ADVERTISEMENT

So how are you guys passing the time?

My wife is teaching a film course. Normally, she utilizes DVDs but now has to scramble and find new stuff on Netflix. (All her students can access Netflix.)

We’re now watching Ex Machina.

My wife is teaching a film course. Normally, she utilizes DVDs but now has to scramble and find new stuff on Netflix. (All her students can access Netflix.)

We’re now watching Ex Machina.
I’m working on Euclid’s Book III, Circles. This is from 200 BC and I’m simultaneously watching a movie about artificial intelligence. Interesting juxtaposition.

Reactions: bison13
We were scheduled to be in London for my kids spring break but had to cancel so the tribe and I are camping at In North Georgia. Good family time with limited human interaction.

Business as usual for now. The company plans to reveal its Covid response later today, will see what that means. I can work from home or visit clients who are open and in safe areas. we serve the healthcare community so some of them will be open to the bitter end. i don't foresee much R&R in the coming weeks.

I’m working on Euclid’s Book III, Circles. This is from 200 BC and I’m simultaneously watching a movie about artificial intelligence. Interesting juxtaposition.
Euclid was discussed daily in my above mentioned class.

Reactions: LionJim
I have been working on my perfect college football playoff scheme that incorporates conference winners and eliminates the CFB Committee.
I applaud your attempt to avoid bringing (useless) groups of people together. Have you considered using the Beltrami-Klein model for hyperbolic geometry for the playoff scheme?

We were scheduled to be in London for my kids spring break but had to cancel so the tribe and I are camping at In North Georgia. Good family time with limited human interaction.
Cut, split, stacked 2 loads firewood all day. Total social distancing.

Reactions: step.eng69
For fans of a) food, b) reviews, and c) all things military, my brother introduced me to the very niche world of YouTuber Steve1989MREInfo. If you have small children, you're familiar with the format - he takes MRE's from different eras, militaries, etc., and fusses with/opens the packaging and eats/reviews the food inside. Here is his review of the 'Holy Grail' of MRE's - the 2018 Pepperoni Pizza pack. Funnier than his pretty sincere commentary (with comments such as, 'that's rich!' and 'that's a decadent combo!') are the comments from fans watching the videos. Enjoy!

Still in my office working as usual. Days are slower because now every day will be full time in the office as opposed to being out and about. May be able to start working some from home later in the week.

Update on my kidney stoneS.
I’ve changed location of my agony.

@Waltwam I’m sitting in the ER right now getting ready to schedule removal of my 7 mm and 2 mm stones.
@BudatPSU the 2 mm might pass, but the NP chuckled and said “no way you’re passing a 7 mm stone”.
It’s just me, but I’m thinking a nice pick-me-up would be a @Midnighter poll with a nurse theme. Just saying. :cool:

OL

@Waltwam I’m sitting in the ER right now getting ready to schedule removal of my 7 mm and 2 mm stones.
@BudatPSU the 2 mm might pass, but the NP chuckled and said “no way you’re passing a 7 mm stone”.
It’s just me, but I’m thinking a nice pick-me-up would be a @Midnighter poll with a nurse theme. Just saying. :cool:

OL

You are in the no fun room right now. How big is the bribe to get it done tonight?

Reactions: TheGLOV

OL
Have you had the surgery before?

OL

Been there; done that; OUCH!

Sending prayers and gallons of water your way sir!

You can do it.

Reactions: OhioLion
It’s amazing how little my life has changed. Go to work, walk on the treadmill, watch TV....repeat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT