ADVERTISEMENT

So is Shakur moving back up to 97 or......................

I know exactly what he is talking about. He uses a few rabid fans to represent "The fanbase"
No he isnt. You comment on nearly every one of his posts and he clearly and repeatedly says hes talking about the nuts on tHR which do not represent your overall fans.....but you do you.

Reactions: Hotshoe
No he isnt. You comment on nearly every one of his posts and he clearly and repeatedly says hes talking about the nuts on tHR which do not represent your overall fans.....but you do you.
I've never mentioned the fanbase. These idiots, because that's who they are, are not the same folks in public. Most fans get along, even Pitt, Penn State. His board is littered with conspiracy theorists and false accusations. They go after everyone from wrestlers, to coaches, and even parents as they did last night again. They need to clean up their board. It's become a joke.

No way does Brook's shirt get pulled if Shak is still healthy, and Conel the go to at 197. I don't see how anyone can't see this as other than Conel's days as the starter at 197 are winding down. Shak will be our starter at 197 mid-January and I suspect Cael thought it better to give Aaron some December reps than wait for the two-fer lineup change next month.

Cael knows full well how long it takes to get back to AA I form, and despite some improvement Conel is a long way off (if ever) to recapturing the lightning be in a bottle March that is now over 20 months in the rear view mirror.

I suspect the toughest part of the decision was which shirt to pull, and after yesterday I am 1000% convinced.

I said after asu match Brooks 184 shack if healthy 197 he would probably weigh 193- 195. If shack not healthy Beard will be at 197 and maybe by Jan 10. Conel had 3 or 4 shots and converted 0 of them, that unacceptably for s 6yr sr.

Given the results of Brooks' debut match against a quality opponent, I'm smh more than ever regarding the lineup and travel choices for ASU that caused us to forfeit 184... The best of us us make choices that we ultimately regret and I believe Cael probably regrets the choices he made in regards to the travel roster for ASU that led to us forfeiting 184 (i.e., if Brooks is the guy at 184 this year - which he clearly is or they wouldn't have burned his RS - he should have been available at ASU). Water under the bridge at this point, Brooks should have been at ASU if he is now "the man" at 184.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob_Anderson
Given the results of Brooks' debut match against a quality, I'm smh more than ever regarding the lineup and travel choices for ASU that caused us to forfeit 184... The best of us us make choices that we ultimately regret and I believe Cael probably regrets the choices he made in regards to the travel roster for ASU that led to us forfeiting 184 (i.e., if Brooks is the guy at 184 this year - which he clearly is or they wouldn't have burned his RS - he should have been available at ASU). Water under the bridge at this point, Brooks should have been at ASU if he is now "the man" at 184.
A post from a dude who obviously without any inside perspective of the situation in real time, let alone 2 weeks post still knows better. Thanks for the insight.

Given the results of Brooks' debut match against a quality, I'm smh more than ever regarding the lineup and travel choices for ASU that caused us to forfeit 184... The best of us us make choices that we ultimately regret and I believe Cael probably regrets the choices he made in regards to the travel roster for ASU that led to us forfeiting 184 (i.e., if Brooks is the guy at 184 this year - which he clearly is or they wouldn't have burned his RS - he should have been available at ASU). Water under the bridge at this point, Brooks should have been at ASU if he is now "the man" at 184.
Please stop. We are not regretting anything. Cael took who he took based on the plan at that time. Plans change. Good coaches change plans. Oh well, lost a dual in November.

A post from a dude who obviously without any inside perspective of the situation in real time, let alone 2 weeks post still knows better. Thanks for the insight.

Nope, never said I know better Francis....said there are difficult decisions that the best of us make that we'd wished we'd choosen differently. Brooks is now the starter at 184 - given that FACT, he should have been available at ASU.

Jesus. Have some personal goals. Anything. A clean house. A half marathon. Online Chess rating. Scapbooking. Free soloing. Be the best you can be at whatever it is. It will help you move on from the ****ing Arizona State match.

Nope, never said I know better Francis....said there are difficult decisions that the best of us make that we'd wished we'd choosen differently. Brooks is now the starter at 184 - given that FACT, he should have been available at ASU.
Yes, Francine that is what you not only initially said, but reiterated in the follow up post.
As I said Francine, thanks for the brilliant insight.

Jesus. Have some personal goals. Anything. A clean house. A half marathon. Online Chess rating. Scapbooking. Free soloing. Be the best you can be at whatever it is. It will help you move on from the ****ing Arizona State match.

????? Sounds like you might want to follow your own advice regarding your need to pedantically (and absurdly) lecture everyone regarding their posts as if the wrestling program belonged exclusively to you or something.... LMAO. :rolleyes:

Give it a rest. Who cares about a meaningless dual win streak. Everything good comes to an end. Look duke basketball just lost their first game at Cameron indoor to a non conference opponent in how many games. You are hung up on something so meaningless and dumb prolly because an Iowa fan can say they have a longer streak. Who cares. Move on.

outside that no you don’t bring brooks down and have him wrestle #1 Zahid Valencia. You don’t give zahid a chance to see him until March.

Yes, Francine that is what you not only initially said, but reiterated in the follow up post.
As I said Francine, thanks for the brilliant insight.

Your reading comprehension really sucks Deuchius Rex - what I said is that Brooks is now the starter at 184 (that's a FACT genius, not speculation on my part). Given that FACT, he should have at least made the ASU trip and would have therefore been available.

Give it a rest. Who cares about a meaningless dual win streak. Everything good comes to an end. Look duke basketball just lost their first game at Cameron indoor to a non conference opponent in how many games. You are hung up on something so meaningless and dumb prolly because an Iowa fan can say they have a longer streak. Who cares. Move on.

outside that no you don’t bring brooks down and have him wrestle #1 Zahid Valencia. You don’t give zahid a chance to see him until March.

Look, if Brooks is now the clear #1 - which he is - he should have at least been available at ASU.... BTW, Brooks gains more from seeing Zahid early than the opposite - anybody who's been on an organized wrestling team knows that it's the opposite of what you say - you want to see #1 as many times as possible prior to March so you know how big "the gap" is and strategies to close it....

Sometimes objects in the rear view mirror are smaller than they appear.

Agree with you that it's not a huge deal in the whole scheme of things, still say it suggests that CS had some difficult decisions to make re: that travel roster and....

... Water under the bridge at this point, Brooks should have been at ASU if he is now "the man" at 184.
Agree with you that it's not a huge deal in the whole scheme of things, still say ...

88db082ed0dac7d69eae63ba1355c4247a7fbf4c53114fc7f1671d0a4e6ea64b.jpg

Look, if Brooks is now the clear #1 - which he is - he should have at least been available at ASU.... BTW, Brooks gains more from seeing Zahid early than the opposite - anybody who's been on an organized wrestling team knows that it's the opposite of what you say - you want to see #1 as many times as possible prior to March so you know how big "the gap" is and strategies to close it....
You're making a false assumption -- that the situation was the same then as yesterday.

It could well be that Conel's performance against Norfleet plus a week of practice -- neither of which were known until after the Zahid forfeit -- were the deciding factors.

Prior to that, Rasheed was the top option at 184. Now he appears to be the top option at 197, which necessitates burning Brooks' shirt.

Winning one early-season dual is NOT justification to burn a potential superstar's shirt. Despite the streak. Unless you're Tan Tom.

You're making a false assumption -- that the situation was the same then as yesterday.

It could well be that Conel's performance against Norfleet plus a week of practice -- neither of which were known until after the Zahid forfeit -- were the deciding factors.

Prior to that, Rasheed was the top option at 184. Now he appears to be the top option at 197, which necessitates burning Brooks' shirt.

Winning one early-season dual is NOT justification to burn a potential superstar's shirt. Despite the streak. Unless you're Tan Tom.
BTW, Norfleet only lost to Moore 3-5 yesterday--after he beat Bulsak. Bulsak also pinned Tanner Sloan in the consis. These transitive charts are getting a little nutty.

Valid to a point - however, as dreadfully bad as KC has looked (and the instantaneous decision to go with Brooks at 184) suggests that CS knew going into the ASU match that SR was very possibly his 97 this year (these guys see KC everyday in the room - no way he's been looking any different there than he has in the duals...zero offense and very mediocre, i.e., a "non-qualifier" - IOW, he was likely struggling with the decision prior to ASU. Why make an absolute decision sooner than you need to? He could have kept his options open by taking Brooks on trip....especially if he was the most dominant 184 actually wrestling in the room on a daily basis, which we now know for sure he absolutely was - and by a wide margin).

Additionally, given some of the gassing issues SR has had when he cuts weight (and KC's underwhelming performances against Navy and in multiple matches at Army Tourney) I'm sure CS was thinking of going with Brooks at 84 and SR at 97 well before ASU...and I'm sure he thought about taking Brooks on trip to keep his options open and be able to make a "meet-time" decision".... Maybe you feel differently - that's cool if so.

Not nearly angry enough for Guns. Bushwood, OTOH ...

I wonder how many national titles Cael Freaking Sanderson has to win to earn the trust of the football board types. (Answer: impossible.)

I've got no problem with the dual loss - not a big deal in the whole scheme of things. Just saying that the notion CS only began thinking about starting Brooks at 84 and Shack at 97 subsequent to ASU is farcical imho.

????? Sounds like you might want to follow your own advice regarding your need to pedantically (and absurdly) lecture everyone regarding their posts as if the wrestling program belonged exclusively to you or something.... LMAO. :rolleyes:
Sorry man, you got me. I'm probably retaining a little anger from that time Sunderland ran out Tomaev instead of Josh Moore. I'll work on it, and not come back until I'm over it. Thanks for the heads-up.

I've got no problem with the dual loss - not a big deal in the whole scheme of things. Just saying that the notion CS only began thinking about starting Brooks at 84 and Shack at 97 subsequent to ASU is farcical imho.
You've got no problem with the ASU loss, but Cael was thinking about starting Brooks and didn't, and that was the wrong decision.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Hotshoe

Thinking about it and letting the situation play out are not mutually exclusive. Of course Cael was "thinking about it". That's his job. There could be even more factors than El Jefe already covered that we aren't privy too regarding the timing of burning the shirt.

You've got no problem with the ASU loss, but Cael was thinking about starting Brooks and didn't, and that was the wrong decision.

giphy.gif

Never said it was "wrong" - there is no right or wrong with these types of decisions. I think CS almost certainly thought about preserving his options until match-time (i.e., taking AB to ASU).... you feel differently, I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sullivan
Not nearly angry enough for Guns. Bushwood, OTOH ...

I wonder how many national titles Cael Freaking Sanderson has to win to earn the trust of the football board types. (Answer: impossible.)

Not exactly sure who, or what, you're referring to in this post, but I'm routinely accused of being a coaching staff apologist on the McA-BWI Board.

Did Brooks actually travel to Tempe? Because it doesn't make sense against this:
https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/kerk-sighting-in-the-psu-wrestling-room.253704/#post-4499463

To summarize it: Brooks posted on Instagram Live, the day after the ASU dual, that he was training with Kerkvliet in State College.

Either Brooks didn't fly to Phoenix, or he was training with Kerk hours after a redeye flight home.

I'm fully aware AB didn't make trip. Given what we now know, CS gave serious consideration to taking him which would have meant he didn't need to make a final decision regarding the various lineup possibilities he was weighing at 84 and 97 until match-time. Ultimately he choose to not take Brooks - again, perhaps you're saying he never gave a thought to taking Brooks - if so, I disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT