that he's just "a liar". He deleted key evidence after being confronted. Some have said he deleted it AFTER a FOIA request....to me, that is a criminal offense.

And we'll see how long people care about this...my guess is that no one cares by 09/01/18

And we'll see how long people care about this...my guess is that no one cares by 09/01/18

I don't think so. Meyer will have to face reporters, and fairly soon. This will be brought up in every pre-game "can the team recover from scandals that rocked summer camp?" At the same time, the report is chock full of Meyers lies to tOSU and reporters. This is a major issue.

You must live in a cave - Urbs and O$U are getting roasted on every news outlet and sports sites.

Because it's the story for the minute. It's been about 12 hours since the announcement. This will fade away just like every scandal since what happened here.

I don't think so. Meyer will have to face reporters, and fairly soon. This will be brought up in every pre-game "can the team recover from scandals that rocked summer camp?" At the same time, the report is chock full of Meyers lies to tOSU and reporters. This is a major issue.

Let's see how it plays out. I think we both know he's not going to entertain any questions about this moving forward.

Well, since his first missed game isn’t until September 1st, and the two following games, there will be plenty of press coverage on this well into the season.

We'll hear that he's suspended. We'll hear about it being his first game back.
You guys are all giving Americans too much credit with their attention span IMO
Let's say following our game with them if that makes you happier

You must live in a cave - Urbs and O$U are getting roasted on every news outlet and sports sites.

Heck, I stream a Christian music station and they mentioned Meyer's suspension on their news update. It's everywhere.

The first thing that innocent people do when they realize there is an investigation is to wipe the memory of their phones. Duh. Urban is no dummy; and he is no innocent, either.

Reactions: BBrown
You're in a fairly small minority there, my man...hypocrisy has legs, especially when there are so many who will benefit from keeping this sh!tstorm alive.

We'll hear that he's suspended. We'll hear about it being his first game back.
You guys are all giving Americans too much credit with their attention span IMO
Let's say following our game with them if that makes you happier

WOW!!!! As "THE" offishul O$U apologist on this board, are you being paid to defend O$U from all of the discussions here or do you do it for free or just because you like to suck those bucknuts???

Djo0nMSWwAECLEs.jpg

Reactions: 4INSBU
They can get copies of the texts from his cellphone carrier - especially true if tO$U is paying phone bill, which they probably are.

Yes they can, if OSU really wants to know what is on those text messages. I'm thinking that if those text messages are recovered, Urban is toast. And as you correctly point out, those text message can be recovered.

What is a bit crazy to me in all of this mess is the OSU report itself. Parts of that report appear to be a whitewash in Urban's favor, but other parts of that report appear to show some straight-up factual evidence against Urban that make him and OSU look really bad.

This may be why their BOT meeting took so long yesterday--there are strongly differing viewpoints within their BOT.

WOW!!!! As "THE" offishul O$U apologist on this board, are you being paid to defend O$U from all of the discussions here or do you do it for free or just because you like to suck those bucknuts???

I don't think I'm being an apologist at all. Just stating what I think will happen

You're in a fairly small minority there, my man...hypocrisy has legs, especially when there are so many who will benefit from keeping this sh!tstorm alive.

I could be dead wrong...wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last but I think this fades fast like most our scandals. Ohio State will do their best to refuse to discuss it

Yes they can, if OSU really wants to know what is on those text messages. I'm thinking that if those text messages are recovered, Urban is toast. And as you correctly point out, those text message can be recovered.

What is a bit crazy to me in all of this mess is the OSU report itself. Parts of that report appear to be a whitewash in Urban's favor, but other parts of that report appear to show some straight-up factual evidence against Urban that make him and OSU look really bad.

This may be why their BOT meeting took so long yesterday--there are strongly differing viewpoints within their BOT.
Anyone know if the "investigative team" even tried to get those deleted texts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT