ADVERTISEMENT

So, about that thing with Dex as DC..

These coaches knew of the opt outs and had one month to prepare them, how did they do? The score says it all

Considering Olu and King decided to opt out the day before the game and then Carter gets hurt and Jacobs, KLS and other starters playing less than 30 snaps I dont think its a good game to judge to much of anything. Ole Miss only lots to Bama and Georgia and even without their best players PSU was in the game until the 4th.

Considering Olu and King decided to opt out the day before the game and then Carter gets hurt and Jacobs, KLS and other starters playing less than 30 snaps I dont think its a good game to judge to much of anything. Ole Miss only lots to Bama and Georgia and even without their best players PSU was in the game until the 4th.
Olu and King almost certainly told the coaches weeks ago about their plan, it only became public to the rest of us yesterday.

Reactions: bdgan and junior1
The entire defensive scheme all year has been predicated on bringing pressure and leaving our stud CBs on islands. Was Dex supposed to put in a whole new defense in a month knowing the second string CBs may not be able to hold up as well one on one?

Olu and King almost certainly told the coaches weeks ago about their plan, it only became public to the rest of us yesterday.
Which is not right on the part of CJF. Thousands (not me) spent lots of $ to go see what they thought would be less key opt outs and not minimized PT for other key players. The 2nd half defense was a shadow - personnel wise - of the regular season squad and Ole Miss exploited.

Which is not right on the part of CJF. Thousands (not me) spent lots of $ to go see what they thought would be less key opt outs and not minimized PT for other key players. The 2nd half defense was a shadow - personnel wise - of the regular season squad and Ole Miss exploited.
By the time he knew for sure I'm guessing a lot had already bought tickets but yes he was insincere with his comments

Wrong. 500 yards in the third quarter. Don't give 2 shits about missing 3 players, you don't give up 500 ****in yards
Stupid remark, Miss constantly picked on corners, the corners gave effort, best to treat as an exhibition for next year. No Daiz as DC, Dixon was an effective blitzer off the corner and Chop most likely a first round QB sack artist. Old Miss passing game would have been quite different. Most disappointing though Allar, don't know he is the answer,

Reactions: MacNit2.0
All PSU guys play they win by 7 to 10 points, not having both corner's really hurt. They still should have not been out coached like they were though.

Last edited:
Reactions: MacNit2.0
Their players, who said that that was not the case. Seems like they thought both would at least play some same with Cephus who didn’t see the field.

My only knock on Dex is not adjusting to the wide pitch on 4th downs. Ole miss ran that 3 times and we never picked it up. I was really hoping to se us try that a few times this year with singleton. I was disappointed that AK clearly didn't get involved with the game plan. I was also hoping for some extra lineman plays. Nope same old shit that didn't work all year.

Honestly, Dart was 100% the difference in the game. He must've hit 10 of the sideline back shoulder throws. Our CBs were tight, but couldn't knock them away.

Also, kiffin recognized that when we blitzed the TE wasn't being covered leading to a big day for him. Thats just good coaching. We then tamed our blitzing and stopped getting hits on Dart.

Reactions: bison13
Hi my name is Phil's rug and I live and die to read Psubiomeds posts and then run my little bitch mouth after he posts. I have to go now, mom is upstairs making meatloaf 😭 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
Stupid remark, Miss constantly picked on corners, the corners gave effort, best to treat as an exhibition for next year. No Daiz as DC, Dixon was an effective blitzer off the corner and Chop most likely a first round QB sack artist. Old Miss passing game would have been quite different. Most disappointing though Allar, don't know he is the answer,
He's not the answer. The answer is Pribula and it has nothing to do with talent. It's about mentality in big games.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
The entire defensive scheme all year has been predicated on bringing pressure and leaving our stud CBs on islands. Was Dex supposed to put in a whole new defense in a month knowing the second string CBs may not be able to hold up as well one on one?
I struggle to believe that our defense only knew how to play one on one coverage.

Our CBs were getting killed but we never adjusted.

It works in Madden, so obviously good coaches should be able to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT