ADVERTISEMENT

So does Locks ever turn Maryland into a formidable opponent?

IMO MD is a bandwagon school. Even their bball team has lost support and even when they were good it was usually just the Duke, NC and NCst's. that brought out all their fans.
I think their market is really limited. No one here in Balto. really cares about them and thats when they are doing well. I see far more PSU and B1G gear around here than I do MD. The DC area seems to follow them somewhat but its far too political and the demo is constantly changing to care about MD. After that you get into UVA and VT territory.

Agree, UMD has bandwagon fans for sure just like USC or Miami, ie. big city schools. UMD is literally a few miles away from DC so alot of options if team sucks.

They are also BY FAR the major alums in the area but I agree most dont care much. Study after study shows this. It is not close. But they are not MD football fans.

I do think MD as a job with the right coach has a huge upside with the right coach. As in better than Wisc, MSU, Vtech. But does the MD admin care? I have heard top public schools like MD think football is in decline and very lower class SEC type.

MD loves soccer and LAX...both national titles recently. Coincidence, I think not.

Maryland's biggest problem is probably the same as ours. They play in the B10 East. If that doesn't change, they're not getting much better, at least on a regular basis. We're better suited to handle the schedule than they are. Again, just my opinion.

This times 1000.

Delany should realign. Too much talent imbalance. CFP issues and make NO SENSE!

I noticed an awful lot of freshman playing for them this year. I think they mix up the East and West divisions, making the East less difficult. They end up looking like Purdue...some good years, some upsets, a lot of middle of the road teams.

I noticed an awful lot of freshman playing for them this year. I think they mix up the East and West divisions, making the East less difficult. They end up looking like Purdue...some good years, some upsets, a lot of middle of the road teams.

Agree, Delany HAS to realign ASAP.

Also MD had some decent frosh talent everywhere but at the QB and major injuries. Beating Texas 2 years in a row and almost OSU (one pass away in OT) means some talent. But weird inconsistent Durkin issues and team had no coach all year etc.

I think MD has more upside than Purdue but I doubt the MD admin even cares to have a great fball program.

MD is a weird program in that they can be solid Top 15 if they really cared due to the fertile area.

And again B1G has to realign. This is beyond insane to have all the talent in one division

Reactions: BBrown

I think they lose 3 or 4 on the OL plus their really good AA LB.
Locksley's got work to do.

I think they lose 3 or 4 on the OL plus their really good AA LB.
Locksley's got work to do.

MD loses key pieces but needs a QB like Haskins, who would have gone with Lox.

I know the elite HS coaches in that area. And now here in Socal with USC.

Lox will recruit VERY well in 2020 and 2021. I am willing to bet they will be better than Durkin's Top 20 class. And WAY better than Edsall.

BUT he will eventually have to produce with good staff.

This hire is major boom or bust and will depend on the OC and DC. I don't think Lox is any good at x's/o's.

Cant be worse than Helton lol jk.

MD is Pitt. They are in a market dominated by the Redskins and Ravens. They may pick up some bandwagon fans during a good season, but they'll always be 2nd fiddle to the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT