ADVERTISEMENT

So are we still looking good for the NC ?

paul6italy9

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
I'll be honest I'm still learning all the team scoring rules but are we looking good with the 7.5 point lead ?

In about three hours you'll be able to see. These next two rounds are where the big points come. I'd guess Penn State will be up by close to 30 after the quarterfinals and 50 after the semis tonight

I'll be honest I'm still learning all the team scoring rules but are we looking good with the 7.5 point lead ?

Sure we are. Just need to take care of business in the quarters. Placement points is where you should see PSU get a big lead. You get 16 points for placing 1st and 12 for 2nd place. You only get 10/9 points for 3rd or 4th and even less for placing 5th-8th so yet get a pretty big bump in points by placing 1st or 2nd versus placing 6-8th.

I'd be worried if there was a super team like tOSU 2018 that literally looked like they could score 145-150 points before the quarters started last year.

There isn't one though.

I was super nervous last year before Session 3 started.
Then Moore got pinned by Conel.
Hayes went down.
BoJo lost to Lewis
then I felt slightly better.

Then Session 4 came around and NATO, Luke, McKenna went down immediately in the semis and Nolf obliterated Micah and I felt confident after Session 4.

OSU stormed back early Session 5 which made me slightly nervous again but Session 5 ended with tOSU having a 6 point cushion and the formula ultimately was 2 champs not Bo + Bo winning would basically seal the title and I felt confident again.

Long story short, let Session 3 to 5 play out.

Yeah. We’re in good shape. Today and tomorrow are where the real points are scored. As long as you are in the ballpark day 1 you are fine. We should put 6 in the semis and open up a bigger lead and then tonight put a bunch in the finals for an even bigger lead.

Ohio State’s actually in position to push Penn State a little bit. I think that’s the only team that has a chance to stay within 30 in the end, and likely your 2nd place finisher

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT